AngelofPeace

Will squad ever come to console?

I have seen so much of this game and I really want to play the game. Unfortunately I do not have a PC to run something nearly like that. I only have an Xbox one. If anybody in the development team sees this please let me know if there is any way to get this to console. I would love to see this game available to play on other consoles. 

To answer your question, it has been talked about at OWI, but I highly doubt it's being prioritized, at least before 1.0

As an avid Xbox player, (Squad and War Thunder are pretty much the only games I play on the PC), I hope it does NOT come to console for the following reasons. 

Communication:
Squad relies heavily on Communication. And the sad fact of the matter is, on consoles (from my experience on BF4/1, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow 6, etc.) Random players just will not communicate, something that is common (and essential) in Squad and the Milsim stuff in Arma. You just have too many problems; The guy with a Kinect mic blaring Rap music in the background, the guy with his friends over so you just hear him talking to them the whole time, the guy that doesn't have a mic at all, and the larger issue being players that are in a xbox live party talking to their friends about their weekend. Along with Squad leaders who won't communicate with one another to a worse extent that is in Squad already in most servers.

The console audience is just too casual for the amounts of communication required in Squad.

Patience:

I think its fair to say, that if Squad were to come out on consoles, the audience buying it would be the fast paced FPS crowd. As unlike the PC, there isn't much of an alternative (Squad on the PC has the Arma guys, CS:go dudes, milsim players, etc.) On console, you have the BF guys and the CoD guys. And those players are no way in hell going to want to go into game chat to talk to their Gunner on their BTR who is some random player they never met (they would rather just One man it), or do Logi Runs, Or wait 30-50 seconds for a helicopter to start up and take off (if PR is anything to go off of in terms of start up time for birds). There aren't going to be many players that will be willing to take out a shovel, and dig for a few minutes to put up some Hescos. 

So on and so fourth. Its just a totally different mindset. At least for Public Lobbies. 

38 minutes ago, Sahara said:

To answer your question, it has been talked about at OWI, but I highly doubt it's being prioritized, at least before 1.0

As an avid Xbox player, (Squad and War Thunder are pretty much the only games I play on the PC), I hope it does NOT come to console for the following reasons. 

Communication:
Squad relies heavily on Communication. And the sad fact of the matter is, on consoles (from my experience on BF4/1, Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow 6, etc.) Random players just will not communicate, something that is common (and essential) in Squad and the Milsim stuff in Arma. You just have too many problems; The guy with a Kinect mic blaring Rap music in the background, the guy with his friends over so you just hear him talking to them the whole time, the guy that doesn't have a mic at all, and the larger issue being players that are in a xbox live party talking to their friends about their weekend. Along with Squad leaders who won't communicate with one another to a worse extent that is in Squad already in most servers.

The console audience is just too casual for the amounts of communication required in Squad.

Patience:

I think its fair to say, that if Squad were to come out on consoles, the audience buying it would be the fast paced FPS crowd. As unlike the PC, there isn't much of an alternative (Squad on the PC has the Arma guys, CS:go dudes, milsim players, etc.) On console, you have the BF guys and the CoD guys. And those players are no way in hell going to want to go into game chat to talk to their Gunner on their BTR who is some random player they never met (they would rather just One man it), or do Logi Runs, Or wait 30-50 seconds for a helicopter to start up and take off (if PR is anything to go off of in terms of start up time for birds). There aren't going to be many players that will be willing to take out a shovel, and dig for a few minutes to put up some Hescos. 

So on and so fourth. Its just a totally different mindset. At least for Public Lobbies. 

your an avid xbox player and you haven't added me yet?
FOR SHAME! (my gamertag is my forum name)

Personally, (as a console player and pc player), I do not think this game will be suited for consoles unfortunately. Here are my reasons why:

1. Most console players dont communicate. Every game that requires communication (rainbow six, etc) on console has had very little to no mics. Console players arent as communicative. 

2. Controllers. Imo, It would be incredibly difficult to put all of the controls on  a controller (lean, map, communication, etc).

3. Its still EARLY ACCESS... as said before, I would wait until squad is a complete game.

Sorry for the trouble, Hopefully you guys shall become future squaddies :)

No. I bought pc just for Squad about a year ago. Upgraded cpu gpu and ram in just a year playing, and only for Squad and pubg arma etc. Never ever the community and players active will be like on a console. And i have played consoles for the last 4th generations or even longer (never played pc before)It would be Awesome if it came to console because then i could finally  play it with all of my friends, but i really think it would be just a ****ed up mess of shouting, lone wolfing and 360's no scope everywhere. Btw now i think of it, it will be a Noob fest ;)

52 minutes ago, Rob86 said:

No. I bought pc just for Squad about a year ago. Upgraded cpu gpu and ram in just a year playing, and only for Squad and pubg arma etc. Never ever the community and players active will be like on a console. And i have played consoles for the last 4th generations or even longer (never played pc before)It would be Awesome if it came to console because then i could finally  play it with all of my friends, but i really think it would be just a ****ed up mess of shouting, lone wolfing and 360's no scope everywhere. Btw now i think of it, it will be a Noob fest ;)

I feel your pain bro because I spent about $1,500 dollars on my current "PC" build, and that was back in May. I don't believe their will ever be a console that could run this game @ 60 + FPS, well maybe if it was a super computer console lol.9_9

Mate the squad community (mil sim community should i say)is really different from xbox.

I have never heard of any mil sim game released on console,it will be confusing because xbox players are not used to this kind of games.

Well i'm not saying xbox community is full of kids or immature people like most people say on the web ,but right now it's all about the battlefield series and other games like Forza Horizon,people will just buy squad , try it for like 1 day tops and then toss it in the library.

The game should be completed like @Zylfrax791 said so i don't think the devs will reveal anything until then.

Edited by Mister Skippy

In my opinion, there are way too many keys/buttons needed in order to play this game. I don't see how this game could ever come to console unless they tweaked some of the most important stuff, like leaning, mapping/marking, etc. This doesn't seem like a game that fits on consoles, but that's just me

On 08/08/2017 at 8:00 PM, AngelofPeace said:

I have seen so much of this game and I really want to play the game. Unfortunately I do not have a PC to run something nearly like that. I only have an Xbox one. If anybody in the development team sees this please let me know if there is any way to get this to console. I would love to see this game available to play on other consoles. 

Sell your shit box and get a pc! Console gaming isn't real gaming it's sitting in a cardboard box and pretending that it's a car!!! 

I treat squad as a spoilt kid, what ever it needs it gets! 

Anyhow will consoles even be able to run squad or would it be at low settings at 30 fps? 

I'm not just thinking now but in the future and would you not have to have auto aim on!!! 

22 minutes ago, ZXD_Lee said:

Sell your shit box and get a pc! Console gaming isn't real gaming it's sitting in a cardboard box and pretending that it's a car!!! 

I treat squad as a spoilt kid, what ever it needs it gets! 

Anyhow will consoles even be able to run squad or would it be at low settings at 30 fps? 

I'm not just thinking now but in the future and would you not have to have auto aim on!!! 

Imagine if they release squad on console with no aim assist