Sign in to follow this  

Okay, so I love this game mode, but I think it definitely needs some tweaking. Played invasion on Yehorivka last night as the attackers. Made it to Novo and lost. But here's the thing. Our team did a great job of working together and saving tickets and destroying enemy vehicles, but at the end, the US still won by a whopping 400+ tickets. I would venture to say it was the most aggressive invasion round I have ever played on that map and we still got slaughtered (in terms of tickets). The game mode works well (for the most part), but I would like to suggest some changes.:

- Attackers gain an extra +20-25 tickets per flag cap

- Attackers start with more than 250-300 tickets, since enemy team starts with 800+ or whatever.

- Give attackers more vehicles than 'defenders'

- Do not allow 'defenders' to back-cap after attackers have already taken a flag.

It just doesn't make much sense in my eyes for the defenders to have 2.5X the amount of tickets as the attackers unless the attackers have an advantage (and as far as I am aware, they don't). 

What do you guys think?

P.S. Invasion game mode is not on the wiki :) 

Do not allow 'defenders' to back-cap after attackers have already taken a flag.

Once you get beyond the first flag you cant recapture anyways.  It's not meant to be easy. 

I would say that the change actually needed is remove the "mercy bleed" from Invasion gamemode, some maps clearly weren't designed with it in mind.

Currently on some maps (the one where the first cap is mosque... forgot name) it's actually easier for defenders than attackers to get to the first neutral flag. And if they hold it for literally 3 minutes, it's more or less game over for attackers.

21 hours ago, Smee said:

Do not allow 'defenders' to back-cap after attackers have already taken a flag.

Once you get beyond the first flag you cant recapture anyways.  It's not meant to be easy. 

I was told by people in the game they can recap since there is no red x over the flag. 

Your right if it doesn't have a cross they can get it. 

Okay, so I just noticed playing Yehorivka again last night that this map on Invasion does not have the red marking on the flag cap that makes it uncappable for defending team, but when playing Al Basrah I noticed the back flags were not cappable by defenders after the US captured them. Is this another bug on Yehorivka or are some maps on Invasion back-capable?

Yeah that re-cappable thing is also true on Chora Invasion. That's the map I was talking about earlier. Against a semi-competent INS team, US is totally screwed there. Not only do they lose due to mercy bleed if they fail to rush Mosque (which the insurgents can get to slightly faster than US), US also has to hold Mosque while attacking the next flag. Flags should be un-recappable there. I think the longest I've seen the US team hold out was maybe 10 minutes.