Sign in to follow this  
♠DEG♠

Allow IED place on player/suicide vest

Suicide vest class,or allow ieds to be placed on friendly for suicide bomber. We already have vehicle born ied's why not on players bodies. I have seen it done on al basarh not sure if the guys were bugging it out or what.

It was great fun and really kept the game intense for both sides. 

And I think I speak for all us pr vets

BRING GARY BACK!  Please!

(If you don't know Gary was the nickname for a dump truck/garbage truck full of explosives that leveled nearly a city block)

Edited by ♠DEG♠
Explain gary

Would love to see both of those ideas added to the game, at least vbieds. It would add some more diversity to the game and balance it out a little bit better. I know you can use the ieds and put it on the bikes but the explosion isnt big enough to make it worth killing yourself. There isnt much other stuff you can add to the insurgents compared to the US army or the Russian army so I really hope that they will add vbieds at least.

Can't you already place an IED on your buddies head? I've seen a video around here of it being done.

The mechanic of it being place-able on people is discussed in this thread. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

you already can place the IED on people and vehicles. This is a conscious decision by the developers NOT an oversight by the way.

That's crazy if they don't add it for insurgents as a Iraq,Afghan vet and a old project reality die hard. It's one of the very few balancing factors for insurgents gameplay wise and realistic as there deadliest and most effective weapons to combat conventional forces. As well as one of the craziest most but clenching events ingame. Gary was one of the craziest things to experience in PR and still one of the main things I bring up when reminiscing.

8 minutes ago, 40mmrain said:

you already can place the IED on people and vehicles. This is a conscious decision by the developers NOT an oversight by the way.

I have tryd to place on a player and it showed red unable to place...so what's the deal?

9 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

That's crazy if they don't add it for insurgents as a Iraq,Afghan vet and a old project reality die hard. It's one of the very few balancing factors for insurgents gameplay wise and realistic as there deadliest and most effective weapons to combat conventional forces. As well as one of the craziest most but clenching events ingame. Gary was one of the craziest things to experience in PR and still one of the main things I bring up when reminiscing.

I have tryd to place on a player and it showed red unable to place...so what's the deal?

I guess I'll have to give it another go but I could not get one to place I tryd for 5 min with my buddy

This video is old from may I think it is not possible anymore.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

I believe you can still do it, but both players have to be inside a building. I recently did it (last month or so) so I know it's possible.

AFAIK devs said they won't add large VBIEDs because of feels (cue the meme pictures here).

Which is unfortunate, both because large VBIEDs would be awesome to play, and because they're a huge deal in modern battlefield.
During the siege of Mosul, according to insurgent stats, they knocked out 22 Abrams MBTs with VBIEDs, making VBIED the biggest tank killer on the battlefield (closely seconded by ATGMs with 20 MBT kills). You know how many Abrams were destroyed by all manner of RPGs? 3 (three).

31 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

AFAIK devs said they won't add large VBIEDs because of feels (cue the meme pictures here).

Which is unfortunate, both because large VBIEDs would be awesome to play, and because they're a huge deal in modern battlefield.
During the siege of Mosul, according to insurgent stats, they knocked out 22 Abrams MBTs with VBIEDs, making VBIED the biggest tank killer on the battlefield (closely seconded by ATGMs with 20 MBT kills). You know how many Abrams were destroyed by all manner of RPGs? 3 (three).

feels can't be the reason, because IED suicide vehicles are already in Squad, on purpose, and no one really cares. Honestly if there's no Gary sized VBIEDs in Squad ever, ill be pretty damn disappointed. As you said, it's a very tactically important vehicle, and can actually make MBTs balanced against unconventionals..

18 minutes ago, Marijuanoz said:

i tried to place it on my dude but it didn't work

From my passing interest in the subject I recall the person you place it on either needs to crouch, be in a corner or near a wall and with lots of moving around finally it turns green.

I miss Gary, too. Nothing as scary as seeing it come around a corner in a narrow street. 

Edited by Flat896

On 9.8.2017 at 0:54 AM, Flat896 said:

I miss Gary, too. Nothing as scary as seeing it come around a corner in a narrow street. 

*Honk Honk*

Is a VBIED just a car loaded to the hilt with boom-stuffs?

If it is then why don't you just load the car up with a couple Mines then place the IED and send it off - assuming here that the IED will set off the Mines as well - i would expect a large bang from this.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:42 PM, LaughingJack said:

Is a VBIED just a car loaded to the hilt with boom-stuffs?

If it is then why don't you just load the car up with a couple Mines then place the IED and send it off - assuming here that the IED will set off the Mines as well - i would expect a large bang from this.

you my friend have never played PR and seen Gary explode. that shit was biggest boomy ball hair scorching experience i have ever had in a video game. It was... well was a very big boom and the entire map was like dayummm!! every time that truck blew. 

4 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

you my friend have never played PR and seen Gary explode.

true that :) - he sounds like fun!

i remember one time in JO, somebody set some satchel charges on a bridge and when they went off something glitched and took out the entire map, like everyone on the server died and the guy who planted it got punted for about 20 TK's, literally LOLs all around - ahh, happy days!

38 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

you my friend have never played PR and seen Gary explode

27 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

true that :) - he sounds like fun!

Good times with Gary and Big Red

On 8/8/2017 at 6:54 PM, Flat896 said:

I loved watching it drive on a highway towards an Abrams that can't maneuver it's turret fast enough to shoot it xD