pederm

1440p 144hz or 4k 60hz?

pederm   

Hi, so Im planning on getting a computer for this game in particular. The build will include these parts:

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB LIGHTNING Z

Intel Core i7 7700K 4.2 GHz 8MB

16 GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Samsung 850-Series PRO 256GB

So what monitor would be ideal for this game and that build? Is it better to get the 1440p 144hz or the 4k 60hz one? The monitor will be around 26-28''. Also how does ultrawide monitors work in this game? Are those prefered to normal wide ones?

Lio   

If is to play Squad i would go for a 4K 60Hz, cus i doubt you will ever make use of a 144Hz cus you need to have 144 FPS in game or more(pretty much impossible), the ultrawide question i dont know, but probably works :)

Edited by Lio

Voice   

I got a acer predator x34, squad looks truely amazing on it, dunno if its better or worse than others.

pederm   

Thanks for the replies.

57 minutes ago, Lio said:

If is to play Squad i would go for a 4K 60Hz, cus i doubt you will ever make use of a 144Hz cus you need to have 144 FPS in game or more(pretty much impossible), the ultrawide question i dont know, but probably works :)

So both monitors would produce the same amount of FPS in this despite having different resolutions? I would be pretty satisfied if I could get a stable 60 FPS in 4k but would my build me strong enough for that?

41 minutes ago, Voice said:

I got a acer predator x34, squad looks truely amazing on it, dunno if its better or worse than others.

Seems like a good monitor but might be a bit too expensive for me. How does the gaming work if youre sitting pretty close to a big screen? Is it bad for the eyes if you use a bigger monitor or will it be the same as using a small monitor?

SHO-SHIN   

I used a 32 inch 16:9 monitor for Squad for a good while, and it looks amazing but I found for an FPS it's simply to big.

I have gone back to 27 16:9 and am very happy. My current monitor is g-sync, 144Hz, ultra low input lag and 1440p. It's a very decent TN display with great colours. I play at 1.5 resolution scale and have 55-85fps (usually 85). It goes much higher but I lock it to that currently.

As Squad develops re optimisation, so will my FPS which I am looking forward to. 

A few mates play in 4K on 28 inch screens and they are very happy so I think it is down to personal preference.

pederm   
19 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I used a 32 inch 16:9 monitor for Squad for a good while, and it looks amazing but I found for an FPS it's simply to big.

I have gone back to 27 16:9 and am very happy. My current monitor is g-sync, 144Hz, ultra low input lag and 1440p. It's a very decent TN display with great colours. I play at 1.5 resolution scale and have 55-85fps (usually 85). It goes much higher but I lock it to that currently.

As Squad develops re optimisation, so will my FPS which I am looking forward to. 

A few mates play in 4K on 28 inch screens and they are very happy so I think it is down to personal preference.

Sounds good. How strong is your computer if you can get that FPS? Im leaning towards the 4k but Im a bit worried that my build wont be strong enough to get good enough FPS.

SHO-SHIN   
8 hours ago, pederm said:

Sounds good. How strong is your computer if you can get that FPS? Im leaning towards the 4k but Im a bit worried that my build wont be strong enough to get good enough FPS.

Strong! i7 7700k at 4.8Ghz, 32GB RAM 3000Mhz, 1080ti 11GB VRAM and M.2 SSD.

pederm   
20 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Strong! i7 7700k at 4.8Ghz, 32GB RAM 3000Mhz, 1080ti 11GB VRAM and M.2 SSD.

Thanks. If you would run it on a 4k screen with 60hz then what would you estimate the FPS to be on your setup?

SHO-SHIN   
1 minute ago, pederm said:

Thanks. If you would run it on a 4k screen with 60hz then what would you estimate the FPS to be on your setup?

I had a 4K screen before and would lowest on some maps/situations 50fps from memory. But basically I would be at 60fps plus 90% of the time. (I recall it being mostly 70fps unlocked, but I always lock my fps to what I want to play at).

pederm   
1 hour ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I had a 4K screen before and would lowest on some maps/situations 50fps from memory. But basically I would be at 60fps plus 90% of the time. (I recall it being mostly 70fps unlocked, but I always lock my fps to what I want to play at).

Thats pretty decent. I guess your build is stronger than my potential build but Im used to console gaming so having 50-60 FPS would be a big upgrade for me.

Rob86   
On 6-8-2017 at 8:54 PM, SHO-SHIN said:

What is the monitor you are using? Still looking for a good 1440p monitor. Just asking Tnx!