Lex1us

Worth a buy in august 2017

Lex1us   

Hi there, 

Is the first time I write on a forum so please be patient if I make some mistakes xD. 

I was interested in the game but I have a few doubts:

1)I see that there are not many people playing the game (~1600) I'm Italian do you think I will find always people to play with ?

2) the game was published in 2015 are you sure will last longer considering the price of 36€?

3) is there any free week end planned?

4) there will be any sale? ( I ask this just because wasting 36€ is a shit but 5-10€ is not such a big problem)

9 minutes ago, Lex1us said:

Hi there, 

Is the first time I write on a forum so please be patient if I make some mistakes xD. 

1)I see that there are not many people playing the game (~1600) I'm Italian do you think I will find always people to play with ?

2) the game was published in 2015 are you sure will last longer considering the price of 36€?

4) there will be any sale? ( I ask this just because wasting 36€ is a shit but 5-10€ is not such a big problem)

What's the risk when you can get a refund on Steam? Go for it! You won't regret it.

12 minutes ago, Lex1us said:

Hi there, 

1) That is plenty of people; you will always find a game. We used to be lucky to see 500 people on in a day, back before vehicles and what not.

2) The game hasn't even left Alpha yet; and they have a consistent playerbase that has been playing the game since it was announced on Kickstarter. It's only growing.

3) No, and I doubt there ever will be. Use the steam refund window.

4) They don't announce when they are doing sales, you just missed the summer sale.  Even so, sales don't see the game for more than 50% off at the very most.

Lex1us   

thank you for your fast replyes :). I think i will buy and try it. i really really hope you are right cause i like softair and games like battlefield were good but i want more realism. see you in game!

Nossa   

There are plenty of people playing every single day on a consistent basis. You will find full servers with lines of people waiting to get in. I Don't thin you will have to worry.

They will probably have a free weekend again, but don't expect it atleast until the next major update. This game is so totally worth buying i promise. I play myself on a daily basis. If you made it to this point where you signed up for a forum account just to ask, I would have bought it already.

Hi Lexus, i will answer briefly on your question:

1- for a niche alpha game ther's plenty of people playing it. At evening ther's atleast > than 20 full servers in the EU region

2- i think the price will maybe raise up once the game will be fully release

3- yes in the past the DEV has done some free weekend with a 50% discount on the game itself, most of the time this free weekend come after a big and important update

4- as mentioned on point 3) the game can have a 50% slice on to the free weekend, and when steam release some sesonal's sales.

As i've read, your an italian guy, so if you need more info in to the italian language ther's the italian language sub-forum that you'll find by clicking on this link.

As an italian moderator i'm at your disposal!^_^

Italian:

Mi pare di aver capito che sei italiano, se quindi ti servono maggiori informazioni in lingua italiana puoi trovarne nella sezione italiana del forum cliccando su questo link.
Come moderatore italiano sono a tua disposizione!^_^

On 4/8/2017 at 8:14 PM, DoctorKamikaze said:

3) No, and I doubt there ever will be. Use the steam refund window.

4) They don't announce when they are doing sales, you just missed the summer sale.  Even so, sales don't see the game for more than 50% off at the very most.

Those points are incorrect! They have done atleast 3 free weekend in the past ;)

1 hour ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Hi Lexus, i will answer briefly on your question:

1- for a niche alpha game ther's plenty of people playing it. At evening ther's atleast > than 20 full servers in the EU region

2- i think the price will maybe raise up once the game will be fully release

3- yes in the past the DEV has done some free weekend with a 50% discount on the game itself, most of the time this free weekend come after a big and important update

4- as mentioned on point 3) the game can have a 50% slice on to the free weekend, and when steam release some sesonal's sales.

As i've read, your an italian guy, so if you need more info in to the italian language ther's the italian language sub-forum that you'll find by clicking on this link.

As an italian moderator i'm at your disposal!^_^

Those point are incorrect! They have done atleast 3 free weekend in the past ;)

Free weekend doesnt mean free week :P

And they have never announced sales weeks ahead of time, always right before they happen.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Nono ofc, but i think the OP was referring to the free weekend sice he wrote 

On 4/8/2017 at 7:59 PM, Lex1us said:

with a space between "week" and "end":D

58 minutes ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Nono ofc, but i think the OP was referring to the free weekend sice he wrote 

with a space between "week" and "end":D

Oh man! My brain totally didn't read those words together at all....

Sorta   

I would wait until the v10 update drops before buying, both because it will improve the game and also maybe the devs will communicate what their current development plan is (ie how much longer will it still be in alpha.) It's best to avoid the eternal early access.

SHO-SHIN   
On 04/08/2017 at 8:04 PM, Lex1us said:

thank you for your fast replyes :). I think i will buy and try it. i really really hope you are right cause i like softair and games like battlefield were good but i want more realism. see you in game!

then you found the right game and importantly the right community - im over 1,000 hours into Squad and not slowing down.

Top tip, find a community (established server or clan) to play with for the best Squad experience.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:04 PM, Lex1us said:

If you like Battlefield but have always wanted more realism, then you will not be disappointed with Squad! Welcome!