Jimi Vacarians

Vietnam War Poll

4 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

I worked long hours on the Hue height map Zylfrax....show Wip tomorrow, Im beat up tired...unlesd your on the Discord, I posted there already, are you on modding Discord?

Yeah on Squad Modding Discord. Yeho is the biggest map I think, I wouldn't go any bigger than that. I visualized basically just the citadel, river, city and a little of the surrounding area.

Posted (edited)

BOH_screenshot_wip.jpg

Yeah it takes awhile to soft out the edges and bring them under the water line.  Making the beaches takes a long while on a big map.  There are lots of bridges to model and buildings.  Lots of fun.... :)  Need boats too and planes, not to mention walls and barriers of the Citadel. 

Edited by XRobinson

30 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

BOH_screenshot_wip.jpg

Yeah it takes awhile to soft out the edges and bring them under the water line.  Making the beaches takes a long while on a big map.  There are lots of bridges to model and buildings.  Lots of fun.... :)  Need boats too and planes, not to mention walls and barriers of the Citadel. 

Very nice. Upload the *.raw whenever and I'll start working on constructing the destroyed buildings.

Alright, what is the raw file have same as the height map?  This program exports height map as png file.  Do I just covert that to a raw?

1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

Alright, what is the raw file have same as the height map?  This program exports height map as png file.  Do I just covert that to a raw?

I'm real hazy on the entire process you use to get to the *.raw file aside from using World Creator.

Posted (edited)

hue_map_wip_ue.jpg

I used Earth Sculptor to get started fast on this map, then imported into UE4 now sculpting it in the engine it has a better smoothing tool and now can start adding stuff to the map.  I found lots of good reference aerial photos online as well as good maps, so getting good detail on this map should be no problem, it will just take a long time depending on how many are working on it.  Here is one good reference here, I'm using.. :

Hue+3D.jpg

I can give you locations on this map and what needs to be modeled if you can work without a height map for now as I'm still working on the height map.  @Zylfrax791

Most of what needs to be modeled first I think is within the red outline but also outside the red line too as that is where forces will have bases to attack the city...

17267886454_c501126d37_b.jpg

Edited by XRobinson