Merlin

Media Creation Logo Pictures [High Res]

can´t open the first wallpapers you postet MasterX (can´t find the DNS) :(  anyone with the same problem and/or a solution?

anyway looking awesome on the desktops  ;)

@ JohnMason

Updated every image and uploaded on imgur. All should be working now : )

Hello forums, this is my first day and first post in this community. I've been somewhat active in the Project Reality 2 subforums back then when that was still a thing, and now decided to repurpose all wallpapers I made for that project, as it was discontinued. So basically I just switched the PR2 logo for the squad logo in the psd's I still had laying around ^^ (if you're interested in where the resources for the wallpapers came from, you'll have to search the pr2 thread if it still exists over at the pr forums, I linked everything there).

BECAUSE these were originally meant for a different game, I'm not sure how relevant the depicted factions are or will be when it comes to squad. I hope you enjoy them anyway.

s1DtSxa.png

9x2mflq.png

uxpgtXw.png

uCdvWN7.png

YVQuqvW.png

fxQxUS0.png

zWFOU2n.png

Edit: I have to split my post into two seperate posts because of the image limit? I hope the mods don't mind.

Here's an idea I have had kicking around for a bit. Not sure if I have seen this done yet, but I felt it needed to be done.

Logos:

6VVg8gx.png

PRXMhjP.png

Wmve1xY.png

Wallpapers:

NOwAlXT.png

VhQ5UxL.png

B23zE2p.png

3kAHAIF.png

ALkztQf.png

I just dabble in Photoshop so sorry I didn't get too fancy with the wallpapers, Illustrator is more my thing, and even then, I'm not a formal student of design.

Hope you appreciate the idea, and please take it and run with it if you feel so inspired.

Also, if it says something in Arabic, it was unintentional.

Simple is often the best imo. Though I like the wallpaper with blue/pink and some yellow at the end of "SQUAD", like the one on steam.

http://i.imgur.com/vwbPU1T.jpg

Can anyone guess from what version of PR-trailer, parts of my sig is from? :P

Simple is often the best imo. Though I like the wallpaper with blue/pink and some yellow at the end of "SQUAD", like the one on steam.

Yes!! and I think this one is perfect for a DVD-ROM wrap. That would have to be the ultimate goal for SQUAD right? How cool would it be if SQUAD got so big you could walk into your local JB, EB or gaming store and buy the physical copy off the shelf?

SQUAD2.png

Hey people / squad!

So I just joined the forum, and haven't read a thing - just thrilled about what I'm hearing and seeing.
Anyway, I thought I would contribute with some ideas aswell, since I'm having a break from work.
And thanks for the Battlefield podcast last night. Great to hear a honest conversation about this very ambitious project.

About the logo/wallpaper here.

I tried to go for a neutral look, based loosely on military symbolism and standard measurement tools. I hope it makes sense.
With all due respect, but I would love to see an intelligent shooter go for something that doesn't necessarily depict weapons and soldiers to promote a tactical fps.
So I felt the urge to do something minimalistic, that would hopefully associate with how war also comes down to strategy and tactical choices. Well, hope you get the idea...

Good luck to the squad developers!

erGLCmO.jpg?1

very very nicely done masava. Is that the appropriate NATO icon for a squad?

thank you unfrail!

I took the liberty to change the correct NATO icon, so I could align the whole thing in a more compact fashion.

Would be cool to use the real deal though, it even has a nice little dot on top. I'm not sure how many variations of the "squadra, fire-team, squad" one can find. I'm sure an expert in here can clarify that, but there are so many interesting military symbols ready to be used in so many ways!

Original picture is this "Forest lightning test" from greenlight. Unfortunately so low res that no much use as background.  :(

Unfrails insurgency "squad" tag.

I liked this picture, but sadly it was really low res, so I tried to remake it at higher resolution, trying a few different techniques to hide the lack of detail from the source-image.

FkOQhT1.jpg

I liked this picture, but sadly it was really low res, so I tried to remake it at higher resolution, trying a few different techniques to hide the lack of detail from the source-image.

FkOQhT1.jpg

Oh really nice, I take a liberty to quess that you used something more advanced than paint.net. :) My desktop image now, thx. The scenery is really nice on that test scene.

I missed your wallpaper WAR, I'm stoked to see that graphic put to use! I need to clean it up a bit and refine the linework. It was kindof a rush job just to get the idea out there and finished. I'd love to see other representations re: Asian style, Cyrillic etc. I'll re-work mine when I get the chance to make it more clean lined and balanced.

And nice re-work GameKiller48. I've never made wallpapers, and just wanted to get some ideas out there, but you guys are making something much better than my photoshop disaster :P

thank you unfrail!

I took the liberty to change the correct NATO icon, so I could align the whole thing in a more compact fashion.

Would be cool to use the real deal though, it even has a nice little dot on top. I'm not sure how many variations of the "squadra, fire-team, squad" one can find. I'm sure an expert in here can clarify that, but there are so many interesting military symbols ready to be used in so many ways!

Looks like you have the right box for infantry, but adding a single dot above it would indicate a "Squad". Might unbalance the aesthetic, but I'm betting you could work a revision that kept its visual composure. I think its a really cool idea, and Iconography is valuable for branding. Why not have one that is so meaningful?

Iconography is valuable for branding. Why not have one that is so meaningful?

On point! I agree 100% 

I actually have some other versions with the dot i could upload at some point ;)

Oh really nice, I take a liberty to quess that you used something more advanced than paint.net.

Yupp, Photoshop CS6, worth every cent imo. Though pretty much all tools I used are also available in the older photoshop versions, and if I recall correctly, then CS2 was (and maybe still is) available for free.

Edit: Another wallpaper, this time without the squad logo:

VqVsqTZ.jpg

Not a fan of this one at all, It's nice when it's one or the other, but blue + pink do not match with yellow/gold

Hey all, did a little work on a screenshot of mine, would like to know what you guys think

SQ_BG2HD_zpsexrmldgc.png

SQ_BG3_zpsrftavztp.png

couldnt decide between the two fonts mostly, let me know what you prefer