Jump to content
LightSabersEdge

View on kids playing?

Recommended Posts

So, I am 13 and would like to know how the community of Squad reacts to kids. I am interested in the game but skeptical because kids are usually looked down upon. I do have a microphone and I like communicating. I'm not one of the insult throwing kids (Or whatever the stereotype is). I don't find  that type of stuff useful, calling people things is not gonna help us win the game.

 

I appreciate the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although you will have a few people out there that will talk down to you because of your age, i wouldnt back off from buying Squad. Its a great game, and the majority of the community is tolerable. Go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gatzby   

Heh, I'll happily welcome anyone of any age if they're open and willing to play! They make way better squadmates than anyone spending time talking down, imho.

 

Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tatzhit   

The community overall is pretty nice, kids are few but most people don't have a problem with them. There are a few uptight powertripping SLs, but honestly they're dicks to anyone who doesn't wanna roleplay a dumb GI, regardless of age.
Because the game requires so much cooperation, the vast majority of people will judge you on your own merits, as those become apparent within a few minutes of gameplay. As long as you do the tutorial and work with the squad, you're already better than many pub players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Socrates   

Personally, I think that a lot of people in the community think the kids are "annoying", especially because of the high pitched voices. People will have this mindset in general. And some may even not take the kids seriously in game because of this. But, there are some people playing Squad who will take the kids seriously like any other person out there. I'm fine with having kids in my squad, so long as they, like everyone else, are being team players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Socrates said:

Personally, I think that a lot of people in the community think the kids are "annoying", especially because of the high pitched voices. People will have this mindset in general. And some may even not take the kids seriously in game because of this. But, there are some people playing Squad who will take the kids seriously like any other person out there. I'm fine with having kids in my squad, so long as they, like everyone else, are being team players.

I play a lot of gmod and online games so a high pitched voice doesn't really phase me. I don't give a shit as long as they're playing as they should be and are willing to learn & more importantly listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Popo   

Kids make great soldiers. Fact proven many times since invention of ranged weapons. Same applies to Squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SHO-SHIN   

I would never talk down or think any less of a younger player in any game.

But I won't play in the same Squad with those under 16. It's nothing todo with their ability, attitude or indeed maturity. When I game I like to feel like i'm down the pub with adult friends, it's just not suitiable for younger folk IMO.

 

It's a little rough, I admit that but there it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I would never talk down or think any less of a younger player in any game.

But I won't play in the same Squad with those under 16. It's nothing todo with their ability, attitude or indeed maturity. When I game I like to feel like i'm down the pub with adult friends, it's just not suitiable for younger folk IMO.

 

It's a little rough, I admit that but there it is.

On that topic does Squad even have one of those silly ESRB ratings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-MG   

I can't cope with squeekers, then agian dont feel bad. I can't deal with people of my age either. 
I only seem to get along with fellas in their late 30's or 40's or 50's. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LugNut   
On 8/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, JoshuaD said:

Maturity is the key, in my own opinion. I do not mind playing with younger gamers as long as they don't act like a child. 

 

Pretty much this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nossa   

As a Squad leader, I encounter younger players frequently. I think the crux of the issue does come down to maturity. I've seen some kids run and scream "LALALALALALALALALA!!!!!" in COMMAND CHAT of all places. Then on the other hand, Ive seen 12 yr olds as squad leaders and actually playing decently and communicating with other squad leaders with decency and maturity that i would expect from any adult. So it varies widely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gatzby   
On 8/5/2017 at 10:56 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

On that topic does Squad even have one of those silly ESRB ratings?

It's been debated a bit here: 

 

 

Ultimately, though, the standard ESRB line is "online interactions not rated." 

It occurs to me that paying attention to the younger Squaddie that has more time to play, learn the terrain, and isn't suffering from my broken body... might be the best way to go, hah. Support our youth; play a medic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

It's been debated a bit here: 

 

 

Ultimately, though, the standard ESRB line is "online interactions not rated." 

It occurs to me that paying attention to the younger Squaddie that has more time to play, learn the terrain, and isn't suffering from my broken body... might be the best way to go, hah. Support our youth; play a medic!

Pretty sure ESRB is voluntary anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most squad leaders will throw you out.
But many leaders are assholes and stupid ones.
I often do my own thing because I have a good insight. I
am 44 years old and a lot of experience.
There are many players who are the same and score a lot of points.
If leaders are kicken then they are usually shot dead by the kicked person.
That's often funny and the SL goes offline. He is punished himself by his stupid behavior.
It should be forbidden that SL can kick someone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind it as long as you little ones aren't clogging up the net with nonsense!

The 2 times I experienced a young player he just would not shut up and not a single thing that came out of his mouth was worth saying to anyone.not trying to be a *** but when I'm SL and overwhelmed with com chatter already I can't handle someone yelling CAN I SPAWN ON YOUR FOB. I HEAR A TRUCK this is a cool fob this is a good spot for a mg hey hey hey squad leader this is a good spot for a mg I had to boot him it was effecting my effectiveness as a SL.

I would say you'll be fine just don't open your mouth without making sure what your saying is quick decisive and important. 

This sounds like I'm being a *** really not trying to be. Squad up and hf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×