LightSabersEdge

View on kids playing?

2 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

I had to boot him it was effecting my effectiveness as a SL.

I totally understand your feelings (I said very similar things in my post above), but in the future, my suggestion would be to mentor the child a little instead of, or before you kick them from the squad. If my 4 years of teaching kids here in Japan taught me anything, it's that kids are extremely malleable and for the most part are quite receptive to feedback when it is presented in a non-condescending manner. 

Generally I find that if I take a minute to talk to the young-one in question on local chat (not squad chat, to try to avoid any shaming that might come from other players in the squad) and let him know that his communication is becoming disruptive, and you'd like him/her to focus only on calling out enemy positions (giving an example of how to do it) and to use the remainder of the time to listen to how the rest of the squad communicates. 

I have roughly a 50-60% success rate with that strategy. Some kids are simply too immature to really grasp the difference in what they're trying to do with communicating and what everyone else is doing, but a lot will really make great strides from that. 

5 hours ago, Super Sniper said:

Most squad leaders will throw you out.
But many leaders are assholes and stupid ones.
I often do my own thing because I have a good insight. I
am 44 years old and a lot of experience.
There are many players who are the same and score a lot of points.
If leaders are kicken then they are usually shot dead by the kicked person.
That's often funny and the SL goes offline. He is punished himself by his stupid behavior.
It should be forbidden that SL can kick someone!

Even if that person is making it impossible for the squad to communicate or advance in any meaningful manner? SLs should absolutely be able to kick people, especially those who are insubordinate or just generally over-obnoxious. Most of the time if a SL is TK'd by a guy he kicked the rest of the squad will TK the douchebag and report him to an admin.

Hey man, I have a clan for under 18's, hit me up on steam and I will give you an invite to the discord. My profile picture is the squad logo. See you on the battlefield!

""Most of the time if a SL is TK'd by a guy he kicked the rest of the squad will TK the douchebag and report him to an admin.""

I already shot a lot of SL and never got a ban.
You have to do it smartly :-)

Not so nice to walk 10 miles and kick
Kick without reason is dead, many players do that and me too.
That's also the only way to teach them a lesson in the future.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Super Sniper said:

I already shot a lot of SL and never got a ban.
You have to do it smartly :-)

That's also the only way to teach them a lesson in the future.

If you haven't been banned then it means you did it in such a way that they didn't know it was you, which means they think they were killed by an enemy, which means they didn't learn anything from your pathetic behavior anyway. 

I suppose the plus side is at least we on the forum have "learned" that you're a spiteful team killing ****

Edited by Psyrus
Gotta add those stars

I say that you must be smart (in fewer words :-)

Your opinion is not important.
An arrogant SL is pathetic behavior and they learn it.
Today they are already leaving themselves.. 
they learn it:-)

Lots of people insta-kick if they hear a high pitched voice.  This is more likely still when other "red flags" appear, like picking of marksman or if you start talking rubbish.

If someone joined my squad and said "hey, I'm only a kid but I wont be annoying.  What would you like me to do?", then he's already earned more confidence from me than most older squadmembers usually do.  

You'll be fighting peoples prejudices, but its easy to put them at ease if you are mature about it.

Posted (edited)

TK-ing people out of revenge should earn you a quite lengthy ban. I if I were you I wouldn't go around shooting SL-s for kicks, or yet alone go around advertising that you do it. If you think you are entitled to be part of any squad for any reason you absolutely deserve to be kicked, and if the SL doesn't want you then he doesn't want you. Feel free to run your own squad.

The above is aimed at Sniper, not OP btw. I don't mind young people in my squads, if you are contributing to teamwork your age shouldn't matter much.

Edited by Aleon

"If you think you are entitled to be part of any squad for any reason you absolutely deserve to be kicked"

Like trump it would say .. Incorrect, you are wrong.. totally wrong. What a stupid talking.

@Super Sniper In my opinion TKing is scummy. If you have a problem with someone talk it out, be reasonable, hear there side of the story. Or, just join a different squad and move on, in the end your just hampering the progress of a victory.  Squad is a team game, your supposed to communicate.

I think it is just individual and not much to do with age. 

I have played various games with 20 year olds who act like 14 year olds and vice versa. So it depends on the individual. 

Was squad leading last Friday on the TLR server (was a great game and I had a great group of squadmates) and we had a younger guy in the squad. He was excellent, really understood the game and was good at calling out targets quickly and concisely. I will be honest, I heard his younger (read squeakier) voice and metaphorically rolled my eyes, but i was wrong in my assumption. 

I find some people just get the game and others do not, irrelevant of age. 

How me and my group of guys run is really as long as you can be mature (even though we are probably more immature then most 12 year olds :D) listen to orders from SL and be open to feedback weather its good or bad we are not here to put each other down, but to have a good time and help each other improve!

@Super Sniper

Dude, squadleaders don't learn anything from your behavior, the opposite is happening, when you tk them after being kicked, they will feel even better that they kicked you because now they know that you are a scummy tk'er. The sl chooses who is in his squad and who not, it might be hard sometimes to get kicked for whatever reason (maybe it doesnt make sense for you), just move on, step up and make your own squad, or if you aren't capable of leading, join another squad. Teamkilling will get you banned sooner or later and it's just disrupting the gameplay and eventually hindering the whole squad.