JD85

Worth upgrading graphics card or look at a new build?

13 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

What BIOS settings do you use for 4.5GHz stable for your 3770k? CPU Voltage? Load line calibration? CPU current capability? Etc.

I am running a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with F14 bios. The only thing I had to mess with to overclock was my CPU clock ratio to x45 and memory to XMP profile1. Everything else is set to auto, including power settings. CPU-Z shows my CPU core voltage going to 1.404v when stressed. Easiest overclock I have ever done. During stress testing my CPU gets to 77-78 degC with a Corsair H100 in a Corsair Graphite 600T case.

2 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

I am running a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with F14 bios. The only thing I had to mess with to overclock was my CPU clock ratio to x45 and memory to XMP profile1. Everything else is set to auto, including power settings. CPU-Z shows my CPU core voltage going to 1.404v when stressed. Easiest overclock I have ever done. During stress testing my CPU gets to 77-78 degC with a Corsair H100 in a Corsair Graphite 600T case.

Lucky you. Though voltage seems a bit extreme. Anyway mine starts giving me troubles on auto when I go to 44 already. So not sure what to set to go to 45 really. What I tried didn't help much.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

10 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Lucky you. Though voltage seems a bit extreme. Anyway mine starts giving me troubles on auto when I go to 44 already. So not sure what to set to go to 45 really. What I tried didn't help much.

I could try to drop it manually to 1.30-1.35v but as my temps are not high I am not worried by 1.404v. My guess is I got lucky with a cpu that likes to overclock. That 77-78 degC is during stress testing. When gaming it rarely gets to 75 degC.