40mmrain

It's time for the vehicle claim free-for-all to come to an end

17 minutes ago, WarEagle751 said:

I'm pretty sure they said in the past that the crewman kit will be implemented once they get tanks in. Right now theirs really no need for it yet. ;)

Not true because now you've got servers making rules saying you've got to have a minimum 3 people in your APC squad which makes no sense at all because there is no duty for that 3rd person except to look out the window.

45 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Not true because now you've got servers making rules saying you've got to have a minimum 3 people in your APC squad which makes no sense at all because there is no duty for that 3rd person except to look out the window.

Which servers are we talking about here?

It might be a way of getting players to try out having multiple vehicles per APC squad instead of just one. You know, pushing towards the PR's state of things where all vehicles of similar type belonged into one squad instead of several? I personally haven't noticed any of the servers requesting a minimum of 3 people in asset squads.

12 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

It might be a way of getting players to try out having multiple vehicles per APC squad instead of just one. You know, pushing towards the PR's state of things where all vehicles of similar type belonged into one squad instead of several? I personally haven't noticed any of the servers requesting a minimum of 3 people in asset squads.

I don't think I've run into it either; but I will say 3 is an odd number, unless claiming changed again. Meaning, those 3 people will still be stuck with a single vehicle according to the current claiming rules. 

Isn't it (the claiming rules) still 2 people for a single vehicle, 4 for 2, 6 for 3 (or something like that)?

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

8 minutes ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

I don't think I've run into it either; but I will say 3 is an odd number, unless claiming changed again. Meaning, those 3 people will still be stuck with a single vehicle according to the current claiming rules. 

Isn't it (the claiming rules) still 2 people for a single vehicle, 4 for 2, 6 for 3 (or something like that)?

Yes, but if you force 3 people into a vehicle squad as a minimum, then you're basically telling people to grab more than one vehicle or have a useless guy dragging along. It's very odd, I agree, that's why I wanted to know which servers actually have this rule.

22 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

The PR state of things is a bad state of things that is forced by the squad limit. Separate squads for individual assets is a far better option. It gives both the crew and other squads direct access to comms with them, allowing for fast intel sharing. If you have a squad with multiple assets, those assets are slaved to that squad's squad leader, he has to relay inter-squad comms to and from those other assets, and the added comms chatter will often interfere with the individual asset crews' ability to communicate with each other effectively.

With separate squads, assets can quickly shift roles depending on the team's needs. If you need to go from a fire support role to a transport role, you can directly coordinate with the squad requiring transport while en route, being notified of dangers, pickup zones, etc. If you have multiple assets in the same squad and your SL sends you to pick up another squad, all of that information would have to go through your SL, which would result in spotty communication.

Ever called for a lift in game only to see them drive off in the other direction or strait past you, leaving a very long walk. So a group of players get full control leaving everyone else playing walking sim 2017. 

12 minutes ago, UnderFire said:

Ever called for a lift in game only to see them drive off in the other direction or strait past you, leaving a very long walk. So a group of players get full control leaving everyone else playing walking sim 2017. 

There are generally enough vehicles on all the maps that this is rarely a problem, and it's more so a problem with the player base than with the game.

A crewman kit isn't going to change the fact that some players are still going to drive right by you.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Dani   

I think all of this issue, could be solved JUST by adding specific crewman kits. Seen in PR, worked well

40mmrain   
33 minutes ago, Dani said:

I think all of this issue, could be solved JUST by adding specific crewman kits. Seen in PR, worked well

I'm not so sure about that. While I do agree a crewman should be in the game, what kept asset squads together were the server rules that admins enforced. If you took an asset that was reserved by a squad as the server rules dictated, you were kicked or banned. The crewmen/pilot kits had a less potent effect on people's behavior. Of course admins could enforce this rule in Squad, but I think it would improve the game if it was just coded into it, and not a choice in the vanilla unmodded game.

Edited by 40mmrain