Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys so I stumbled across this game on steam and it looks like everything I want in a game

 

I play on a laptop 2.8ghz 8mb ram, 2gig 940mx nvidia

 

i just want to know how it runs for other laptop users?

 

 I don't mind running with low/med gfx if the gameplay is good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i play on lenovo y50-70 gtx960m 16gb ram and i7, so on the map with  forest fps can be dropped up to 20 aprox, and its absolutely  not comfortable, also when i use optic on vehicles fps way less and optics on regular gun as AK also make fps droped mostly on forest maps. And city map are pretty good. 1920x1800 resolution (smtn like that) and FXAA, shadows medium, explosions are high, visible distance high and all that things beneath are off. As i said on forest maps i have about 30% less fps..... Hope they'll fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be fine; I play on an MSI GS60 Ghost - i7 4710 2.5Ghz - GTX 860m - 12gb DDR 3 - 128Gb SSD m2 which game is installed on.

 

The weakest link in my system is the GPU - the 860m.  I play with everything on low at 1080p at 120hz (Monitor, keyboard, mouse) and I get 30-40fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Converge said:

You should be fine; I play on an MSI GS60 Ghost - i7 4710 2.5Ghz - GTX 860m - 12gb DDR 3 - 128Gb SSD m2 which game is installed on.

 

The weakest link in my system is the GPU - the 860m.  I play with everything on low at 1080p at 120hz (Monitor, keyboard, mouse) and I get 30-40fps.

Thanks bud I'm gonna buy it and play less than 2 hours, so if it's unplayable I'll get a refund 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 5:07 AM, barnett71 said:

Thanks bud I'm gonna buy it and play less than 2 hours, so if it's unplayable I'll get a refund 

 

Cool, let us know how it runs for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2017 at 0:13 AM, Converge said:

You should be fine; I play on an MSI GS60 Ghost - i7 4710 2.5Ghz - GTX 860m - 12gb DDR 3 - 128Gb SSD m2 which game is installed on.

 

The weakest link in my system is the GPU - the 860m.  I play with everything on low at 1080p at 120hz (Monitor, keyboard, mouse) and I get 30-40fps.

You may find it's actually your CPU holding the FPS back mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SHO-SHIN said:

You may find it's actually your CPU holding the FPS back mate. 

 

It's a 4th generation Intel Core i7 Quad Core .....  Definitely not the CPU that's holding it back.  Not sure why you would think that.  The GTX 860m is starting to lack.

Edited by Converge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-03 at 0:18 AM, barnett71 said:

Hey guys so I stumbled across this game on steam and it looks like everything I want in a game

 

I play on a laptop 2.8ghz 8mb ram, 2gig 940mx nvidia

 

i just want to know how it runs for other laptop users?

 

 I don't mind running with low/med gfx if the gameplay is good 

8mb of ram - how does that work for you? ;-)

 

How can you even game on a laptop at all. Must be horrible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with all settings on low I get average of 28fps sometimes goes up to 35

 

i noticed a few performance tweaks on other threads which I've not tried yet but will after the weekend. 

 

Not gonna lie im a total noob and joined a game the other day and had no idea what I was doing so backed out, will check some beginners vids on yourbe

 

fingees crossed this gets better optimisation in future patches. I have hope as battleground unknown at first ran at about 17fps when I first got it, a few months later I'm getting 40-50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Converge said:

 

It's a 4th generation Intel Core i7 Quad Core .....  Definitely not the CPU that's holding it back.  Not sure why you would think that.  The GTX 860m is starting to lack.

I mentioned it as it is a known and tested fact that Squad is highley dependant re FPS performance on your CPU. (type and speed)

You have a decent CPU that turbos to 3.5Ghz, but that is still likely to be your limiting factor. (in Squad).

Of course you would need to play at adjusted settings for the GPU to cope either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I mentioned it as it is a known and tested fact that Squad is highley dependant re FPS performance on your CPU. (type and speed)

You have a decent CPU that turbos to 3.5Ghz, but that is still likely to be your limiting factor. (in Squad).

Of course you would need to play at adjusted settings for the GPU to cope either way.

 

I'd have to disagree, but yes I know it is CPU heavy.

 

Either way, I'll be building a proper desktop in the near future and I really cant wait to be able to play at higher settings.  I forget how beautiful Squad can look sometimes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Converge said:

 

I'd have to disagree, but yes I know it is CPU heavy.

 

Either way, I'll be building a proper desktop in the near future and I really cant wait to be able to play at higher settings.  I forget how beautiful Squad can look sometimes!

No worries disagree away! Be interesting to see what others think.

I don't have much experience with systems like this i'm afraid.  

Several months back I used a ROG 17'' model laptop, i7 4700HQ (turbo'ed to 3.4Ghz), GTX 780m (4GB VRAM), 32GB RAM, SSD etc and that pushed around 45fps (but that was a couple of releases back).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is pretty demanding in terms of both your CPU and GPU but mostly GPU. Your system is not quite up to snuff to run this game smoothly however. You CAN play, but you will experience consistent FPS drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×