Frazz

A lil disturbed with some "Expert" players.

TL:DR, some clan members/SL's are A-hats wahhhh.

Hi all,

Lovin Squad, Thanks to the Dev team....,what PR oughto have been? idk but its with a lil sadness i write this if you all care or not.

Ive been around online gaming since 1998 or so, ive seen a lot of games and communities come and go from unreal to bf2/PR 0.09 to  present day, Im a veteran gamer (no not ex-military lol) I gotta say im a lil concerned with the attitude of some "Expert" players in public servers. Seems these so called expert players have no clue how to handle random pubbers and just expect them to be able to play squad (in their words) "How it was meant to be played".

Some ( I have to stress some as most are awesome ) are just plain asshats tbh and have NO skills in people management, I find that these people more often than not are clan based too! Ones that ought to know better. Soon as the game turns and we look like we are loosing it seems the pillock inside comes out and SL begins to take it out on their squad because somehow after 10 minutes of play they expect their squad are all experts not only in military tactics but people management. Its both cringy and darkly humorous but it doesnt make for a good game experience whatsoever. Sure its tough to get random pubbers to work together but dont have a cow when you expect it to all turn out good and it doesnt, then squad cohesion starts to rot and fall apart.  However this is the first game for a long time ive actually seen randomers pull together the best they can.

Im no snowflake i dont mind banter n a lil foul language for the lols & understand things get intense but when a clan member who is squad leading starts to rip a strip offa someone and kicks them from the squad it makes them looks like utter gits and it doesnt reflect well for the game experience either.

It just reflects their own failure to manage their squad.

Just a heads up for wannabe leaders in this game (not me lol).....There are real people at the other end of the mic, NO you are not leading an elite force into iraq, Its just a game. Its not about how loud you can spew your vitriol to make yourself sound more authoritarian, This is NOT a real military training camp, you are NOT entitled to shame people publically because you lost your precious virtual FOB. If your not in the same grid as the rest of your squad then i think you oughta be looking at your organisational skills not make it an excuse to scream profanities over the mic. You want that level of play? stick to clan matches and stay off public servers.

That said my overall experience of Squad (even though its in alpha) has been wonderful may there be many more good SL's and many more good matches win or loose its an awesome game and really makes a damn good go of bringing random people together to work as a team. Great Work Devs!!!!. & Kudos to those squad leaders who rock, ive had many a great match with random people.

If you managed to read all of this then id be happy to be your squaddie n watch your virtual back :)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I know the pain you feel, but that is just bad luck sometimes. Every online game has nice and "not so nice" player´s, be it public or clan. I also played a lot of PR in my days (only started way later then you though, with 0.85) and I had the same people you described in Squad and PR. (People are a lot matured in both games though rather then the online FPS norm I would say)

I myself also still play a lot of CS:GO (I know shame on me) and I never understood why people flame/insult so much, playing with people and being nice automatically makes for better team performance.

If I find myself in a Squad with bad mojo I just leave because I really hate it when people just flame and blame other´s all the time.

Just find a new squad and move on or make one yourself I would say :P

Posted (edited)

Heh yeh "Make one myself"... hrm i know my limits im no leader but happy to work as a team & yes i usually jus move squad n carry on.

Someone with not so thicker skin may find some SL's behaviour down right insulting and i cant say i blame them either the way some carry on. Been able to swear and insult louder than anyone else isnt really a good SL trait if you ask me not conducive to good teamwork at all.

Yeh i was a huge bf2 fan back in the day so as a result i understand that random public servers can be an utter clusterF* but honestly? Squad is the first game i have ever seen that actually half works in getting a team of randomers to work together, maybe its the game design? maybe it just attracts those kinds of people who are tired of the random madness IDK. Works well so far though.

As for CS:GO... well we all have our cross to bear heh....I played EVE for a year.

Edited by Frazz

OP it's just online gaming but you make some solid points.

There is a way to help this, play with friends, play an established community server regularly and get known or hook up with a clan.

This way you will have a much better Squad experience, more often.

TY SHO-SHIN yeh i understand thats online play to an extent and i accept that, but i alas i have no friends and as for making my own squad, my wife says im crap at making command decisions & Im inclined believe her hahahaha.
Ive done my time with clans tbh, So as a result ive resigned myself to chaotic play most of the time, probably 1 round in 5 im in with a good squad and leader & it makes those other 4 times seem silly. If I get one good round per evening im a happy bunny.

I gotta say though Devs..... so much thanks for the medic class.

I think I've played with you before Frazz? You're welcome in the British Tea Party any time B|

5 minutes ago, Loxy.357 said:

I think I've played with you before Frazz? You're welcome in the British Tea Party any time B|

Yeh i think i recog the name....I ALWAYS play medic if possible & Thanks much appreciated for the offer.

56 minutes ago, Frazz said:

TY SHO-SHIN yeh i understand thats online play to an extent and i accept that, but i alas i have no friends and as for making my own squad, my wife says im crap at making command decisions & Im inclined believe her hahahaha.
Ive done my time with clans tbh, So as a result ive resigned myself to chaotic play most of the time, probably 1 round in 5 im in with a good squad and leader & it makes those other 4 times seem silly. If I get one good round per evening im a happy bunny.

I gotta say though Devs..... so much thanks for the medic class.

Ah man, i'll be your special friend..............

I guess you need to just play established community servers then and get to know a bunch of people.

3 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Ah man, i'll be your special friend..............

I guess you need to just play established community servers then and get to know a bunch of people.

Only 133hrs into  Squad so far... i guess you could be right.

Hey leave my English Tea out of it. :)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Frazz said:

Only 133hrs into  Squad so far... i guess you could be right.

100% sure i played with you too and you were a medic and i was an SL that's why i remembered you.

You should be lucky, squad is the best maybe the only game where you can have fun with no ranking system and you are able to play with people who are mature and grown up unlike what you can find in other online games....

That feeling when you win by 50 tickets and you're like: "i"m gonna add everyone on steam" 

The community is amazing,but you always encounter some people who spent more than 800 hours and think they have the right to scream like a bi**h on squad channel and blame their mates for loosing.Deal with it ! It only comes once in 10 games.

Edited by Mister Skippy

1 minute ago, Mister Skippy said:

100% sure i played with you too and you were a medic and i was an SL that's why i remembered you.

You should be lucky, squad is the best maybe the only game where you can have fun with no ranking system and you are able to play with people who are more mature than any other online game.

That feeling when you win by 50 tickets and you're like: "i"m gonna add everyone on steam" 

The community is amazing,but you always encounter some people who spent more than 800 hours and think they have the right to scream like a bi**h on squad channel and blame their mates for loosing.Deal with it ! It only comes once in 10 games

Yeh i remember you :D

Yes also on the without ranking system 100% agree with you.... I really hope ( in its present form in other games) that it doesnt make it into squad, for padding reasons stats/ranks etc really do mess up team play a lot of the time. From my limited time & experience in Squad it seems i maybe picking the wrong squads as it happens to me 2 out of 5 rounds. One in 5 rounds are epic for me the others a lil meh but fun none the less. but agreed it doesnt happen that often that it ruins the game for me, i just move onto another squad.

Just Irks me that some people feel the need to try humiliate people for not doing what theyre told etc, there really is no need for it imo.

OP you should just thank the FPS gods that Squad is pretty much a Squeaker free zone is all I can say...

It happens for sure, I don't feel compelled to stick out a round with a SL providing a bad experience anymore, I'll just leave. It's a game, it's about having fun, don't waste your time on idiots when there are so many good people to play with. 

Just now, Zylfrax791 said:

OP you should just thank the FPS gods that Squad is pretty much a Squeaker free zone is all I can say...

Some squeakers are more mature than other SLs is all I can say lol

Heh, it's not a solution, but it always makes me feel better to know that I can log off; they still have to live with themselves with the game is over.

It's worth calling out and thanking everyone that stays calm and collected with folks like that. Heh, when you're stomping their FOB, actions *definitely* speak louder than words. Props to the good SLs out there!

I still play random servers, with random Squads now and again and when things arn't going so well with the SL or Squad I just focus on my individual game, or rage quit for 2.5mins and find another server..................works for me.

All I require is the real basics from a SL'er and Squad but I do not SL myself so am mindful of that.

I don't think anyone should be screaming obscenities at people or getting overly angry, but I believe expecting "that level of play" even in a pub match is perfectly fine, and I have nothing against people being kicked from the squad for not being able to live up to the expectations of the SL. I've been kicked from squads when I first started playing Project Reality when I wasn't as good a player, and I don't hold it against them.

Sadly, it's a generational thing. It seems that every generation is less respectful and has less tact and maturity than the generation that gave birth to it. There are exceptions, of course. The children are so quick to spew hatred and are so intolerant (even those who preach tolerance of their views to others)... And so many "adults" are still children! 

On 8/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Are you sure? because i remember this game having all kinds of squeakers, oh wait Teens and 20 year olds on a beer-dope fest going off in chat screaming. Ill have to check the population, and play a few rounds again. We begged for Ignore features over mics before this is why i am rather interested in  your remarks.

OP, its been that way since day 1, you find the good and the bad ones and do your best to work with a SL. I think some of the good or better SL have put the game down, only so many hrs you can play a game.

The biggest issues when it hit Steam .... oh half the old timers remember those weeks..

Otherwise i hope FOV is better, i may have to try the game again.

6 hours ago, Eclipse4349 said:

Sadly, it's a generational thing. It seems that every generation is less respectful and has less tact and maturity than the generation that gave birth to it. There are exceptions, of course. The children are so quick to spew hatred and are so intolerant (even those who preach tolerance of their views to others)... And so many "adults" are still children! 

More Americans in their 20's & 30's are still living at home with their parents than ever before. Most of them play probably play CS:GO and Dota 2 though...

Squeaker free zone my ass.  I had a 7 year old in my squad the other day asking to use the mortar... 

Good post OP and I agree there are some super *** heads in the community but they are to be laughed at really.  Taking it way too serious.  

Welcome to Squad man I hope you experience some better games.  It's like any community.  Some times I get in a team in Rainbow Six and its absolute cancer.  Same thing in squad you get the occasional too serious bro who's trying to win a virtual medal of honor.  

I think we have had an influx of players that are unable to understand team work or how to SL... I was about to post a bit of a salty post raising the question that right now Squad is for me at its lowest ebb in terms of the new players that have come in and how they interact in the community or in game..   there are some servers that the admins are not very active and do not enforce SLc ommunication .. or some other aspects of the game.. and it completely screws up the whole game.. as a few guys have said we have never really recovered from the summer sale...don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to play the game how they wish, they paid for it, but when its a team game and you are new.. don't take an SL role or don't come into a squad and expect to  screw about or not listen then get completely tk happy because you are kicked... anyone off my chest now.. see you on the battlefield.