RaTzo

WTF with the cheating over?

Can't honestly say I've seen much in the way oif obvious cheating; a handful of possible instances and maybe one or two blatant ones much earlier on in development.

had some suspicious play last night where a single guy ran straight to me twice, the problem was I was in a non contested area on the other side of the map, this was not a guy trying to flank, he was lone wolfing.  

Just felt like a very big coincidence, I get it when two squads run into one another trying to out flank, but why player running away from objective flags on in non contested area it raises alarm bells...

Never really had that happen in the long time ive been playing. 

mind you he may have been saying same thing about me!

Edited by embecmom

Hmm. I know what you mean. I have ran into randoms a looong way from anywhere before, though. Some just think they are Rambo occasionally and wander to pick up some unsuspecting kills or whatever. Who knows, though.

Lately I´ve realized what people meant by having graphics settings fixed.

I was tweeking my graphics setting to work around blurry TAA (PLEASE DEVS GIVE US A BETTER AA) and I switched "Grass" settings to mínimum (i dont really remember the name of the setting...

And WTF....no Grass...no bushes...Little shadows. It was so easy to spot enemies!!!!!....

Then it all came together. The number of times I was shot when I thought i hadnt revealed my position in the middle of a field with bushes and high Grass. Suddenly I got it. IT must have been somebody using really low settings that can easily spot people!!!

That changed my point of view. I used to think that people with lower end computers had the right to play the game just fine. Now I think that there´s a mínimum setting that should be applied in order to guarantee fair gamplay (withouth leaving people out of the game due to a por graphic card if possible)

I think the AA issue is engine specific and that they are well aware and trying to improve it. It certainly has got better over the years. I didn't know you could still essentially remove the grass, though, if that's the case!

yeah settings disparity seems to be a bigger problem than cheats these days. ofc the cheat scene is active in regards to EAC but it seems somewhat quiet for now at least.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, RaTzo said:

I hate to be a crybaby but wtf? I'm getting shot by small arms through walls constantly, effective fire through smoke, people seeing me INSTANTLY when I come out of cover... gettting effing tired of it. 

What is going on OWI?

1) First of all you do realize in this game you can be killed through the walls? The damage is drastically lowered, but Squad at least tries to lean towards realistic ballistics a bit more and you can kill someone hiding behind obstacles, such as thin walls. Some of them are unrealistic though like RPG 7 and 25mm HE rounds, not being able to penetrate fences, but otherwise even small arms can do the damage through the walls in this game.

2) What do you expect when you throw smoke grenade and someone starts cheesing at you through the smoke? -That's pretty common tactic. I usually cheese the bushes, wooden and appartment buildings, through the smoke, especially when the medics throw those smoke grenades and run to pick up their downed teammates (just line up your rifle where the last you remembered their body and take sporadic shots. - Guaranteed to kill someone who is being revived). It takes about full magazine, but if you suspect someone hiding behind a corner of the window, you can usually take them down.

3) It would be nice to see the video if you caught someone cheating. I understand the complaints, but at times you also realize there are mechanics in the game that can look like cheating like your complaint "WTF GOT SHOT THROUGH THE WALL!" unless it was one of those thick brick walls that only 30mm cannon can go through , or you threw a smoke grenade and someone saw you running into it. - The last I checked smoke does not make good physical barriers against bullets. Cover and Concealment are two different things even though Cover can be Concealment.

Edited by Caliell

On 8/1/2017 at 12:57 PM, runningDuck said:

Hahaha hell yeah i just yesturday shot a guy sticking out of the house the same way right in the face ;-).

But with the smoke i agree and in the thick bushes hell yeah they and thear low settings able to see you thu smoke and in thick bushes .

On 26/09/2018 at 12:06 PM, Bahrein said:

Hahaha hell yeah i just yesturday shot a guy sticking out of the house the same way right in the face ;-).

But with the smoke i agree and in the thick bushes hell yeah they and thear low settings able to see you thu smoke and in thick bushes .

i read something regarding pubg and smoke... apparently they render smoke client side not on the server and it meant that the person using smoke was seeing a different animation to those it was used against... i.e didnt see smoke sometimes.  

7 hours ago, embecmom said:

i read something regarding pubg and smoke... apparently they render smoke client side not on the server and it meant that the person using smoke was seeing a different animation to those it was used against... i.e didnt see smoke sometimes.  

In UE4 depending on your location in relationship to the directional light source particle effects can actually enhance a players view of another player not decrease it.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, suds said:
  1. Bullets can go through some walls. Unfortunately so can your body if you are too close. You can't tell what killed you all the time, it might have been a bigger bullet than you think.
  2. Just because you had ducked behind a wall on your screen does not mean that the server agrees with you. You may have been fully in the path of the bullet according to the server and perhaps the person who fired it. Latency is not something that can be avoided, some games hide it, some players deal with it. Learn what "Ping" means to gamers and find a server closer to you. Duck sooner.
  3. Smoke is not bullet proof. I often shoot a couple of clips into smoke.
  4. I have not noticed any evidence of hackers on servers I play on regularly. Find a better server.

The server doesn't decide as such, its client based.