RaTzo

WTF with the cheating over?

I hate to be a crybaby but wtf? I'm getting shot by small arms through walls constantly, effective fire through smoke, people seeing me INSTANTLY when I come out of cover... gettting effing tired of it. 

What is going on OWI?

Your body parts can clip through walls and be shot when you are to close to them, smoke-clouds look different for every client and there are some good shots with great reflexes out there.

I don't think that this game has alot of hackers

I have seen some suspiciously perfect sniper fire recently. But yes, it's rare, I don't think hacking is a big issue, and I'm not even sure it exists at all.

5 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

I have seen some suspiciously perfect sniper fire recently. But yes, it's rare, I don't think hacking is a big issue, and I'm not even sure it exists at all.

You would have to be naive to think this game, or any game online is cheat free.

There are videos of people using hacks in the game from just a couple of months ago. I haven't been able to find newer videos than that, but I'm sure that it's not always just your imagination. If you want a link to the video, feel free to PM me as we don't post that kind of trash here. 

Hopefully the squad devs are constantly buying whatever latest versions of hacks they can find and working with EAC devs to improve detection. It's a cat and mouse game, but unavoidable to keep a clean environment. 

I encountered some hackers since early pre alpha, but only 2 or 3 total.

I don't think that this game has a very good anti-cheat system, it just seems to be unatractive for hackers (relativly high price, no rewards or achivements, active admins and community)

On 8/1/2017 at 2:16 AM, Frinz said:

I encountered some hackers since early pre alpha, but only 2 or 3 total.

I don't think that this game has a very good anti-cheat system, it just seems to be unatractive for hackers (relativly high price, no rewards or achivements, active admins and community)

I used to be for a rewards or progression system until recently and this is another excellent point I didn't think of.

1. Bullets can go through some walls. Unfortunately so can your body if you are too close. You can't tell what killed you all the time, it might have been a bigger bullet than you think.
  2. Just because you had ducked behind a wall on your screen does not mean that the server agrees with you. You may have been fully in the path of the bullet according to the server and perhaps the person who fired it. Latency is not something that can be avoided, some games hide it, some players deal with it. Learn what "Ping" means to gamers and find a server closer to you. Duck sooner.
  3. Smoke is not bullet proof. I often shoot a couple of clips into smoke.
  4. I have not noticed any evidence of hackers on servers I play on regularly. Find a better server.

Being prone in the corner of a building usually makes you clip through the other side as others have said. You can be shot through walls quite regularly that way.
It can be easy to kill people in smoke depending on the situation. If you see an enemy run into smoke you can still judge where the are and shoot them. If you down somebody from distance and keep your scope on the same spot and smoke is popped, there's nothing stopping you taking a few pot shots to try and take out the medic most likely reviving there.

As for being shot instantly around corners or as soon as you leave cover- this is most likely down to somebody knowing you are there either through game sense, sound or communication rather than cheats. 

Try being a medic and following a player who is usually getting a high KDR on a small map. See how they go about their business and if you can learn a thing or two. Or just bait your squad members. Let them leave cover first and get shot at, then take the trade kill :)

\Salute

I encountered a hacker last week who was able to move and shoot through the surface of the map. He sat under an enemy radio in a compound that had been cleared and wiped everyone who came in to shovel. There was other weirdness too along those same lines. He was the first legit hacker I've seen in a good long while, since the UGL hacking days I think. The admins weren't able to pick him up in the end. 

It's possible the guy just fell through the map. Happened to me a number of times. I've never shot anyone like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible.

36 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I encountered a hacker last week who was able to move and shoot through the surface of the map. He sat under an enemy radio in a compound that had been cleared and wiped everyone who came in to shovel. There was other weirdness too along those same lines. He was the first legit hacker I've seen in a good long while, since the UGL hacking days I think. The admins weren't able to pick him up in the end. 

There was an issue like this in CCFN not long ago. The guy had a video of the whole thing. Everyone else saw him sitting under the map shooting at people. However, in his video he was above ground by his perspective. Potentially a replication issue. So that doesn't confirm that he was using a cheating tool. 

And to be fair, we are seeing far fewer people using these tools than ever before. EAC is working. Is EAC perfect? There is no such when it comes to people scripting tools to enhance game play in a specific manner. But they are doing a pretty good job from the things we see on our end.

18 hours ago, RaTzo said:

I hate to be a crybaby but wtf? I'm getting shot by small arms through walls constantly, effective fire through smoke, people seeing me INSTANTLY when I come out of cover... gettting effing tired of it. 

What is going on OWI?

1800+ hours and I've never seen or experienced anything like what you're describing. Odd...

Weird i read this thread earlier. Stopped by to post while in game. Confirmed hacker just now. *Edited*. Will send his profile to devs.

Edited by _randombullet

Just now, _randombullet said:

Will do. I took out the details in this post, but will send our info over via the link. Thanks

Thank you.

It's a non issue in Squad.  Nothing to be worried about.  Sometimes you just get unlucky and other people get lucky.  Fire suppression towards smoke happens.  Also if people are perfectly still over looking some part of the map it's pretty easy to spot something that moves as there isn't really any other movement aside from players and vehicles at this point.  No dense forests with trees and bushes moving in the wind or anything like that.

I'm glad to see that most people in this thread haven't had any issues with hackers. 

I have absolutely zero doubt that there were one or more people hacking in the games I played that night. It is very easy to get killed in Squad I was no confusing normal game mechanics or a loss of situational awareness with hacking by the opposing players. It doesn't take many hackers to ruin a game. 

On 01/08/2017 at 3:42 AM, RaTzo said:

hate to be a crybaby

u sir,

r a crybaby!

LOL get gud in'it.

But seriously I have no doubt there are hackers in Squad, they are just not able thru EAC and the community to get away with much.

Great work all let's keep these scumbags down!