Sign in to follow this  
darkstarQc

Squad on ps4/xbox

This question is address to the dev or mod of this forum. Will squad eventually be on ps4 or xbox? There is no tactical game on console and it would be a great addition to the console market to have one as good as this one. Thanks in advance for the answers.

mastah4   

There is no tactical shooters on consoles because these games wouldn't sell well, that's a completely different target market you're looking at. Is it possible? Technically yes but I'm sure there would be a lot of compromises done in comparison to the PC version e.g. the player count. Will that happen? who knows.

24 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

There is no tactical shooters on consoles because these games wouldn't sell well, that's a completely different target market you're looking at. Is it possible? Technically yes but I'm sure there would be a lot of compromises done in comparison to the PC version e.g. the player count. Will that happen? who knows.

player count could be the same no problem there. As far as being different and that it would not sell well I can assure you of the contrary, with battlefield, being the only shooter which used squad system trying so hard to copy cod, those of us ,and we are a lot, who like to play as team would go right for it and judging by the numbers of clan there is on ps4 a lots and I mean a lot of clan would jump immediately on squad and not look back on battlefield.

Edited by darkstarQc

Disco   

once upon a time, there was operation flashpoint port to consoles... so who knows, maybe it will be done here too. But I wouldn't get my hopes high on that one...

Anyway, let them make pc version first. This is EA after all, and there is still long way to go.

Converge   
4 hours ago, darkstarQc said:

player count could be the same no problem there. As far as being different and that it would not sell well I can assure you of the contrary, with battlefield, being the only shooter which used squad system trying so hard to copy cod, those of us ,and we are a lot, who like to play as team would go right for it and judging by the numbers of clan there is on ps4 a lots and I mean a lot of clan would jump immediately on squad and not look back on battlefield.

If you're serious about tactical shooters you and your friends need to buy a good PC and play them like they should be played. 

I've got no problem with consoles, I have a PS4 and a PS3 before that.  I love consoles for certain types of racing or 3rd person games (but PC can still replicate it with a game pad)

Just get a good PC and keep bugging your friends to do the same and eventually you wont have to worry about when all the cool games are coming to console or not.  Plus there is no comparison playing with a mouse and keyboard for a FPS.  You've got far more precision with your entire arm + wrist + hand + fingers combined then you do with just one thumb.  

Because honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up.  If Squad ever came to consoles you're talking about something  that would be YEARS away and I highly highly doubt it will.  Some things are better not bothered with.  There is talk about PUBG going to consoles and the devs have confirmed that but that game has sold like 7 million copies or something crazy like that....  They can do whatever they want now. 

Edited by Converge

5 hours ago, darkstarQc said:

This question is address to the dev or mod of this forum. Will squad eventually be on ps4 or xbox? There is no tactical game on console and it would be a great addition to the console market to have one as good as this one. Thanks in advance for the answers.

There still needs to be a fully functional PC game with all the stated features implemented before there is talk of doing so much as sweeping the floor.

Squad has definite potential for consoles and I think it would be a decent seller for sure.  

I can't wait for this new animation system and the weapon resting... then add helos.  This game is a 10/10

On 7/30/2017 at 6:15 AM, darkstarQc said:

They're aiming to bring the player count to 50v50, I don't know how you can say it can "be the same no problem there" when you have no experience with the development of the game and its optimization capabilities. Consoles simply would not be able to play this game with all of its content in place (helicopters, tanks, more vehicles and larger, more complex maps) without major downgrades, whether it be by adding a view distance, lowering many types of effects (imagine no dust kick up and simplified explosions) or an extreme technology upgrade to consoles.

Think bigger!  Girlfriends, marriage, kids, not consoles....Squad too big for consoles....wont work...go for this:cd4a55c07d2454df4702e5d2a031a763--comput

44 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

I wanna play Squad on my Atari 2600 and my Tiger Eletronic Wrist Game

How about on your iPhone as well?;)

Psyrus   

Once the game thread issues are sorted in squad, I see no technical reason why the latest iterations of consoles couldn't easily handle full 100 player servers. 

The main impediment would be the devs having to work around Microsoft and Sony's specific server browser complications, I would assume. 

I think you also have to pay licensing fees to use their consoles...Squad already pays Unreal Engine a percentage of sales so have to pay another chunk to Microsoft and Sony, leaving how much for Devs and covering costs to support the console port and maintenance?  May not be worth the effort on that alone.