Hi i have the squad game and a ryzen 7 processor 1700, 16gb ram 3200mhz g-skill flareX, a graphics card; Msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x gddr5 and windows 10 64bit, the problem arises when you intend to open the game with the parameter steam -dx12 or -d3d12 the game starts, but it closes as the second launcher opens, without any error or anything by The style simply comes out of the launcher or if it starts in game could you give me some help or advise me something my pc is more than fully compatible with dx12 please a solution? I also have dx12 installed

3 hours ago, mastah4 said:

Delete those parameters from Steam. UE4 as well as Squad does not support DX12 yet.

Because of the way DX12 was implemented it might never be supported in squad or UE4. There's really no good reason to rebuild a game on API that only runs on windows 10. The best solution is probably Vulkan, because of all the software/devices it can scale accoss. But it's still a while off until UE4 fully supports it. 

This video Tim Sweeney(creator of unreal) summarizes the situation with API's right now very well.

Edited by godamntwitch

2 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

I think it will never be implemented, just look how game is running and how little was done in terms of game performance.

DX12 doesn't magically make things run better. You have to rebuild your game from the ground up to utilize a new api. That's why you see very little performance benefit when games put a new api.(IE:battlefield 4 and Mantle API)

Edited by godamntwitch

While DX12 is implemented in Unreal Engine 4.16, the development seems far from finalized. Furthermore, it doesn't seem like Epic Games will be pursuing DX12 that heavily in the near future, opting for Vulkan instead (according to their roadmap).

If Squad does keep updating their engine until Vulkan or DX12 is a viable option for rendering, it should (in theory) not be harder than just choosing the API in the game engine.

All this talk is meaningless anyway, since to my knowledge it's not drawcall/render related that is causing squad's performance issues, so changing to Vulcan/DX12 will do diddly squat. 

It is worth many thanks I thought it was the only one that did not use dx12 that there is of the improvements of the smoke without going through the walls and only to be parked in a room or that between that smoke and exit by the door, it would be interesting to know if that they have applied it in the game,