Igno

SL radio in driver and/or front passenger seat

Would it be possibly to add a feature that allowed a player that sits in the driver or passenger seat of a vehicle, to get access to the all SL radio channel?

Ex 1: You are running a supply/trans squad, and have 2 additional members in your squad who drives their own vehicles. If this feature was in place, they could receive and respond to requests, without you, the SL, having to do all the communicating.

Ex 2: An apc squad is covering a group of infantry advancing on an objective. SL's of the different inf squads could then communicate directly with the apc closest to them, to get that fire support quickest.

What do you think?

dont need this. Locked squads solves the problem. IFV only squads. Dedicated logi squads. You dont need everyone in a vehicle talking on command channel. already too many SLs gets overwhelming. Locked dedicated squads. Thats the reason why they have been implemented.

Edited by madcat768

Dedicated squads was a given, but maybe my suggestion only works in a perfect world where people have some radio disiplin 

it could work in the game. adding more ppl to the SL channel but, why do u even want that? do u not like joining a dedicated vehicle squad? 

Would u just perfer only command radios in vics and no locking of squads? No reason to lock them if that happened.

This idea is perhaps only for people who absolutely do not like to SL and want to be a part of the command channel, which is not a good idea. Why would u be in the command channel if u werent in charge of something? Its like that squad of only himself trying to tell all the other SLs what to do. (Doesnt happen that often, sometimes the guy knows what hes talking about but when he has no clue its really annoying.) Keyword structure. I can understand you are annoyed that maybe alot of times your SL doesnt relay things to u if u are driving the stryker but If the tools are there and people choose not to organize themselves, the result is being unorganized. Making more people in charge and taking away tools that give further structure does not help organize anything. They dont do it they dont do it.  On Yehorivika AASv1 there are 9 vehicles on the US team. Locked squads is a tool to better organize a team, if a vehicle isnt in a dedicated squad and an SL has to relay it to his SL then to him, that is the team's fault.

In a perfect world, if everyone had good radio discipline there is still absolutely no need for 9 SLs and 9 Vehicle drivers to possess the ability to talk on the command channel of a single team. You could still do it but overall it would lead to even more disorganization.

PS: With your second example locked squads already makes that possible completely.

Right now IFVs are the tanks. Mech infantry is a squad with like humvees attached to it and IFVs should always be in a dedicated squad. When tanks are implemented IFVs can become apart of a mech inf squad not too much of a problem.

Edited by madcat768

I dont think you really understood me. 

I am talking about giving other squadleaders the ability to communicate directly with the vehicles that are supporting them.

And I never said anything about removing squad locking.

I am a true believer of dedicated squads, coming from years of playing PR.

I understand what you mean and I agree. I was in a logi and my squad got wiped out, so it would have been nice to be able to talk to squad X and say hey do you want these supplies etc. Instead of having to talk to my SL to tell him to ask Squad X then relay it back to me. Having squad coms available in vehicles seems like a good idea to me. Not every server has a dedicated logi team, and even if they do sometimes other squads need to grab a logi anyway.

I dont like to use RL as a reference, but look at it from that perspectiv. 

Most vehicles, especially support vehicles, has a radio inside.

So there is a radio in the vehicle and that radio is set to the command/SL-SL channel, and when you enter AS driver, you can listen to and respond om that channel.

It probably should not be in every vehicle, but maybe in vehicles that is supporting the team.

But I do see your point about cluttering up the comms with more people.

@madcat768

19 hours ago, Igno said:

I dont like to use RL as a reference, but look at it from that perspectiv. 

Most vehicles, especially support vehicles, has a radio inside.

So there is a radio in the vehicle and that radio is set to the command/SL-SL channel, and when you enter AS driver, you can listen to and respond om that channel.

In real military you're also extensively instructed on how to use the radio and how not to use it, as is every other soldier around you, not to mention there aren't any kids there.

At the present when a vast majority of the community still can't even properly utilize squad radio vs local comms, this is a terrible idea, guys. Being a SL is already a headache because of the cluttered comms (and a lot of people still don't use squad-to-squad comms), I just don't want even more people having access to SL channel. Maybe this could work somewhere way down the line, but I seriously doubt it.