Sign in to follow this  
-MG

Need new PC screen

banOkay   
1 hour ago, -MG said:

High-end what ?. TN ?. Also i learned that it's not that great for editing. Which i like to do from time to time. 
Not like i make high end movies but more so planning on making gameplay content in a movie way if that makes sense.

So that's where i'm stuck. What price range is considered high ?. i can afford to go 400€

Something like BenQ XL2730Z (I own this one) or Asus PG279Q. BenQ is TN, ASUS is IPS. Look at the reviews, when calibrated they have almost the same performance. Any modern display, TN or IPS will be a very noticeable upgrade from your old one. I had a similar Samsung panel and when I made the switch to a new TN everything was far superior.

SHO-SHIN   
1 hour ago, -MG said:

High-end what ?. TN ?. Also i learned that it's not that great for editing. Which i like to do from time to time. 
Not like i make high end movies but more so planning on making gameplay content in a movie way if that makes sense.

So that's where i'm stuck. What price range is considered high ?. i can afford to go 400€

Based on all this info and a budget of 400euros I would say go for a decent, low input lag, 27, 1440p IPS screen MG.

You don't need the expensive 144hz ones, as you won't push that kind of FPS in Squad as we all know.

Unfortunately I can't help with which one, I have had and have many monitors - but never an IPS screen.

-MG   
12 hours ago, banOkay said:

Something like BenQ XL2730Z (I own this one) or Asus PG279Q. BenQ is TN, ASUS is IPS. Look at the reviews, when calibrated they have almost the same performance. Any modern display, TN or IPS will be a very noticeable upgrade from your old one. I had a similar Samsung panel and when I made the switch to a new TN everything was far superior.

No way i can afford these screens anytime soon, thanks though

12 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Based on all this info and a budget of 400euros I would say go for a decent, low input lag, 27, 1440p IPS screen MG.

You don't need the expensive 144hz ones, as you won't push that kind of FPS in Squad as we all know.

Unfortunately I can't help with which one, I have had and have many monitors - but never an IPS screen.

I was thinking the same cuz i dont have many options really. But im bugged about the deciision. smoother screen or rich vibrant colors, going both will cost me close to 1k €which is a lil too much imo....

Then again i'm turned off by the idea that i'll have to sit static in 1 posture for hours at time to get a nice clear screen cuz going off angle might screw everything...

Edited by -MG

-MG   
12 hours ago, banOkay said:

Any modern display, TN or IPS will be a very noticeable upgrade from your old one.

You think ?, this one i have now apparently is an IPS with 2ms GtG. Most IPS are 5 GtG now.

SHO-SHIN   
16 hours ago, -MG said:

I found a source stating that this monitor has 49.8ms input lag.

Most gaming focused TN Panels run 10ms-20ms input lag, the difference may be noticeable it may not dependant on your level of sensitivity to such things and the rest of the rig.

Personally (keep in mind I am a lag/FPS freak) I just went from an amazing monitor with 40ms input lag to a monitor (in fairness equally amazing) with under 10ms input lag and I absolutely felt the difference and wouldn't go back.

The GTG measurements are less important, under 5ms and your golden. The big one's are the Hz you run the panel at, and input lag.

Last night I played Insurgency (not Squad) at a fixed 120fps for an hour and it was fantastic, my results certainly improved due to the new monitor.

But the effect is less so in Squad as no ones getting that sort of FPS and the game is less flinch based.

-MG   
58 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

I found a source stating that this monitor has 49.8ms input lag.

Most gaming focused TN Panels run 10ms-20ms input lag, the difference may be noticeable it may not dependant on your level of sensitivity to such things and the rest of the rig.

Personally (keep in mind I am a lag/FPS freak) I just went from an amazing monitor with 40ms input lag to a monitor (in fairness equally amazing) with under 10ms input lag and I absolutely felt the difference and wouldn't go back.

The GTG measurements are less important, under 5ms and your golden. The big one's are the Hz you run the panel at, and input lag.

Last night I played Insurgency (not Squad) at a fixed 120fps for an hour and it was fantastic, my results certainly improved due to the new monitor.

But the effect is less so in Squad as no ones getting that sort of FPS and the game is less flinch based.

Right, wel i'm not basing my buy soley on Squad tho'. Cuz it'll never make use of GPU like many other games so therefor i dont expect decent FPS rate AT ALL. 
Also how do you find back the input lag rate for a screen ?. I've been looking at 27 inchers at 1440p with minimum of HZ at 70 and the iiyamas hang around 300 when i get to 500€i get different brands and a bit beter specs.

Might sell some stuff to get a neat one then instead. Cuz when i buy stuff i usually have it tell it's end life. 

SHO-SHIN   
7 hours ago, -MG said:

Right, wel i'm not basing my buy soley on Squad tho'. Cuz it'll never make use of GPU like many other games so therefor i dont expect decent FPS rate AT ALL. 
Also how do you find back the input lag rate for a screen ?. I've been looking at 27 inchers at 1440p with minimum of HZ at 70 and the iiyamas hang around 300 when i get to 500€i get different brands and a bit beter specs.

Might sell some stuff to get a neat one then instead. Cuz when i buy stuff i usually have it tell it's end life. 

I Just type the model into search engine with 'input lag' and look at a few sources to get an idea. it's not the best method but seems good enough.

Input lag is not generally given by the manufactures, you have to search a bit.