Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Free resupply for Medic

Smee   

Suggesting free resupply for Medic, we always try and encourage having medic so can we have no cost for their kits. 

Or how about no?

I've never had trouble getting medical for my squad. No reason to undermine the entire logistical system for your convenience.

suds   

ammo crates on an unsupplied radio is a bit messy. I expect it will change dramatically. I liked your suggestion (i think it was you) of a flare to get ammo away from a radio, like a airdrop. It would give your position away but that would open up some new gameplay tactics.

It will be nice if ammo was an inventory rather than points which I believe they are working on. So the medic goes and gets bandages. The AT gets rockets, the 'nade spammer gets 'nades :) and there is a certain number of each type rather than a complete topup of everything.

I would prefer if medics used the bandage of the downed player and only used their own supply if there was no bandage.

OR

They could use the bandage of the downed player if they had none left.

why should medics get a free pass? What is even the reason? How would that make anyone want to play medic more? Unless ammo points turn into an actual inventory number of stocked grenades, bullets and bandages this should never change

Never had troubles resupplying as medic and I play medic 75% of the time.

And don't see any reason why medic should get a free pass for this o.O as medic bags and bandages are stuff just like ammo, rockets, sandbags and so on... they dont grow on trees xD

Dont take it the wrong way mate ;)

Edited by Nightstalker21

Smee   

To encourage revives, the present system rewards you to give in. Less and less reason to bother getting revived. Having  no bandages is another I'm hearing a lot more with squads I'm  running.   Yeah I know I can dump a fob. 

At worst would like patches for nothing.

2 hours ago, Smee said:

To encourage revives, the present system rewards you to give in. Less and less reason to bother getting revived. Having  no bandages is another I'm hearing a lot more with squads I'm  running.   Yeah I know I can dump a fob. 

At worst would like patches for nothing.

What are u saying? This does not make sense

MEDIC and/or people around medics will most likely always have a bandage. Everyone knows that. Your suggestion will not help people decide to give up less in general. Nerf rallies, increase spawn timers on HAB and you will have more people not giving up. right now player death has very little consequence. extra bandages wont do anything. Long ranged engagements dont do that much either. Right now u can be a marksman and kill a single whole squad in a house across a field over and over and over again for the entire game. That squad will be able to stay in that postion til the end of the game. Why shoot at them if you can not eliminate the enemy threat unless u actually move right next to the house. A GAME WORLD WHERE PLAYER ACTION EFFECTS THE WORLD MORE IS A GAME WORLD MORE WORTH WHILE PLAYING INSIDE OF. There is no reason for why rallies should not be nerfed. No risk for the squad in the house and no reward for the marksman. The game is more dull. I wish they would just nerf them already and bring it back to what it was in PR.

Edited by madcat768

LugNut   

I'd support being able to use a downed players bandages instead. I know the medic bag is magic and never runs out, but I think finite supplies should be a thing, be they bandages or rockets. 

Loxy.357   

What about looting. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to pick up kit from downed allies. Or would this detract from FOB mechanics too much?

Perhaps if it was only a minimal amount you could pick up. A loot wheel may work: Chose 1 nade, clip,  bandage, rocket, perhaps.

@Loxy.357 thats cool but then ammo points as a whole would have to be swapped out for real inventory of finite grenades, rpgs, bandages and everything game wide. Fine with me, make logi runs more to think about. "we need grenade crates" or "just bring mortar rounds no build points" and have to place the individual mgs on the trucks too.