Sign in to follow this  
reyn

AK Issues

reyn   

The AK is very unwieldy, and given that the base units don't have anything but the iron sights, it should be given more power (1 hit kills [to center mass]).

Or, add red-dot sights to the AK.

Either way, it's grossly under powered compared to the M4 variants.

1 hit kill? I shouldnt have to say that is wayyyy too powerful makes me think u may be trolling. Americans and russians have body armor too. So if anyone dies in one hit center mass it should be insurgents and militia anyways. 

Alot of people say that the ak is not as good. I think its just fine. And its incredibly underpowered,. How so?

1)I am pretty sure it takes more to kill with an m4? Which is odd considering that the other faction sometimes doesnt have body armor?

2)The ak handles better on full auto (currently). BTW the m4 has terrible recoil and i have heard it is unrealistic. Its like an uzi or something without the firerate.

Personally i can tell the ak on auto is easier to control but i really cant tell beyond that how much better or worse the ak is. There is not a very big gap there warranting the phrase "grossly under powered..". If there was a gun on US which had iron sights but had less recoil on auto than the m4, id choose that one every time. The M203 launcher is much better than the ak grenade launcher attachment i will give u that, no indicators at all.

ironsights = reddots in everything but seeing bullet drop more clearly. That is not alottttt of superiority in distance shooting. And in close quarters ironsights is better. Takes up less of the screen.

Why does everyone think the ak is so terrible? I think the keyword is feels more terrible. Yeah i think the ak looks much worse than any m4 and m16 but that is a complaint to whoever designed the thing. 

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by madcat768

AK is the most powerful weapon in the game for combat besides the SAW imo. It is very good with full auto, whereas the m4 jumps around much more rapidly, and it takes 1-2 less hits to kill an enemy.  I use full auto with the AK all the time and it destroys.

CptDirty   

In my experience, the AK wins vs the M4 1v1 CQB. For medium-long range put it on single and make your shots count, see how fast they drop!