Deckard Cain

Logi quality of life quick change

I don't know if this has been suggested before but why not have a visual queue inside the truck linked with the stuff in the back so you don't need to switch seats or jump out to check you have supplies? Something like this:

xVoGw0Z.jpg

Agreed. Even on the bottom right gui add an indicator for empty/full.

nah. The less ui the better. However i think being a logi driver could be far more interesting. Such as actually loading supplies on, u will certainly know they are there. Like u can take just ammo resupply crates (ideally they would be a finite of ammo in each), just 2 or 3 mgs, or 2 mortars and their ammo. All from a warehouse at main, press f to pick the stuff up. Claiming 1 logi requires 2 squad members, 2 logis for 4 members. Those other members that are not driving could just be there to help unload and load supplies. As possibly moving things would take a little while with just one person or heavier items would even require 2 people to lift. Something to do in an actual logi squad besides go lone wolfing or grouping up with another squad.

"well then you can have nearly an infinite amount of grenades and rpg rounds anyways if u just keep bringing more supply crates!"

-But it will take space and time. And you will have boxes upon boxes of explosive munitions sitting around your base.

"can u just keep bringing mgs?! Thats too much!"

-No, not even the number u can put down gets manned right now anyways, it should be restricted at the main warehouse. Those are your team's supplies and should be distributed wisely. And if enemies can take control of your turrets, building too many would be a liability anyways. Those mgs could also be damaged and not be moved to another FOB. Hello realism, it all works out. In irl u should be able to reposition those mini american tripod mgs too, as the coverage on them is terrible. (learned this in another forum)

"Can u just keep delivering mortars and just mortar ammo to a single FOB?!"

-Why not, u are limited by the warehouse. Having 2 or 3 full mortar teams on any one side will hurt that team. It works out. 

Or someone would have to wait to offload it once it got there.

But either way maybe have some of the supplies view-able when looking at one of the mirrors?

Edited by madcat768

Just now, madcat768 said:

nah. The less ui the better. However i think being a logi driver could be far more interesting. Such as actually loading supplies on, u will certainly know they are there. Like u can take just ammo resupply crates, just 2 or 3 mgs, 2 mortars and their ammo. And u have to offload it too. Or someone would have to wait to offload it once it got there. 

ya, i have to say that would be great, actually getting the logi driver involved, it would also cut down on the insta super fobs and crazy rushes that rely on the insta loading and unloading of just 1 logi.

I'm fine with crates filled with ammo points, otherwise, it's pretty much a guarantee that that logi truck coming into the fob won't have what you want on it, be it rockets, mortars, ammo or bandages. 

I'm assuming and will welcome a more interactive experience with logis that will come in the future, where you have to come to a complete stop near a storage container or whatever, hit Q and you'll hear the sounds of loading that takes a few seconds, with the same happening on the other end with delivery. Maybe you'll leave a pile of crates next to your truck. No more blazing through, hitting Q and silently expelling points out the back of your truck. 

to clarify i was thinking that the driver and another member of the logi squad would get out of the logi upon arrival. Go to the back of the truck and press to individually take out the supplies and drop it on the ground somewhere, or even where the SL may want to build it. And would require 2 people to carry those mgs somewhere. I am not saying every object in the back of the truck needs to be a real physics object, just that they press f to access to inventory on it and select a "ammo crate" (which was previously loaded on to the truck at main) and the ammo crate appears in your characters hands. Then u drop it somewhere. And an SL gives authorization for it to be opened, where it stays static or something. Mortar crew members would need to go to an ammo supply crate or have one nearby for additional rounds as well.

I think with this system we could even abandon the build radius but require the objects to be on site and building structures especially would take longer. As well as sandbags. It would be more realistic. Fortified positions would not go up so quickly. As even during a fight a squad member could be running across the field with an ammo crate to resupply his squad. To build a HAB though it would need to be within a certain distance of a radio. This however would work best if rallies were reduced in strength and death were of more consequence. Make the rally mechanics like it is in PR. With helicopters coming insertion after death with nerfed rallies would not be bad anyways, these arent arma sized maps. When i shoot people in a house off in a field i want there to be no more people in the house. Instead u have the sl just placing another rally. The area will never be clear until u actually go over there and clear it out close quarters. Which is completely unrealistic and ungratifying.  Shooting people should make more of a difference. Right now shooting people does not really iliminate any enemy presence, there will always be more until u find their rally.   

Edited by madcat768

Ok I'm gonna stop you guys there. It's hard enough as it is to get people to volunteer for SIMPLE logi runs. Just last night I had to do them myself as an SL because everyone went quiet when I asked. Now you guys want to involve a longer process? No! Stop! Drop! Shut Em Down Open Up Shop!!! 

@CptDirty I see your point but what i am thinking is that if it is more interesting people would want to do it more. Simple is boring. Nothing to think about or coordinate.

@madcat768 I think getting urgent supplies to a FOB with enemies lurking, IED hajis, mines etc.... is a challenge in itself especially now with more emphasis on logi use since passive regen was removed and ammunition/construction points caps are still implemented. In my opinion the current system is balanced well and if any change is considered it should be creating a better appeal to performing logi runs but not on a realism level like you suggest. A longer logi run process will dissuade it's usage. 

@CptDirty You are right. Some other things would have to change in the game for the logi system in the game to become that realistic. The way it is now, with the way rally points work currently, it is probably best. I do agree logi runs can sometimes be really fun but most of the time u either get blown up right away or u have no contact the whole way and back, possibly even for nearly the entire game. This probably isnt the best place to post this so i will put it in general. What were ur guys' best logi runs?

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/28455-what-were-your-best-logi-runs/

Edited by madcat768

Or just make it so you can turn your head another 5° so you can look in the back.

Right now I just hit F4 as I drive past the main to check it is filled then F1 to carry on driving.