After a weekend playing I'd really like to see the FOB passively generate manna again. Albeit maybe slower this time but still crock potting away because on the bigger maps it's really cramped the fun factor of being able to drop them and come back later and get something going. Bring back the cookers please!

49 minutes ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

I really hope that cooking FOBs doesn't come back. Keep the logistics flowing.

Logistics flowing? In theory yes, however the amount of Logistics trucks has remained the same in the maps though. Typically people are taking them and just dumping them after they use them once or they are doing runs which leaves nobody else the opportunity to form new squads and push forward to other objectives.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Logistics flowing? In theory yes, however the amount of Logistics trucks has remained the same in the maps though. Typically people are taking them and just dumping them after they use them once or they are doing runs which leaves nobody else the opportunity to form new squads and push forward to other objectives.

So maybe suggest more logi trucks instead?

56 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

So maybe suggest more logi trucks instead?

Yeah either way. Take Kohat for example, I think each team only gets two logistics trucks and typically in a full 80 person server those are grabbed from the git-go.

@Zylfrax791 No cooking has made this game so much better. Logis are attributed more worth in the game. I saw 4 games last night which had dedicated logi squads. One game insurgents started camping near our main just to kill them. We had to spawn a whole squad back there to get them to stop blowing up our logis. When u have a logi squad the game is so much better now.

To make logi runs more interesting i think they should make it so they actually have to load up the MGs or Mortar parts at main. And other specific equipment in order to construct those things. And somone has to carry them off the truck as well. Thats probably what the moron seat in the back is for. I always get that seat =\

Or the ability to just do ammo runs with logi. More munitions but no build points? Just some more choices involved and something to coordinate rather than driving back and forth the whole game. Dedicated logi squads are the way to go. 

How about they come in boxes off the truck and other things and those boxes or bags need to be set down and the SL may build those things within a smaller radius, like 30meters. Get rid of the resupply points and ship resupply box stations from main. Once one is used up another one needs to be put down. Or several could be brought. Rifle ammo =/= grenades =/= rpg rounds  =/= mortar ammo. You could get rid of the build radius all together. MGs and mortars could be placed by 2 people anywhere on the map but they would have to be carried there. And would need a logi truck to bring it.

Edited by madcat768

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

People are still treating them as disposable taxis because they haven't caught on yet. I see logis actually doing logis runs the entire match now which is how it should be. And * gasp * dedicated logi squads hauling troops and gear. Awesome. 

Teams will catch on. Many already have. They just need to tweak some stuff to make dedicated logistics more practical. Remove the claim requirement for trucks, remove the 3-man FOB requirement, and remove the Officer kit requirement for Emplacements (FOB included).

There's expectation and there's reality.

A lot of expectation in regards to dedicated logi runs. Argument here is to improve realism and give more emphasis on team play. The reality however is that ever since passive regeneration was removed, there hasn't been a big enough of an appeal to do logi runs. The percentage of players who want to shoot and lead outweigh (by a huge factor) those who are willing to do logi runs. The appeal just isn't there. I have been volunteering myself to do logi runs and have had squad mates volunteering as well but not to a point where it is expected of them. There isn't a "logistics role" or anything of a kind. 

I was thinking what if passive regeneration was brought back and capped at the corresponding build point value for a HAB to that faction?

Let's take U.S. side for example. They would be able to place a cooker FOB behind enemy lines and have it cook until the corresponding built point value for a HAB reaches which would be 500. Once it reaches 300 points generated (including the 200 it starts off with for a total of 500) that FOB can no longer passively generate build points and would need supply runs. 

---

Personally I agree with @Zylfrax791 I would like to see passive regen brought back (expectation) but I understand that the game developers took a more realistic approach (reality). I guess whatever works for the greater good :) 

Edited by CptDirty

2 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

A lot of expectation in regards to dedicated logi runs. Argument here is to improve realism and give more emphasis on team play. The reality however is that ever since passive regeneration was removed, there hasn't been a big enough of an appeal to do logi runs. The percentage of players who want to shoot and lead outweigh (by a huge factor) those who are willing to do logi runs. The appeal just isn't there.

I was thinking what if passive regeneration was brought back and capped at the corresponding build point value for a HAB to that faction?

Let's take U.S. side for example. They would be able to place a cooker FOB behind enemy lines and have it cook until the corresponding built point value for a HAB reaches which would be 500. Once it reaches 300 points generated (including the 200 it starts off with for a total of 500) that FOB can no longer passively generate build points and would need supply runs. 

---

Personally I agree with @Zylfrax791, I would like to see passive regen brought back (expectation) but I understand that the game developers took a more realistic approach (reality). I guess whatever works for the greater good :) 

Personally I speculate the whole logistics system is a WIP that will change periodically linked to additional assets that are added to the game however right now the maps either need more regular logistics trucks or more FOB manna...

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

A lot of expectation in regards to dedicated logi runs. Argument here is to improve realism and give more emphasis on team play. The reality however is that ever since passive regeneration was removed, there hasn't been a big enough of an appeal to do logi runs. The percentage of players who want to shoot and lead outweigh (by a huge factor) those who are willing to do logi runs. The appeal just isn't there. I have been volunteering myself to do logi runs and have had squad mates volunteering as well but not to a point where it is expected of them. There isn't a "logistics role" or anything of a kind. 

---

Personally I agree with @Zylfrax791 I would like to see passive regen brought back (expectation) but I understand that the game developers took a more realistic approach (reality). I guess whatever works for the greater good :) 

Being able to drop a hidden radio behind enemy lines that automatically generates a spawn point is so far removed from reality and the intended gameplay that thankfully, I don't see it ever coming back. Yes, we could do it before this last patch, because it's all a WIP and that was the first iteration, and it will evolve as we move forward. Players will adapt and the game will remain playable. In the old, old days, we used to have to run everywhere and people complained that vehicles ruined the game by making it too fast. We used to be able to drop radios in bushes all over the map and that was stopped too. Not enough ammo points to spam mortars? Big deal, like always, the team that takes advantages of the advantages will win. Give it a couple of weeks

@LugNut lol I have the tendency to get too attached to features and when they're removed/changed with a new version I need time to adapt. But yeah I liked the cooker fobs prior to 9.6 or wtv it was. 

I am in favour of not being able to drop a FOB without a logistics vehicle present.
Now I am not sure whether this is still going into the game, but if it is I imagine it going something like this.
If we're to assume that there's 4 levels of logistics capability.
A vehicle with 0 can't drop a FOB.
A vehicle with 1 can drop a FOB.
A vehicle with 2 can drop a FOB and enough supplies for an ammo crate and enough ammo points for a full squad resupply. (assuming highest resupply costing kit combination)
A vehicle with 3 can drop a FOB with as many supplies as a logi run provides now.
That's my idea of it anyway.
f1addce8398256bb6fae285cb3c0b643_origina

I'd rather not have cooker FOBs back. You just need to settle in and adapt to the direction the game is taking, I highly doubt something that was introduced as a result of development needs (back when we didn't have vehicles, or the means to supply FOBs) would stay until the final version of the game.

Hell, I'd have the FOBs start with 0 points but the community needs to be eased into the aspect of logistics becoming essential in the whole process. The game would grind to a halt on public servers if the devs made the change from cooker FOBs to absolutely no supplies when you drop a FOB.

That aside, I would also support the method of having to drop a physical crate and then leave the SLs to pop the FOBs up. Basically PR style, I feel like that keeps logistics more fun for players because they have to communicate that extra bit with other SLs to ensure they drop the supplies in the right spot (be it through comms or just an SL marking it on the map) instead of just instantly driving towards an existing one in the map. That and it's a lot more fun dealing with physical crates than virtual values.

Anyway, cooker meta should stay dead. More teamwork and having to rely on teammates is only better for the game.

2 hours ago, Peerun said:

I am in favour of not being able to drop a FOB without a logistics vehicle present.

I think Sgt.Ross confirmed this is planned. It's far from optimal, but it's something. The best solution would be to have the presence of resources be the requirement, not the presence of a logistical vehicle. The base structure should be a Supply Dump, not the FOB. Emplacements will not have any real utility until they are freed from the constraints of the 20 ticket FOB and the current proximity restrictions.

20 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

I think Sgt.Ross confirmed this is planned. It's far from optimal, but it's something. The best solution would be to have the presence of resources be the requirement, not the presence of a logistical vehicle. The base structure should be a Supply Dump, not the FOB. Emplacements will not have any real utility until they are freed from the constraints of the 20 ticket FOB and the current proximity restrictions.

I also hope they get rid of the radio and do something similar to what you're talking about. Doesn't even have to be a supply dump structure, maybe just a physical crate that drops out of the truck like in PR. I think it's silly that you may have a truck full of supplies and might want to get an HMG up for an ambush or something but can't because of the 400 meter radio placement limit or because you don't want to risk losing 20 tickets.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 7/23/2017 at 7:03 AM, Tartantyco said:

Yep, this. 

I'll tell you one thing after playing this last week or so since the patch I've noticed all the Minecrafting has come to a screeching halt. Oh, and you can pretty much count on every random FOB you ingress to is going to have 1000 ammo points and zero build points so when you drop the supplies to build something you lose all the ammo points in the Logi because of the points cap.

I still see super fobs, but in places that make more sense. The main thing making them a waste of time is that they are so easily shoveled down and usually lightly defended. The scenario that almost always happens is that there's at most a guy or two covering an approach where there are sandbags and wire, they get taken out and the attacking squad can shovel down the defenses enough in like 30 seconds to be inside before the other team can react or spawn on the point. It's great that you can now destroy defenses, but the shovel down time needs to be increased to make defenses actually matter. 

Choppers people! When we one day get helos in the game it will be much faster and fun for people to do logistics with them. Since most maps aren't really that large (yet), logistics with trucks are fine for now.

The only issue for me is ammunition. I think it would be good if other vehicles could drop smaller amounts of only ammunition points at FOBs, such as humvees and normal transport trucks.Hopefully they'll consider letting soldiers get ammo from vehicles directly later on with the core inventory system, much like Arma.

Edited by JarryHead
grammar