grimshadow

Dedicated Squads

The easiest thing for Squad leaders after this new update is to compartmentalize tasks through out the team, giving SL's more focus, communication along with better coordination and control. Now you can have an INF with all 9 guys guns out while other smaller squad run vehicles.

AT THE START OF THE GAME
-To start a dedicated squad label what you are doing in the squad name before locking (first come first serve basis).

-Dedicated squads could be 2 man Logi, 2 man vehicle team, 2 man transport, 3 man anti mortar / scout squad, 2 - 3 man mortar squad.

DEDICATED SQUAD REQUIREMENTS
-When leading a dedicated squad always stay in comms with other SL's to assist them and gain more situational awareness of the battle-space so you can assist from the most optimal areas.

-If your in a vehicle always help out with transporting squads somewhere else as maneuverability is key to getting one up on the enemy team

-NEVER ABANDON THE LOGI! It is the life blood of your team!!

-HMG Vehicles always coordinate with INF SL's and help cover attacks, or defend the team from enemy vehicles

These are just a few ways to help promote one hell of an awesome experience for everyone, leading to less of a cluster **** of a game. And helps all the SL's stay on a specific task rather than juggling 4-5 diff things with only half his force.

35 minutes ago, grimshadow said:

2 man vehicle team

You'll forgive me if I fail to understand why you would lock an APC squad at two men.

Otherwise, we can only hope that dedicated squads become the standard, including when it comes to servers implementing rules.

13 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

You'll forgive me if I fail to understand why you would lock an APC squad at two men.

Otherwise, we can only hope that dedicated squads become the standard, including when it comes to servers implementing rules.

Driver/Gunner? They mainly assist in pushes and dont usually transport troops.

36 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Well considering it is more productive to have a full 9 man squad doing things a 2 man vehicle squad is able to focus on covering them, and if needed transport them up the map when requested. 

1 hour ago, grimshadow said:

The easiest thing for Squad leaders after this new update is to compartmentalize tasks through out the team, giving SL's more focus, communication along with better coordination and control. Now you can have an INF with all 9 guys guns out while other smaller squad run vehicles.

AT THE START OF THE GAME
-To start a dedicated squad label what you are doing in the squad name before locking (first come first serve basis).

-Dedicated squads could be 2 man Logi, 2 man vehicle team, 2 man transport, 3 man anti mortar / scout squad, 2 - 3 man mortar squad.

-When leading a dedicated squad always stay in comms with other SL's to assist them and gain more situational awareness of the battle-space so you can assist from the most optimal areas.

-If your in a vehicle always help out with transporting squads somewhere else as maneuverability is key to getting one up on the enemy team

-HMG Vehicles always coordinate with INF SL's and help cover attacks, or defend the team from enemy vehicles

These are just a few ways to help promote one hell of an awesome experience for everyone, leading to less of a cluster **** of a game. And helps all the SL's stay on a specific task rather than juggling 4-5 diff things with only half his force.

/(|
          (  :
         __\  \  _____
       (____)  `|
      (____)|   |
       (____).__|
        (___)__.|_____

Yeti1-32   

The games I've been in that have done this have been very effective, been on both sides of it. Brings combined arms to a whole new level in Squad, really cool to see.

1 hour ago, _randombullet said:

Driver/Gunner? They mainly assist in pushes and dont usually transport troops.

Yes, a driver and a gunner... per vehicle. Vehicle squads should not be locked at one vehicle, that's ridiculous. An APC squad, for example, should make use of all the APCs available.

I imagine the heavy armor tank maps will all be locked tank and A 10 squads.... :). With support for them too.

This is how it always was in PR and what I always had in mind when I thought about locked squad´s in Squad.

I understand why some people think locked squads are a bad thing, they just did not experience this kind of game play yet I guess.

32 minutes ago, koschilein said:

This is how it always was in PR and what I always had in mind when I thought about locked squad´s in Squad.

I understand why some people think locked squads are a bad thing, they just did not experience this kind of game play yet I guess.

Exactly this. It will come and it is enforced on valhalla 

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

For me locked squads killed all fun from the game.

In theory, they are OK.

In game, they are just taing away all fun from game, as it's very common for me to join a server and ... I have to play solo as there is no open squad to join because some guys just want to play on their own, without other players. I'm getting this all the time, 1-2 full 9 man squads, and than some random or "clan" locked squads, and the feel of the gameplay is like CoD, no one cooperates, no one listen to eachother and full gameplay is a full mess.

It's wrong to assume that anyone will use game feature in the right way, if I can be honest it's even a bit silly to think players won't abuse game mechanics.

1 minute ago, PadrePadre said:

In theory, they are OK.

In game, they are just taing away all fun from game, as it's very common for me to join a server and ... I have to play solo as there is no open squad to join because some guys just want to play on their own, without other players. I'm getting this all the time, 1-2 full 9 man squads, and than some random or "clan" locked squads, and the feel of the gameplay is like CoD, no one cooperates, no one listen to eachother and full gameplay is a full mess.

It's wrong to assume that anyone will use game feature in the right way, if I can be honest it's even a bit silly to think players won't abuse game mechanics.

You answered yourself with this one, people will get used to it. You would also need open an own Squad or "solo" if every other squad is full even without locking, so this is not a problem because of locked squad´s.

Maybe try joining other server´s, I did not have any problem´s with locked squad´s yet. (Mostly playing on EXODUS and sometimes on We ♥ Squad Germany)

Also as OP has already said, without locked squad´s we would not have dedicated logi/transport... squads because they just wont work as good without this feature. Remember that we will get even more assets so this feature will be even more important in the future. (Transport/Supply drop chopper´s are a good example)

1 hour ago, koschilein said:

You answered yourself with this one, people will get used to it. You would also need open an own Squad or "solo" if every other squad is full even without locking, so this is not a problem because of locked squad´s.

Maybe try joining other server´s, I did not have any problem´s with locked squad´s yet. (Mostly playing on EXODUS and sometimes on We ♥ Squad Germany)

Also as OP has already said, without locked squad´s we would not have dedicated logi/transport... squads because they just wont work as good without this feature. Remember that we will get even more assets so this feature will be even more important in the future. (Transport/Supply drop chopper´s are a good example)

I play at evenings, there is a lack of free slots on servers (20-30 servers with full 80 playerbase and 4-7 players waiting) that I usually join (so those under ping of 100), and I'm getting this all the time. If I can be honest, the combiation of pathetic Squad performance on multicire AMD CPUs as well as Lock Squad feature ... made me simply leave the game. 

I'm in place where I regret I did not refund Squad on steam like my friends... I don't need 37 bucks unplayable game. Don't get me wrong, the idea of gameplay in Squad is very good, but the engine performance and now this "feature" is killing all fun from gameing.

25 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

I play at evenings, there is a lack of free slots on servers (20-30 servers with full 80 playerbase and 4-7 players waiting) that I usually join (so those under ping of 100), and I'm getting this all the time. If I can be honest, the combiation of pathetic Squad performance on multicire AMD CPUs as well as Lock Squad feature ... made me simply leave the game. 

I'm in place where I regret I did not refund Squad on steam like my friends... I don't need 37 bucks unplayable game. Don't get me wrong, the idea of gameplay in Squad is very good, but the engine performance and now this "feature" is killing all fun from gameing.

Sorry to hear bud, I know your pain (Had an AMD FX 8350, did not do to well in Squad...)

Just try it again in a few month´s, maybe performance will be better for your system then. I personally did not have any problem with the new system of locked squads yet and can finally do them supply/transport squad, which I really like doing :P

20 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Sorry to hear bud, I know your pain (Had an AMD FX 8350, did not do to well in Squad...)

Just try it again in a few month´s, maybe performance will be better for your system then. I personally did not have any problem with the new system of locked squads yet and can finally do them supply/transport squad, which I really like doing :P

I personally love to play support, especially when it's connected with setting up a fire base and covering large area over strategic places and direct mortar fire support. It's unique in Squad and I like it, pure random shooting experience is better in BF4 hardcore mode. But how can I play support in Squad servers have full squads and the rest is locked? 

p.s.

I'm really happy with my 4.4 8350, I can play basically everything I want in FHD and High/Ultra settings (even those really demanding like Andromeda/Wildlands), just Squad is making problems. And I won't buy overpriced and hot Intel just to run one game.

6 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

In theory, they are OK.

Come play on valhalla then as the rules are enforced to promote the proper game play. O never mind tjust read the rest of your replays. Have fun not playing squad! 

Edited by grimshadow

8 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

In theory, they are OK.

In game, they are just taing away all fun from game, 

I'm all about fun. In fact, fun is my middle name and Skward is hands down the funnest FPS available on the market. I love the wild wild west feel of bodies flying up in the air from explosions, ambushing Strykers with technicals, sniping long distance with the 30 mike mike... it's provided my brood and I thousands of hours of pure fun entertainment. That said, how is locked squads a "fun killer" when all you've got to do is start your own or wait a little bit until a slot opens up? If your idea of fun is being a nerd herder then knock yourself out.

18 hours ago, grimshadow said:

AT THE START OF THE GAME

I agree compleatly and its something iv been trying to have my group do more often. Iv also been trying to focus on doing this more my self. 

1 hour ago, Catindabox said:

We need a way to invite people to locked squads ASAP

That or just set a password on your blocked squad. 

@hackeye8236 good to here. I try and do the support etc.. and coordinate with the other squads. More we show people how much more fun these experinces are the more they will catch on and reciprocate. 

17 minutes ago, grimshadow said:

That or just set a password on your blocked squad. 

@hackeye8236 good to here. I try and do the support etc.. and coordinate with the other squads. More we show people how much more fun these experinces are the more they will catch on and reciprocate. 

I feel like passwords would make people use external communication too much. The clan uses teamspeak to tell each other the password to their clan's squad.. then accidentally starts using teamspeak for the rest of the match.

4 hours ago, Catindabox said:

We need a way to invite people to locked squads ASAP

You unlock at the same time you have your friend join the squad then re lock the squad.