grimshadow

Dedicated Squads

12 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I'm all about fun. In fact, fun is my middle name and Skward is hands down the funnest FPS available on the market. I love the wild wild west feel of bodies flying up in the air from explosions, ambushing Strykers with technicals, sniping long distance with the 30 mike mike... it's provided my brood and I thousands of hours of pure fun entertainment. That said, how is locked squads a "fun killer" when all you've got to do is start your own or wait a little bit until a slot opens up? If your idea of fun is being a nerd herder then knock yourself out.

Guys already squadded up usually stay there to the end of the match. Start my squad and playing with 1-2 guys? That's huge disadvantage. I hate the idea of locking squads. And yes, it took of much of fun from the game as well as the teamplay spirit. If I want to play solo I go BF4.

1 hour ago, PadrePadre said:

Guys already squadded up usually stay there to the end of the match. Start my squad and playing with 1-2 guys? That's huge disadvantage. I hate the idea of locking squads. And yes, it took of much of fun from the game as well as the teamplay spirit. If I want to play solo I go BF4.

Maybe it took some fun for you(I did not have any problems finding squads since 9.6) but the locked squads do not take away teamplay spirit, they encourage it instead. Never before did I see so many people running logi/transport squads to help other squads in this game.

9 minutes ago, koschilein said:

Maybe it took some fun for you(I did not have any problems finding squads since 9.6) but the locked squads do not take away teamplay spirit, they encourage it instead. Never before did I see so many people running logi/transport squads to help other squads in this game.

if I can be 100% honest, my last game were the same. 

1. Single player as all squads are full/locked = 0 fun

2. 3 locked squads of "clan players", zero coordination, zero teamspirit and teamwork = all games with such teams were lost.

3. Cooperation between 7 (?) small squads lasts for so long, that enemy managed to win with 900 tickets. Note: enemies had full squads.

for me, previous "forcing" the team of 9 players to cooperate because of big team was much better. The only effort it required was a SL that had to assign roles for his squad. Nothing more. Now, it's just another CoD style game. So sorry, although I understand this idea is GREAT if used correctly, the assumption it won't be abused is silly.

23 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

2. 3 locked squads of "clan players", zero coordination, zero teamspirit and teamwork = all games with such teams were lost.

3. Cooperation between 7 (?) small squads lasts for so long, that enemy managed to win with 900 tickets. Note: enemies had full squads.

for me, previous "forcing" the team of 9 players to cooperate because of big team was much better. The only effort it required was a SL that had to assign roles for his squad. Nothing more. Now, it's just another CoD style game. So sorry, although I understand this idea is GREAT if used correctly, the assumption it won't be abused is silly.

In your case I would find a better server, what ever one you are playing on sounds like garbage 

46 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

Nothing more. Now, it's just another CoD style game. So sorry, although I understand this idea is GREAT if used correctly, the assumption it won't be abused is silly.

OK then, maybe this game is just to much CoD for you because of locked squad´s. You can always play something else and wait for updates.

I still really don´t get your point´s at all, maybe I just had to much luck in my PR(over 3000hours) and now Squad time with locked squad´s to never face such problem´s.

Maybe you can try different server´s.

5 minutes ago, koschilein said:

OK then, maybe this game is just to much CoD for you because of locked squad´s. You can always play something else and wait for updates.

I still really don´t get your point´s at all, maybe I just had to much luck in my PR(over 3000hours) and now Squad time with locked squad´s to never face such problem´s.

Maybe you can try different server´s.

I'm trying different servers. I'm really mad because I've started Squad recently and after great time in game (although I'm not able to play on few maps due to terrible Squad performance on AMD) I don't like the change. 

Forcing 9 players to cooperate was great and I loved this idea.

Now it's gone as full squad is rare, no matter the server.

Peerun   
50 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

I'm trying different servers. I'm really mad because I've started Squad recently and after great time in game (although I'm not able to play on few maps due to terrible Squad performance on AMD) I don't like the change. 

Forcing 9 players to cooperate was great and I loved this idea.

Now it's gone as full squad is rare, no matter the server.

I've never seen less than 2 full squads on a server after the update. On a full server, that is.

8 minutes ago, Peerun said:

I've never seen less than 2 full squads on a server after the update. On a full server, that is.

Yes, 2 squads are common - but the rest of players is hidding in small 2-3 man squads going solo ... Server really doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

+1000

Peerun   

You guys are completely ignoring the other factor. There's a lot of new players again. It's always like this after an influx of new people, nothing to do with locked squads.

Edited by Peerun

10 minutes ago, Peerun said:

You guys are completely ignoring the other factor. There's a lot of new players again. It's always like this after an influx of new people, nothing to do with locked squads.

Well.... I can't agree (unfortunately).

From my experience, the 2-3 man squads are made by veterans who doesn't want "nabs" in their squad.

If I can be honest, nothing should be forced. 

Cooperation with other 8 guys, splitting responsibilties, teamwork ... this was already in game before the update. Locking Squads just made it worse. 

25 minutes ago, PadrePadre said:

Well.... I can't agree (unfortunately).

From my experience, the 2-3 man squads are made by veterans who doesn't want "nabs" in their squad.

If I can be honest, nothing should be forced. 

Cooperation with other 8 guys, splitting responsibilties, teamwork ... this was already in game before the update. Locking Squads just made it worse. 

Here here plus not all people who play are guys some are female remember that

Igno   
57 minutes ago, Qaiex said:

Isn't this something server admins should be dealing with?

^^This!

Some servers already have some rules in place, and I guess that in time this will be better. 

And also imo, squad locking should only be for assets squads and other squad types that dont need many players. Normal inf squads should not be locked, also locked "clan" squads is just anti social behaviour and should not take place in public servers.

7 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

Sounds like you're making a lot of vague generalizations without any supportive facts. Maybe another game would be fun for you instead...

6 minutes ago, Igno said:

^^This!

Some servers already have some rules in place, and I guess that in time this will be better. 

And also imo, squad locking should only be for assets squads and other squad types that dont need many players. Normal inf squads should not be locked, also locked "clan" squads is just anti social behaviour and should not take place in public servers.

True devs should make it so u have to have at least two full squads that way you actually have to work to get them and server are full by the time u can lock squads

16 hours ago, _randombullet said:

You unlock at the same time you have your friend join the squad then re lock the squad.

Yea but when your in the middle of a firefight you cant do it and it is easy to forget to do it after that fact if things get to hectic.

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Sounds like you're making a lot of vague generalizations without any supportive facts. Maybe another game would be fun for you instead...

what kind of supportive facts you asking for mate? I'm joining game after game, and since locked squads are in game, there is always the same. No matter the server - I don't have favorite servers, I join the one with lot of players and ping less than 100, so it's a lot of them. 

I hope it will change, for now it's really bad (in my subjective opinion).

tatzhit   

I don't really encounter the locked squad problem, but that may be because I play SL 90% of the time, so if there are no slots available, I just make a new squad.
Also, playing as a lone SL is not bad.

When commander is added to squad only squad leaders with 9 member could go with that role? As this wouldake it benefit the whole team as the player with the most would have that ability then as he'd have more if the team!

Shadow_   
On 7/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, PadrePadre said:

For me locked squads killed all fun from the game.

In theory, they are OK.

In game, they are just taing away all fun from game, as it's very common for me to join a server and ... I have to play solo as there is no open squad to join because some guys just want to play on their own, without other players. I'm getting this all the time, 1-2 full 9 man squads, and than some random or "clan" locked squads, and the feel of the gameplay is like CoD, no one cooperates, no one listen to eachother and full gameplay is a full mess.

It's wrong to assume that anyone will use game feature in the right way, if I can be honest it's even a bit silly to think players won't abuse game mechanics.

That's not a game problem. That's servers not updating their rule-sets around locked squads. You should be complaining about the servers, not the features in this case.

3 minutes ago, Shadow_ said:

That's not a game problem. That's servers not updating their rule-sets around locked squads. You should be complaining about the servers, not the features in this case.

It's on most servers the same I seen it in

6 minutes ago, Shadow_ said:

What are these "rule sets" you speak of and exactly who created them? As far as I'm concerned the only rules in Squad are the ones created by the game itself and the guidelines laid out in the license. Everything else is contrived nonsense invented by control freaks.

Qaiex   
1 minute ago, Zylfrax791 said:

What are these "rule sets" you speak of and exactly who created them? As far as I'm concerned the only rules in Squad are the ones created by the game itself and the guidelines laid out in the license. Everything else is contrived nonsense invented by control freaks.

Servers are privately run, so anyone who owns it can make whatever rules they want. And they can kick or ban anyone at any time for breaking those rules.

Shadow_   
6 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Just a quick example: http://www.mumblerines.com/articles/news/unknown/6/server-rules

A couple of extra articles on locked squads would fix the problem OP is talking about.

Everything else is contrived nonsense invented by control freaks

Lol you've obviously never administrated a Squad or PR server then.

Edited by Shadow_