Heskey

Squad Pre-Alpha Registration "Login"

Quick question.

"Login" is what we use to log into Squad - is it also our in-game name? My 'login' names and my in-game name are very different.

I'm gonna be pissed if I mess it up either way so please could a Dev clarify?

Whatever the situation, when things migrate to Steam in the next 6 months, well, itll be on Steam, so things will be more Steamy.

But, yea, I don't know the answer to this immediately. Let me check.

You use login name to login in with, from then on it pulls your Steam name.

So any name changes is done via Steam, and it takes a few hours to take effect

My Login is "Darman" but ingame I appear as Darman1138. I think it reads your Steam profile and takes that name.

I went through the registration process a while ago though and I'm not sure if it's the same now as it was then.

the only licensing/legal info agreement thing i've ever taken the time to read in my life.

the only licensing/legal info agreement thing i've ever taken the time to read in my life.

summarize? because obviously, you know..

Cheers Devs.

I take it it's your "display name" in Steam and not the account name, because my steam account is so old (11+ years) that my 'username' is actually my first email address rather than a username!

^^^ Above appears to be confirmed.

Also, your can change your login name so don't worry guys. Thread can be closed, ta!

Yes. It's your display name. It shows my display name and not my account name, thank God.

summarize? because obviously, you know..

well im no legal expert but from what ive read ive got some questions about anyone playing the CPA whos under 18, as well as people who want to stream or take screenshots..

in other news, Steam Guard is the most annoying thing i've ever experienced.

in other news, Steam Guard is the most annoying thing i've ever experienced.

Why? I think its pretty straight forward and I like it.

Why? I think its pretty straight forward and I like it.

i F'd up and for some reason cannot find my Steam Guard email. and i don't know my Steam Guard special code.

i need to contact Steam Support now.

edit: this is due to the 'two-factor' authentication that the Steam Mobile app somehow convinced me to enable. This is what the 7th level of Hell is, do not use Steam Mobile two-factor authentication unless you hate yourself or are a masochist.

i F'd up and for some reason cannot find my Steam Guard email. and i don't know my Steam Guard special code.

edit: this is due to the 'two-factor' authentication that the Steam Mobile app somehow convinced me to enable. This is what the 7th level of Hell is, do not use Steam Mobile two-factor authentication unless you hate yourself or are a masochist.

I know that feel, sometimes Steam doesn't send that e-mail for 2 weeks... after signing in from the same browser I always have. It can be really annoying.

you guys are welcome to record, stream, screenshot as you like. ;)

...but not share it or what?

c. User shall not disclose, disseminate, transmit, publish, post, make available, or otherwise convey ('Disclose') any screen shots or other content resulting from and/or enabled by the execution of the Game and accessible by the User ('Enabled Content');

From other Alpha/Betas I have been involved with-Yes, you can post youtube vids to the public. Its a great means of advertising. Just remember to post, flag, etc...that the game was in alpha. Try not to emphasize any bugs. AND be sure to give a link for the game somewhere. There is not a game developer in the world that wouldnt enjoy the free press from this. 

Wow that sounds relay bad :( I sorry to hear that.... I only use the email code authentification system and i never had any problems... I guess you can still play on this weekend though?!

Wow that sounds relay bad :( I sorry to hear that.... I only use the email code authentification system and i never had any problems... I guess you can still play on this weekend though?!

yeah i just need to wait for Steam Support to get back to me.

yeah i just need to wait for Steam Support to get back to me.

That'll only take about 2 weeks. Steam support is notoriously bad. 

That'll only take about 2 weeks. Steam support is notoriously bad.

please kill me.