DaveGrimy9

In Vehicle Ducking / Dodging. And Potential Radio!

Imagine you're driving your humvee straight down a road and start taking heavy fire from directly in front of you. Now you have a feature that allows everyone in the front and rear seat to duck and brace while bullets are heavily coming through the front windshield. You are low enough that you aren't being shot in the face but you and your teammates are unable to see out the front or side windows because your head is tucked tight to your lap. Now you can reverse hopefully back to cover if you are lucky! I think having this option really puts more emphasis on the in-vehicle realism and would significantly help you on the battleground. Only downside is you are unable to see until you pop your head back up.

Also, something more fun, maybe unrealistic would be a Radio in some or all vehicles that you can change through a fixed playlist of the devs choice, with volume options that if you are blaring the sound system anyone in the vicinity would be able to hear it. Imagine pulling up to an enemy HAB or setting one up and you start to hear Metallica or Justin Beiber in the distance from a U.S Humvee getting closer and louder. What are your guy's thoughts on both? 

Love the ducking idea +1

The server admin should be able to decide the playlist i think/stations. I thought radios in vehicles too but i feel like it may make the game less for teamwork, dont know why. Players can always just put music over their mic anyways.

I like the duck idea ! But since glasses are bulletproof there is no real need for that (except for technical maybe) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_lVBu45vns

For the music i'm not sure that it is a good idea. Squad is based on communication and if people are going to listen some music, some of them will not be listening other teammates (and as @madcat768 said, you can always put some music over the mic ;) ).

NB : I don't know if the VOIP system is going to evolve in a more realistic way. IRL, you have some "max communication range" depending on the talkie/radio that you are using.

A radio for a standard rifleman allow you to talk within a range of 3km for instance whereas a long range radio (found in vehicles and communication soldiers) allow you to talk in a range of let's say 20km. If the VOIP is going to evolve like that, and when the maps will get bigger, vehicles will be an important asset since they have a long range radio in it. This video illustrates what i'm thinking of (it's a mod for arma) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgr-pzwfJo

even if it might not be so detailled in Squad, we can add those 2 kind of radio for realism

Edited by morse27

Hell no on the music, it's bad enough as it is.  

Ducking, sure, that would be nice somewhere down the line for open top vehicles. If you're in a vehicle, hit crouch or prone and you duck. 

@Catindabox think he is refering to (especially in an SL role) everyone is talking in local while your driving and squad chat and command chat. Now a radio. I agree probably best not to add music to the vehicles after all. 

4 hours ago, LugNut said:

Hell no on the music, it's bad enough as it is.  

But imagine rolling up to Al Basrah in Strykers blaring THIS thru speakers!

... Actually, that's probably why devs won't implement such suggestions.

Edited by tatzhit

14 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

But imagine rolling up to Al Basrah in Strykers blaring THIS thru speakers!

... Actually, that's probably why devs won't implement such suggestions.

Better yet....  "'MURICA! **** YEAH! COMIN' HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER****IN' DAY YEAH!"

17 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Better yet....  "'MURICA! **** YEAH! COMIN' HERE TO SAVE THE MOTHER****IN' DAY YEAH!"

Better yet... "CONVOY!"

Edited by Nikko B

I would love speakers on my chopper to do something like this : https://youtu.be/GKaYOW9zMoY?t=29s

or maybe something more punchy like AC/DC "thunderstruck" or "highway to hell"

EDIT :

Better yet... "CONVOY!"

that's for logi truck's driver for sure !

Edited by morse27

You guys missed the thread about music being played in game....Flight of the Valkyries in Apacalypse Now....dunt da da dunn dunnn dant da daa dun dunnn dunt daaa da dunnn...

11 hours ago, XRobinson said:

You guys missed the thread about music being played in game....Flight of the Valkyries in Apacalypse Now....dunt da da dunn dunnn dant da daa dun dunnn dunt daaa da dunnn...

I didn't missed it for sure xD

take a look at the link in my previous reply

On 2017-07-17 at 7:57 AM, DaveGrimy9 said:

Imagine you're driving your humvee straight down a road and start taking heavy fire from directly in front of you. Now you have a feature that allows everyone in the front and rear seat to duck and brace while bullets are heavily coming through the front windshield. You are low enough that you aren't being shot in the face but you and your teammates are unable to see out the front or side windows because your head is tucked tight to your lap. Now you can reverse hopefully back to cover if you are lucky! I think having this option really puts more emphasis on the in-vehicle realism and would significantly help you on the battleground. Only downside is you are unable to see until you pop your head back up.

Also, something more fun, maybe unrealistic would be a Radio in some or all vehicles that you can change through a fixed playlist of the devs choice, with volume options that if you are blaring the sound system anyone in the vicinity would be able to hear it. Imagine pulling up to an enemy HAB or setting one up and you start to hear Metallica or Justin Beiber in the distance from a U.S Humvee getting closer and louder. What are your guy's thoughts on both? 

Ducking was in PR so they will add it for sure. 

23 hours ago, Catindabox said:

What is bad enough as it is?

People blaring music over VOIP like they're the first ones to think of it. Once helos are in it'll be Fortunate Son every freaking ride. No thanks.