Fuller

Alpha 9.6 Feedback

Fuller   

First of all thank you for the update! Especially the destructable emplacments which was (AFAIK) a good amount of work :)

Pros:

+Locked Squads

+FOB don't generate ammo/construction points anymore

+Destroyable Emplacments

+Urban Warfare

Cons:

-Too many mortars available (especially on small maps)

-Strange damage values vs. emplacements (30mm does little damage to sandbags compared to GL/LAT)

-Server-Client hit boxes don't match quite often.(cheeky netcode tweaks? ;) )

Suggestions:

1.) Add a "heat" value to mortar tubes (similar to .50cal)// RL values M252 : Max. ROF 33/minute , Sustained ROF: 16/minute

2.) Limit mortars to 4 per team. (2 per team might be even better)

3.) Mortar shelters should be indestructable by mortar fire.(or atleast very hard to destroy)

4.) Increase 30mm damage vs. sandbags/HESCO. 30mm AP should be able to pentrate everything ingame except bunkers/reinforced concrete.*

5.) .50 (12.7x99) and KPVT (14.5x114) should be able to penetrate one line of sandbags.

*That would make mortar shelters the only emplacement which can protect you from 30mm rounds.

9 hours ago, Fuller said:

~op

Locked squads should be limited or ur have new members squad leading new members

Edited by MultiSquid
Unnecessary quote length

@Fuller I disagree with limiting mortars. If another team wants 2 or 3 fully decked out mortar pits they will lose that many players to pushing the objective and will need logi runs constantly. I think it balances out fine. Is heating up a real think in irl that they have to be concerned about? But i take it not just after 3 shots? 

to Add Suggestion 3, at first i thought it was strange too but the key word is "indirect" and then fire shelter. It is not meant to be a fully safe place. Probably not in irl either by the way it looks. I think although this new feature has just been implemented is far from over powered and does not require this much action such as restricting number of mortars per team or overheating.  

I agree with suggestion 4

suggestion 5, 50cals already do this i am pretty sure

Edited by madcat768

tatzhit   
On 7/16/2017 at 7:21 AM, Fuller said:

Suggestions:

1.) Add a "heat" value to mortar tubes (similar to .50cal)// RL values M252 : Max. ROF 33/minute , Sustained ROF: 16/minute

2.) Limit mortars to 4 per team. (2 per team might be even better)

3.) Mortar shelters should be indestructable by mortar fire.(or atleast very hard to destroy)

4.) Increase 30mm damage vs. sandbags/HESCO. 30mm AP should be able to pentrate everything ingame except bunkers/reinforced concrete.*

5.) .50 (12.7x99) and KPVT (14.5x114) should be able to penetrate one line of sandbags.

*That would make mortar shelters the only emplacement which can protect you from 30mm rounds.

1-2. Mortars are largely useless unless attacking a HAB in open compound or parked vehicle. The AoE is too small to really do much to infantry except sound effects and occasional, almost accidental kills (I think I died to mortars like twice the whole time since their introduction). If a team wants to waste squads on running noisemakers, let em.

Suggestion 3 seems fine, but I think I've also seen mortar shelters used maybe twice the entire time I played. On, and one time I built it to have a platform for RPGs to shoot over a fence.

4. 30mm projectile weights about 10x less than an RPG round (depending on type) and IIRC has like 14x less explosive filler, so it's not surprising that it does less damage to sandbags.
It should also penetrate less because it doesn't form the shaped-charge plasma jet.

Of course, HESCO for example should protect reasonably well against RPG or 30mm frag rounds, but I don't think the difference between "penetration" and "damage" is ingame yet.

5. .50 and 14.5 penetrate single sandbags just fine. Anyone who ever played on Basrah as INS can confirm )

Edited by tatzhit

14 minutes ago, GaWran said:

cant lock squad on 16:10 (1440x900) resolution here's an image from reddit u/Celimbrim

Check your setting this I think there should be a limited how many squads cam be locked and when they can be locked to make it realism squads are general 4 members minimum to 12 members plus members when maps get bigger and more people can be on the maximum of squads is 9 so if u have a 50 vs 50 u can't have 6 times 3 squads and 4 times 9s as the squad leader in voice don't work as maximum squads are 9

Update is nice, although I have a problem with locked squads. The team with locked squads usually loses ... It leads to situation where I join almost full servers and you have for example 3 full squads of 9 players and one locked ... so basically you can't join any squad or you need to create another useless (small) squad. 

That's why I don't like locking squads. 

The other topic is ... the optimalisation for CPUs that benefit from multicore structure (AMD). Making game more accessible (less demanding for PC) will bring more players = more $ for devs for further development. Game is great in it's current form in terms of gameplay and I think this should be priority for now to boost it's performance as you can't enjoy new content if game is unplayable due to less than 30 fps or when strong PC is giving huge advantage in spotting.

Keep up a good work.

Regards.

Rick   

Locking Squads is a Fail in my opinion, I couldn't join my favorite server because of either full Squads or locked Squads, after close to 1,200 hrs of game play and helping kickstart this game I am definitely considering uninstalling it. I just hope the Studio reconsiders and removes the ability to locked squads, I am having a hard enough time finding a server that is worth playing on.

6 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

Update is nice, although I have a problem with locked squads. The team with locked squads usually loses ... It leads to situation where I join almost full servers and you have for example 3 full squads of 9 players and one locked ... so basically you can't join any squad or you need to create another useless (small) squad. 

That's why I don't like locking squads. 

The other topic is ... the optimalisation for CPUs that benefit from multicore structure (AMD). Making game more accessible (less demanding for PC) will bring more players = more $ for devs for further development. Game is great in it's current form in terms of gameplay and I think this should be priority for now to boost it's performance as you can't enjoy new content if game is unplayable due to less than 30 fps or when strong PC is giving huge advantage in spotting.

Keep up a good work.

Regards.

Here here +1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Locking Squads is a Fail in my opinion, I couldn't join my favorite server because of either full Squads or locked Squads, after close to 1,200 hrs of game play and helping kickstart this game I am definitely considering uninstalling it. I just hope the Studio reconsiders and removes the ability to locked squads, I am having a hard enough time finding a server that is worth playing on.

Here here +1

Igno   

Servers should have some rules against locking squads, and enforce them properly.

Ex. There is no reasons to lock a normal infantry squad, that's just anti social.

1 hour ago, Igno said:

Servers should have some rules against locking squads, and enforce them properly.

Ex. There is no reasons to lock a normal infantry squad, that's just anti social.

Howamy can be locked Nd ar what stage too or get rid of it even better if ur a mortar squad you get a fire team leader who looks after the infantry looks after mortars sl or via versa 

Fuller   

On some server locked squads are not allowed but to be hones ...that doesn't solve the problem it is simply more work
for the SL. (because he has to kick alot of players).

The "locked squads" concept is pretty good but it needs a few more rules.
Such as:
1.)You can't lock squads with less than x players . (x=6 might be a good number)
2.)If you label your squad "y" rule 1.) does not apply. (y={TANK,APC,IFV,CAS,MORTAR})