Xebirri

More telescopic sights, flashlights on guns, lights on vehicles

Hi squads, i have a duobt.

Will there be flashlights for weapons, and lights on vehicles for night maps? And night vision goggles?

On the other hand later I will have more telescopic sights for the weapons?

There are very few, I understand that is still developing, but there will be more variety of telescopic sights in the future?

And finally on some maps they should eliminate the fog completely.Or can not reduce it by other issues?

A Greetings.9_9

Here's my guess.

Lights probably.

Nightvision no.

A few more telescopic sights but not many.

Edited by mteijiro

3 hours ago, Xebirri said:

Hi squads, i have a duobt.

Will there be flashlights for weapons, and lights on vehicles for night maps? And night vision goggles?

On the other hand later I will have more telescopic sights for the weapons?

There are very few, I understand that is still developing, but there will be more variety of telescopic sights in the future?

And finally on some maps they should eliminate the fog completely.Or can not reduce it by other issues?

A Greetings.9_9

If you're looking for that kind of customizing of your weapon look no further than Escape From Tarkov. 

Its not about customizing your weapons in Squad, its about pushing the game forward, onto another level. Separating even more from other games. And making it look professional. Imagine riding in a convoy of 4 vehicles with your squad and you are about to punch trough the city full of insurgents, with nightvisions on a night map of Al-Basrah and seeing this: 

Or, if we don't get NVGs (because we probably will not get them), imagine that same convoy with lights on on a night map, and with lights on your assault rifles busting trough the houses and clearing the city, with beautiful lightning.

I completely understand this guy wanting this. Immersion in a realistic game is bringing more than half of the fun, and that should be the point of the games. Guys that do not understand that never really enjoy the game, they just here for the hell of it.

Remember PRs assault on Grozny and Fallujah map? They make you feel you are really there. And I am not here to talk about their balance (or some similiar bullshit like that), I am talking about how a map can immerse you into the game, where even the wait before the battle is fun - you DO NOT get that in Squad. Almost everyone in Squad is playing like they are on speed, always want to shoot or run headlessly around, everybody is always in a rush because of the game mechanics. I think developers should really start focusing on that immersion part. These lights and NVGs are just a small aspect of that, a small puzzle of the bigger picture. There are many more things like that. Fixing FOB deployables, expanding classes like for example GPMG class or breacher class, bipods, wirecutters, weapon jams, low ready stance, health system, realistic bodies (jumping from a 2 meter wall with combat equipment would probably break your ankles), leaning currently is absolute CRAP it should be fixed with a proper lean, holding the gun normally and not rotating it on 45 degree bank on the lean, proper bullet ballistics, snipers... Could go on for days.

All this would expand on a perfect blue print which is Project Reality and make it 5 times better than it, on a modern UE4 engine.

Edited by Rainmaker

Unless you can force gamma settings on all clients, who could still get around them anyway, I sincerely doubt we'll ever have night maps. 

Once they get the inventory system up and running, plus the mod community, we are going to see a ton of weapon sight/optic combos. At least, this is my prediction.

I agree with these little details adding lots to immersion. Believe it or not, there is actually a good bit you can do to modify your personal weapon in front line infantry battalions(provided your chain of command aren't ***).

51 minutes ago, LugNut said:

Unless you can force gamma settings on all clients, who could still get around them anyway, I sincerely doubt we'll ever have night maps. 

I've already tested it in the Unreal Editor and I'm pretty sure the only way to implement a completely legit night game would be to simulate it across the board with lighting. Ergo, everybody would have the NVG effect at all times.

Both the weapons and the telescopic viewers I see very few in the game, I do not ask personalization,just ask that, more variety, more content because the game promises.Since it is scarce in wepons and telescopic  sight.^_^

20 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I've already tested it in the Unreal Editor and I'm pretty sure the only way to implement a completely legit night game would be to simulate it across the board with lighting. Ergo, everybody would have the NVG effect at all times.

From a realism perspective, you could do if both sides were conventional forces. From a gameplay perspective, I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a mod just for variety regardless of the factions. Force NVG on everyone.