Sign in to follow this  
Tarka

Emplacement rotation and drag

It would be nice to be able to rotate or move already constructed emplacements.

Example you constructed SPG to cover one section, but you saw an enemy truck only 10deg to your left and you can't turn the SPG to that side, because of the arc limit. The only way would be to reconstruct the SPG, but in real life you could just simply just turn to left or right holding the tripod.

After rotation or drag it could take 5 - 10 artificial seconds to deploy it, but it should allow to cancel rotation at any time.

Should be able to just have it so that A and D rotate the entire thing slowly. Precise aiming with the mouse, and keyboard to rotate the entire emplacement.

19 hours ago, Tarka said:

It would be nice to be able to rotate or move already constructed emplacements.

Example you constructed SPG to cover one section, but you saw an enemy truck only 10deg to your left and you can't turn the SPG to that side, because of the arc limit. The only way would be to reconstruct the SPG, but in real life you could just simply just turn to left or right holding the tripod.

After rotation or drag it could take 5 - 10 artificial seconds to deploy it, but it should allow to cancel rotation at any time.

Would be nice if you could rotate object "Prior" to placement when in green-state (use mouse wheel to rotate) . I don't think you should be able to rotate after placement.

If it was just a tripod, I don't see why you couldn't, just don't make it super quick to do. 

12 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

Would be nice if you could rotate object "Prior" to placement when in green-state (use mouse wheel to rotate) . I don't think you should be able to rotate after placement.

yep. absolutely no movement after placement - you can't place it to cover every conceivable line of fire you(OP) wish to have. if something comes from an angle you cannot reach with that emplacement then too bad - deal with it, everyone else does.

7 hours ago, LugNut said:

If it was just a tripod, I don't see why you couldn't, just don't make it super quick to do. 

Yep. or just re-build the whole thing, like normal people would do.

On 16/07/2017 at 3:49 AM, Tarka said:

well i aint no mil'tary man, but i'd think in RL you would have to mess about a bit to shuffle a gun emplacement around, even if it's mounted on a tripod.