Steeve

Hi All It´s Steeve

Hi All.

I am new to Squad and I am looking forward to joining you in game, soon. If you have any tips or suggestions, please drop me a line.

Cheers for now

Steeve

Welcome in family buddy. 

Well one very good tip is basic knowledge about basic game mechanic. There is wiki. Link at top navigation. 

Definitely use mic and say hallo and that you are new. And also good is start with simple rifle. Yea and visit Firing range before game. There are some explanations. Walk around and read it. It will help you understand how game work and you will know all you need. 

Also many new players donnt know that you have right and left click for "stuff" Greenades left click upper hand. Right click lower hand. 

Left click with shovel. Build. Right click destroy. And so on. Many times I saw how soembody rebuild enemy HAB instead of remove it. 

Also at firing range you will get familiar with some basic shortcuts.

Than practical tips. Stay with your squad leader but keep good distance (not be one of those guys who dies all in one pack after one grenade) 

Stay low approach slow and rather survive than constantly respawn. Wait for medics and so on. 

So have a fun.

See you at field. 

Thank you for the helpful reply. 

I have been to the firing range, ready the manual, watched You Tube guides and some Twich streams and felt confident enough to enter a server, earlier.

I was welcomed to a squad and they were kind enough to allow me the space to move at my own pace and gave me tips as we played... Thanks to Swedish and the guys in the squad.

I look forward to getting to know the maps and to bettering my level of play to enable me to be  contributing to the game and the community.

Regards from Buenos Aires

Cant teach someone how to drive without putting them behind the wheel. 

Join a server, join a squad, stay next to the squad leader, open your map as often as you possibly can and try to have fun. The rest will come.