Smee

Raider Anti Tank

With the Raider class the  AT grenade still isn't doing any damage to  Styrker. Can we get little fix on that.  Do like the explosions you get off of the ammo box with it, and 4 Grens to kill a tech. bit much. 

Yeah, 1 AT grenade should be able to eventually destroy Humvees after taking some burn damage.

Considering how short-ranged these are, I'd say they should be doing a lot more damage to vehicles. Maybe 2 or 3 to kill a Humvee, 4 or 5 to kill Stryker.  IRL they're somewhat weaker than RPG rounds, but will still penetrate light armor no problem.

Pretty sure it's meant to be that way. Strykers are the heaviest armored vehicle in the game right now, as the devs said when they were released, this means even RPGs aren't very effective against them and bullets are the best way to take them down.

21 minutes ago, Maamyyra said:

Yeah, 1 AT grenade should be able to eventually destroy Humvees after taking some burn damage.

16 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

Considering how short-ranged these are, I'd say they should be doing a lot more damage to vehicles. Maybe 2 or 3 to kill a Humvee, 4 or 5 to kill Stryker.  IRL they're somewhat weaker than RPG rounds, but will still penetrate light armor no problem.

agree. I think they should buff IED too a bit to it will be able to destroy stryker

Edited by kirusha_love

25 minutes ago, Catindabox said:

Pretty sure it's meant to be that way. Strykers are the heaviest armored vehicle in the game right now, as the devs said when they were released, this means even RPGs aren't very effective against them and bullets are the best way to take them down.

Yeah, I agree it should be hard to take down, but not impossible. Currently I believe it takes 4 LAT hits, or 1 HAT and 1 LAT hit. Considering that AT grenades are much harder to use effectively than RPG, and that INS squads only have 1 Raider (as opposed to 2 LAT and maybe 1 HAT), I don't see much harm in making grenades do damage similar to LAT.

In fact, I believe the current situation where they don't do much damage is probably unintentional, possibly related to the nerf of AOE damage to vehicles. If I recall correctly, in the old versions where AT grenades sometimes worked, they were comparable to a LAT in damage.

Edited by tatzhit

19 minutes ago, kirusha_love said:

agree. I think they should buff IED too a bit to it will be able to destroy stryker

Honestly, the kinda IED shown in game (couple 82mm mortar rounds together) shouldn't do much to an armored vehicle. I think the damage is fine as it is, although it would be cool to see larger IEDs. Maybe have a "Heavy IED" guy, similar to a HAT?
I want to see bigger booms, kind of like Syrian warfare (below, like 3 min mark). Also now that FOBs are destructible, bigger IEDs would be a nice way for INS teams to start the assault.

15 minutes ago, tatzhit said:

Yeah, I agree it should be hard to take down, but not impossible. Currently I believe it takes 4 LAT hits, or 1 HAT and 1 LAT hit. Considering that AT grenades are much harder to use effectively than RPG, and that INS squads only have 1 Raider (as opposed to 2 LAT and maybe 1 HAT), I don't see much harm in making grenades do damage similar to LAT.

In fact, I believe the current situation where they don't do much damage is probably unintentional, possibly related to the nerf of AOE damage to vehicles. If I recall correctly, in the old versions where AT grenades sometimes worked, they were comparable to a LAT in damage.

In my experience it now only takes two HEAT RPG rounds, one HAT RPG round or a landmine to completely destroy a Stryker. A direct IED explosion on a full health Stryker takes it's health down to 10% but doesn't destroy it fully.

Just now, Zylfrax791 said:

In my experience it now only takes two HEAT RPG rounds, one HAT RPG round or a landmine to completely destroy a Stryker. A direct IED explosion on a full health Stryker takes it's health down to 10% but doesn't destroy it fully.

I'd be disappointed if they did reduce the amount health/RPGs it takes just to make it more like the BTR. It should be more armored.

Just now, Catindabox said:

I'd be disappointed if they did reduce the amount health/RPGs it takes just to make it more like the BTR. It should be more armored.

Honestly in real life a good solid HEAT RPG round would probably penetrate a Stryker and kill everyone from cooked off ammo anyway but for the purpose of gameplay two seems better. Also that Raider anti-tank grenade is pretty bitching but the range you can throw it is completely nerfed.

27 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly in real life a good solid HEAT RPG round would probably penetrate a Stryker and kill everyone from cooked off ammo anyway but for the purpose of gameplay two seems better. Also that Raider anti-tank grenade is pretty bitching but the range you can throw it is completely nerfed.

This link actually implies uparmored Strykers are very resistant to ancient RPG rounds used in Iraq. Also I don't think ammo cookoff would be such a problem for mere .50 cal armed Strykers. 

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/m1126-strykers-in-combat-experiences-lessons-01323/

15 hours ago, tatzhit said:

Honestly, the kinda IED shown in game (couple 82mm mortar rounds together) shouldn't do much to an armored vehicle. I think the damage is fine as it is, although it would be cool to see larger IEDs.

it is not about realism it is about balance

Edited by kirusha_love