FelipeFritschF

Transfer Squad Leader status to another squad member

I'm quite surprised I couldn't find anything like this.

I think we can all relate with times when we joined a squad with an unwilling Squad Leader, or one who didn't have the SL kit/class, or simply disconnected/crashed the game for whatever reason, thus leaving the squad disorganized. What I'm supposing is pretty simple: give the squad leader the option to transfer his Squad Leader status (but not his SL kit/class) to a player of his choice. This way, if such a situation arises, the current SL can simply click on the name whatever player is more willing or able to lead the squad, and simply click "Transfer SL status", and then people won't need to all leave the squad and come back in order for that person, a rather frustrating and time consuming process. In fact, PR has just added that in the form of a chat command, in fact I'm slightly surprised that didn't happen years ago. Maybe it was BF2's fault?

Added !givelead [player] chat command, to give squad lead to a player. Only works if player is in your squad and you are squad leader.

Which to be honest implementing it as an actual UI feature into Squad seems like a natural step forward to me.

Wait what. Uhhhh so much for this thread then?

Edited by FelipeFritschF

When SL press enter go to top left of the screen. Click the Roles to bring up the roster. Right click on the player name you want to promote to SL. Click Promote to SL.

Think it's more have it as static hovering so you can accept or decline, instead of just getting it.