kirusha_love

FOB ammo abuse

47 posts in this topic

After 9.6 you can put FOB, place ammo and reload your AT/GL/HAT, then you can just remove FOB and put new one to reload smth else. Will there FOB timer(10 min for example) to fix it or is it fine? Now it really brakes balance bcs 100 ammo is enough for reload HAT so you can just reload anywhere you want without any risk

P.S. move to feedback pls

Edited by kirusha_love

Hmm i guess the factions without real vehicles are happy cause of this, so they better can counter the farming crows.

My theory is that they've been so busy doing things for V10 (motion capture, ect.) that they didn't really think through some of the changes in this update. One being that the FOB placement is easily abusable and another prominent one is giving the rifleman the ability to place a sandbag rather than giving it an ammo crate that can only resupply twice and has a cooldown of 120 seconds. Makes a squad be able to get ammo, removes the abusability of the FOB ammo, done.

Hopefully placing a literal box like it would be is later replaced by an ammo sack and someone like an engineer would carry a larger sack that resupplies rockets and large explosives.

Edited by Catindabox

I think everyone is super duper wrong in every way for wanting Battlefield magic ammo boxes for every single rifleman.

My guess is that this is a multiple step thing that will evolve, maybe ending with a no points fob who knows.

We've been talking about this in the 9.6 feedback thread.

My reaction to both of these things (the idea that FOBs are abused now and that this can be fixed by giving riflemen ammo crates) is disbelief.

First: the 9.5 ammo crates were much more abusable because they were infinite, as opposed to only giving one resupply to one LAT. Sure, they took a bit longer to spawn, so what? A squad is usually assaulting a fixed objective.
Yes, there are squads who like to wander aimlessly around the backfield and ambush an occasional jeep, but IMO they're far less useful than squads that play the objective. 

Second: how is crate that needs a lone rifleman to be deployed LESS abusable that a crate that needs an SL and at least 2 soldiers?

PS. Also, the whole thing is much more easily fixed by spawning FOBs with no ammo, even though I think that's a solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist.

Edited by tatzhit

Ammo crates for riflemen are too OP. This will allow u to place 3 ammo crates every 120 sec, bcs usually u have 2-3 riflemen in squad. I advice to make some kind of FOB timer just like with rally point.

Just remove the starting supplies from the FOB and everything's fixed.

@tatzhit If you just get some practical experience, it will quickly become evident to you why the 9.6 FOBs are so much more abusable than the 9.5 FOBs. This isn't just people talking about this obvious issue as some high-level theoretical possibility, this is observable fact from just the one day that 9.6 has been out. You are just so out of touch with the meta, and you use excuses like "wandering aimlessly around the backfield" to ignore strategies and tactics that are the winning ones in both public and competitive Squad. When people are talking about this being an issue already, maybe you should just just take a step back and consider that maybe you're missing something here.

People, myself included, are making very good use of these abusable FOBs in 9.6, and that is simply a fact.

10 hours ago, kirusha_love said:

P.S. move to feedback pls

done

9 hours ago, Catindabox said:

giving the rifleman the ability to place a sandbag rather than giving it an ammo crate that can only resupply twice and has a cooldown of 120 seconds. Makes a squad be able to get ammo, removes the abusability of the FOB ammo, done.

THIS

THIS!

THIS!!!

It is really easy now to mine all main roads, without the need to fall back or the need for supply logistics. This makes ambush tactics way more effective, as you are pretty low profile. I like that, but i think it hurts the game.

Though the idea of ammo abuse or not could be an issue, are we playin a tactical fps, or a logistic simulation. Ammo should be a minor thing, you should be able take ammo from enemy, use their supply and from take from the downed.

Fob, rallies, deployables keep the game moving forward. Restricting just create unwanted meta.

8 minutes ago, Smee said:

Though the idea of ammo abuse or not could be an issue, are we playin a tactical fps, or a logistic simulation. Ammo should be a minor thing, you should be able take ammo from enemy, use their supply and from take from the downed.

Fob, rallies, deployables keep the game moving forward. Restricting just create unwanted meta.

It already is an issue, Smee. I do it constantly, others do it constantly. I can sit in the backfield with LAT ambushing vehicles all match and never have to go back for resupply. I don't have to drive back to a FOB to resupply, like in 9.5, which would leave me exposed while low on ammo. I can just jump out of the vehicle with my squad, drop a FOB, resupply, and remove it in under 30 seconds. Squads resupply on the move to the next objective without issue.

And Squad isn't just one thing. And it certainly isn't a tactical FPS. The narrowest definition I can think of is that it's a First-Person Strategy and Tactics game. Neither are our options here "Logistic Simulation" or "Magically Appearing Ammunition". 

You get resources for nothing. It materializes out of thin air. Everyone should be able to just agree that this shouldn't be a thing. Regardless of whether it's being abused or not.

Isn't that the point you can do what you want.  With the construction point you can magically produce a HMG, but you choose a ammo box. You will get to the point that your get bored making and removing fobs, just to supply the HAT. What I;'m seeing now is a lot more ammo boxes going down. 

There needs to be a settling period, will people be doing lots of it in the future. Know it got slim after one match. 

12 minutes ago, Smee said:

Isn't that the point you can do what you want.  With the construction point you can magically produce a HMG, but you choose a ammo box. You will get to the point that your get bored making and removing fobs, just to supply the HAT. What I;'m seeing now is a lot more ammo boxes going down. 

There needs to be a settling period, will people be doing lots of it in the future. Know it got slim after one match. 

What the hell are you even talking about, Smee? Why the hell would I ever place an HMG? It can only be active as long as the FOB is active, and the entire point is that you can just set up and tear down a FOB in 30(More like 20 now that I've timed it) seconds for ammo resupply. I'm not going to get bored of doing this, it's just 30 seconds, a lot less boring than waiting for FOB supplies to auto-generate in 9.5. I don't have to drive over to the peripheral areas of the map to place one, I don't have to drive back and forth, I can just dump it where I am and remove it. And you last sentence makes no sense, logically or grammatically.

Make a single sensible argument why there should be any resources on the FOB when you first place it.

I don't think it's too big of an issue. If an SL finds a spot to hide a radio 400m away from other radios, gets 2 squadmates to place it, takes the time to build an ammo crate, and then spends 45 sec undigging the radio afterwards, the amount of effort pretty much negates the couple extra HEAT rockets they get from it. I don't really care for the idea, but it's not very game breaking.

Edited by Sorta

Its there way of bringing the game in line with there plans.

They have thankfully stopped the lame process of dropping a fob and returning 10-mins later to a fully armed ready to go fob. Tbh I was sick of some games having 6-8 fobs dotted about the map, the fob spam was crazy and came with little thought behind there use. Now we will have a few months of people playing where they can only gain ammo all while getting the mindset that without supplying the fob there unable to build. Then in a future update remove remaining points making deploying a fob without a logistic truck totally useless. (like it should be)

Least that is how i hope it will go. 

1 minute ago, Sorta said:

I don't think it's too big of an issue. If an SL finds a spot to hide a radio 400m away from other radios, gets 2 squadmates to place it, takes the time to build an ammo crate, and then spends 45 sec undigging the radio afterwards, the amount of effort pretty much negates the couple extra HEAT rockets they get from it.

First of all, the entire process takes 20-30 seconds.

Secondly, you don't have to hide the FOB. You can drop it pretty much anywhere because you're just removing it afterwards.

Thirdly, you frequently operate more than 400m away from another FOB, it's not hard to find a spot.

Fourthly, the amount of effort involved is nothing compared to the reward. There literally is no effort. Especially for Heavy AT kits.

I am telling you this as someone who's exploiting this constantly, it is such an easier way to keep my squad supplied than in 9.5. In the last version, I spent much more time off the front line because there was so much more work related to keeping my squad supplied. Now I can simply dump the FOB where I am and dig it up again. In 9.5 I was always most exposed when I had to go to and from FOBs to resupply. Now that's not an issue. I kill 2-3 more vehicles now than I would have in 9.5 simply because I have such easy access to LAT resupply. I don't have to rely on my team for logistical support. I don't have to establish permanent rearming FOBs that I have to go to and from. I can simply build, tear down, and be combat effective in 30 seconds.

Just now, Tartantyco said:

First of all, the entire process takes 20-30 seconds.

Secondly, you don't have to hide the FOB. You can drop it pretty much anywhere because you're just removing it afterwards.

Thirdly, you frequently operate more than 400m away from another FOB, it's not hard to find a spot.

Fourthly, the amount of effort involved is nothing compared to the reward. There literally is no effort. Especially for Heavy AT kits.

I am telling you this as someone who's exploiting this constantly, it is such an easier way to keep my squad supplied than in 9.5. In the last version, I spent much more time off the front line because there was so much more work related to keeping my squad supplied. Now I can simply dump the FOB where I am and dig it up again. In 9.5 I was always most exposed when I had to go to and from FOBs to resupply. Now that's not an issue. I kill 2-3 more vehicles now than I would have in 9.5 simply because I have such easy access to LAT resupply. I don't have to rely on my team for logistical support. I don't have to establish permanent rearming FOBs that I have to go to and from. I can simply build, tear down, and be combat effective in 30 seconds.

what server are you 'exploiting this constantly' on? I wasn't even aware this was an issue until I saw it on the forums, but I play on NA servers.

Just now, Sorta said:

what server are you 'exploiting this constantly' on? I wasn't even aware this was an issue until I saw it on the forums, but I play on NA servers.

Mumblerines.

I dont think so its problem. Becuase who could think that in future Ammo creat will be possible to build at FOB ???? that is bulshit and rearm should come from true drop by logistic or vehicle with extra ammo. At least lLike in PR. so Atm just another step how to drill young members of community to become strong and ready for future. But in long term I see that its not important and complain now is waste of time. 

26 minutes ago, elerik said:

I dont think so its problem. Becuase who could think that in future Ammo creat will be possible to build at FOB ???? that is bulshit and rearm should come from true drop by logistic or vehicle with extra ammo. At least lLike in PR. so Atm just another step how to drill young members of community to become strong and ready for future. But in long term I see that its not important and complain now is waste of time. 

The future is irrelevant to the now. This is an easy fix, remove the starting resource points on placed FOBs. The issue vanishes.

3 minutes ago, Tartantyco said:

The future is irrelevant to the now. This is an easy fix, remove the starting resource points on placed FOBs. The issue vanishes.

This is too radical solution of problem. Squads must have opportunity to reload anywhere but not every 30s

Edited by kirusha_love

Just now, kirusha_love said:

This is too radical solution of problem. Squads must have opportunity to reload anywhere but not every 30s

No, they don't. If they want to reload, they can request logistical support. People survived without this in 9.5, they can survive it now.

Make ammo box cost 250, problem solved. 

I agree with Tarantyco. Don't have radios start with any points at all. This ammo box stuff is way too abuseable. Infinite FOBs and ammo boxes popping out of 3 guys doesn't make sense from gameplay or realism perspectives. 

Isn't it more that a full ammo box  loads only has room for 1 HAT round  , infantry supply shouldn't need massive amounts of logistic.