Scarish

9.11 - 9.6 Overlapping User Interface (UI), not able to lock Squad [fixed]

Monk   

Can confirm. Does not work for 1920x1200 too.

Whoever designed this thing forgot to implement upscaling/downscaling (what a noob!).

A.Hofer   

On resolution (highest i can set) 1680 x 1050 it is impossible for me to lock squad because the menu from the map gets layed over it, making the locker unable to click on.

please ... need solution.

beginna   

same issue here.
I already gave feedback on discord.

1680x1050 (16:10)

Spoiler

X3oJnBK.png

seems the UI aspect ratio is being scaled to vertical dimension instead of horizontal dimension.

edit:

modified title. more succinct.

beginna   

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/28377-it-is-not-possible-to-make-a-squad-closed/

2 hours ago, SaviorOfSouls said:

It is not possible to make a squad closed. Please see screenshot.

Screen resolution: 1920x1200

Please remove spaces from URL.

http:// s019.radikal. ru/i631/1707/59/f4539ba188d3.jpg

f4539ba188d3.jpg

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/28362-alpha-96-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=300146

29 minutes ago, GaWran said:

cant lock squad on 16:10 (1440x900) resolution here's an image from reddit u/Celimbrim

CptDirty   

That new spawn selection menu needs to be removed. I don't even use it + does not help new players learn the game properly in my opinion. 

jedd   
On 7/18/2017 at 9:23 PM, CptDirty said:

That new spawn selection menu needs to be removed. I don't even use it + does not help new players learn the game properly in my opinion. 

It is hard to put yourself in the shoes of someone new. How can you tell where they look and what they use? I remember being confused as hell on my first few games, and I only learned about the extra spawn time for rallies dozens of hours later. At least this info is there now. Better trust the game designers on this one.

Back to the topic: 1680*1050 here and this is obnoxious, also does anyone have trouble with the promote/kick menu? (Menu appearing on left click but not on right click, and disappearing before you can hover the right option) This appeared in 9.6 for me, and might be related to the UI overlapping.

CptDirty   

@jedd One would say that every update is almost like learning the game all over again. Almost.

Also, while we're on the topic, removing the less important spawn selection menu will liberate screen space. A game mechanic such as spawn availability that is easily learned within the first 10 hours of playing the game will prove to be quite literally without use afterwards. How can the game designers expect to target a mature playerbase with a feature such as spawn selection menu? I mean at a certain point we will have to stop holding their hands....

But hey that's my opinion. 

I'm running an older rig (i5-2500k, GTX 770, and a 1680x1050 monitor) and I'm having issues with the UI scale in game. Certain elements of the UI are overlapping each other.  One example is the spawn menu.  The map deployment points list is overlapping the squad member list, making it difficult to see player names. I'm also unable to ever kick a member from my squad. Not sure if this is related or not. Secondly, some of the text of the scoreboard is off screen. Look at the banner at top of screenshot. The word "Scoreboard" is off screen.

Map overlap issue:

vmbiswu.jpgu

Scoreboard text off screen:

cqWWmrm.jpg

Edited by SandSukka

Psyrus   
12 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Same, second image looks completely normal.

As far as I recall, my game doesn't say OREBOARD on the left :P 

Gatzby   

There is a fix coming to move the squad locking button around that should help here. =) 

Disco   
1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

There is a fix coming to move the squad locking button around that should help here. =) 

good to know, thx! That thing bugged me too...

Scarish   
On 05.09.2017 at 6:08 PM, Gatzby said:

Love you, guys! You're THE BEST!