Dls Samuel

Laptops that work with squad

Help looking for a laptop to play squad faster my current laptop is a l50 laptop Toshiba and the ram is 8gb but cpu and gpu are to slow I played squad two weeks ago I'm also looking for prices of mics that as good and will last a few years thanks in advance

The question's we need to know is what min FPS would you like in Squad and what sort of max budget you are wiling to spend then we can spec reasonably well for you mate.

I few weeks ago i connected external gpu on my thinkpad T420. eGPU was GTX760. Didn't try squad, but Project Reality is running on max amazingly. Yet something most people doesn't pay attention is thermal limitations with laptops. There is simply no way to avoid that. So even with PR, CPU was hot and I wouldn't feel comfortable to play more than one round which can last up to hour or so. In electronics, higher temperature means shorter life for your electronic components.

Anyway, that celeron N3050 is waaay to slow. You need to pay premium price to have ok CPU/GPU and still be mobile (it will be only OK, not amazing or great). You really need to state your price range.

There is other way around: you can invest ~1000 euros to buy second hand high end laptop with great CPU few years old (internal GPU will be poor so go with eGPU solution) but you can never escape thermal and/or noise limitations. You might think it's fine at the moment, but after few weeks you will get annoyed and sorry you didn't invest in desktop. And by stressing your laptop with squad, you will shorten it's life. Also, eGPU is not plug and play solutions and can get very funky sometimes.

Looking to spend any thing between 700 to 900 lookingbtobget in November so squad has time to optmaz the game I found a few laptops that should work as I've used the squad pc requirements in the qeb to test it I used my brother laptop agoes ago the gb ram was 8 gb and it installed squad fine but myvgame kept freezing so I'd be back at base and most g the squad was half way to poijtbon al basah its a Toshiba l50 laptop I don't mind if the game runs on minimum as long as it works and I can play the game to a standard that I can play fluently I'd also like information in a micohobe / ear phones to here and speak via the game I'd like it to have both ears sides so I don't get others talking near me ie family or friends and I can't hear them I'm looking to join a team to so I've got a few friends who like to play the game too but wouldnt squad lead  I would given time in the game to actually play say 100 or 50 hours so I get the grips of the game uch help would be grateful I thank you in advance

Does it really have to be a laptop, i would suggest to buy a desktop pc if you can, you will get much mor bang for your buck, believe me, every single one of my friends and brothers that bought laptops where disappointet after a year and bought desktops afterwards

generally the colourful ones are not so good. eg pink or aqua. 

A black laptop is more likely to run squad better but not in every case.

:P

Go intel, NOT AMD for squad. Any recent gfx card is problably fine if it can run recent games.

I understand that pc are better then laptops but if I'm away on say hoidlay I can't take a desktop with me I can take a laptop plus its the money names of pc or laptop that work tho would be great so I can research them what to you guys use to play squad and how good is it and how much did u pay UK pounds please

On 7/16/2017 at 7:48 AM, Disco said:

I few weeks ago i connected external gpu on my thinkpad T420...

I run squad on a 2013 macbook pro with an external GPU :)

You won't find any laptop for 700-900$ that will run Squad. Looks like 1100$ is an absolute minimum:

On 16/07/2017 at 1:56 PM, Dls Samuel said:

Looking to spend any thing between 700 to 900 lookingbtobget in November so squad has time to optmaz the game I found a few laptops that should work as I've used the squad pc requirements in the qeb to test it I used my brother laptop agoes ago the gb ram was 8 gb and it installed squad fine but myvgame kept freezing so I'd be back at base and most g the squad was half way to poijtbon al basah its a Toshiba l50 laptop I don't mind if the game runs on minimum as long as it works and I can play the game to a standard that I can play fluently I'd also like information in a micohobe / ear phones to here and speak via the game I'd like it to have both ears sides so I don't get others talking near me ie family or friends and I can't hear them I'm looking to join a team to so I've got a few friends who like to play the game too but wouldnt squad lead  I would given time in the game to actually play say 100 or 50 hours so I get the grips of the game uch help would be grateful I thank you in advance

We need to know what FPS you want in Squad before we can spec well for you.

Currently the game is heavily reliant on CPU IPC. One of the things mobiles generally have is mobile versions of CPU's that are not as strong as desktop versions. So weaker CPU, less FPS.

Due to this and the thermal limitation from laptop's regarding overclocking the CPU for better performance, it's very important you buy a laptop with a top spec CPU otherwise you simply will be disappointed.

The difference between a stable 30fps and 50fps via a laptop re Squad is huge re power required to deliver this performance.

OK on my brother tobisha l50 I git between 15 to 20 fps but keept frezzihg any thing the would run it smoothly with out it frezzing so like 30 fps to 40 would be good enough

4 minutes ago, Dls Samuel said:

OK on my brother tobisha l50 I git between 15 to 20 fps but keept frezzihg any thing the would run it smoothly with out it frezzing so like 30 fps to 40 would be good enough

Your looking at £1000-1200 for that kind of performance with any sort of future proofing I think.

1 minute ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Your looking at £1000-1200 for that kind of performance with any sort of future proofing I think.

Futrue proofing ? Thought they was making the game less cpu and gpu hardcore

26 minutes ago, Dls Samuel said:

Futrue proofing ? Thought they was making the game less cpu and gpu hardcore

Well they will be trying, but there is also additional features to go in and of course Squad can/will be modded so if you want to play those games you may well need more power, most likely.

Are you ok with used equipment, if so there's a couple of laptop specs that will play the game very well and within budget.

3 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Well they will be trying, but there is also additional features to go in and of course Squad can/will be modded so if you want to play those games you may well need more power, most likely.

Are you ok with used equipment, if so there's a couple of laptop specs that will play the game very well and within budget.

As long as I can play the game well I'll be happy would it be easier   cheaper getting cpu and gpu to add into a laptop say or just buy one with the correct gpu and cpu for game?

5 minutes ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Could you GH I've a list of the laptop/ pcs

On 17.7.2017. at 5:52 PM, SHO-SHIN said:

Feel free to pm me the list and I will happily take a look and try to help.

Gotta love this community...it's always nice to see moderators that are active and willing to help others. Keep the good work :)

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

Gotta love this community...it's always nice to see moderators that are active and willing to help others. Keep the good work :)

Yes 

I have just bought an alienware 13 r3 laptop. I got the cheapest variant (weakest parts). This can run squad, along with several other games (bf1, etc) on high-ultra settings. Squad runs relatively easy. 

2 minutes ago, Trevor larsen said:

I have just bought an alienware 13 r3 laptop. I got the cheapest variant (weakest parts). This can run squad, along with several other games (bf1, etc) on high-ultra settings. Squad runs relatively easy. 

Co how much etc where from I'm UK based let me know

1 minute ago, Dls Samuel said:

Co how much etc where from I'm UK based let me know

The original price is around 1050 dollars. It is a bit pricey, but dell puts on occasional sales. The lowest I've seen it was "$799". 

23 minutes ago, Trevor larsen said:

this one?

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-13-laptop/pd?oc=n00aw13r315&model_id=alienware-13-laptop

What sort of FPS and performance are you getting on full maps in Squad? Be very interested to know.

5 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

this one?

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-13-laptop/pd?oc=n00aw13r315&model_id=alienware-13-laptop

What sort of FPS and performance are you getting on full maps in Squad? Be very interested to know.

Yep. On ultra settings Im getting around 30-35 fps. Playable, but not the best. On high its 35-45 fps. Medium is 45-50 fps. Low is 55-70 fps. 

1 hour ago, Trevor larsen said:

Yep. On ultra settings Im getting around 30-35 fps. Playable, but not the best. On high its 35-45 fps. Medium is 45-50 fps. Low is 55-70 fps. 

Thats pretty impressive on that spec!