2 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

This is just common sense, it has nothing to do with me wanting to team kill anybody. You are missing the whole point...

You claimed that you got kicked/banned for teamkilling someone and tried to blame it on the claim system. I'm saying you deserved the kick/ban. Yes the claim system should be tweaked but it's no excuse to be teamkilling anyone.

1 minute ago, ZachTheGunner said:

You claimed that you got kicked/banned for teamkilling someone and tried to blame it on the claim system. I'm saying you deserved the kick/ban. Yes the claim system should be tweaked but it's no excuse to be teamkilling anyone.

LOL

Posted (edited)

Thats exactly what he is saying. The foundation of squad gameplay is based on teamplay between squads. That evening that squad leader who I shot in the face for taking that logistical technical after I claimed it decided to mess with the whole teams plan. Slowing our start progress by precious minutes at the start. Absoluely no comms from him during the planning, only after I shot him to take the vehicle back he started to cry on commanders red channels. 

If I started to search for Exodus admins, to fire up discord for login, then start to chat there it could take me 20 minutes. I do NOT spend 20 minutes of my evening like that after 14 hour work shift to report some 10 year old. I want to play right here and there with my friends and enjoy the game. The problem was solved with the headshot, but the admin made the bad decision and kicked me instead of him.

Now, the whole point is NOT the admin, or the server or his decision or admining. I can live with a kick or a ban, I got plenty of people I play with + our own server. The point of all this is, squad developers should change the claim system. And it a very simple change. Do not allow other squad leaders to take other squads claimed vehicles. And thats it.

Edited by Rainmaker

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Thats exactly what he is saying. The foundation of squad gameplay is based on teamplay between squads. That evening that squad leader who I shot in the face for taking that logistical technical after I claimed it decided to mess with the whole teams plan. Slowing our start progress by precious minutes at the start. Absoluely no comms from him during the planning, only after I shot him to take the vehicle back he started to cry on commanders red channels. 

If I started to search for Exodus admins, to fire up discord for login, then start to chat there it could take me 20 minutes. I do NOT spend 20 minutes of my evening like that after 14 hour shift to report some 10 year old. I want to play right here and there with my friends and enjoy the game. The problem was solved with the headshot, but the admin made the bad decision and kicked me instead of him.

Now, the whole point is NOT the admin, or the server or his decision or admining. I can live with a kick or a ban, I got plenty of people I play with + our own server. The point of all this is, squad developers should change the claim system. And it a very simple change. Do not allow other squad leaders take other squads claimed vehicles. And thats it.

As someone who plays SL, I sometimes require to claim an already claimed vehicle for good reasons. Let's say I'm SL1, and SL2 got shot out of a logi before he got the chance to drop the supplies on a FOB I just dropped. You're telling me I can't use his logi to drop supplies and keep the fight going?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

As someone who plays SL, I sometimes require to claim an already claimed vehicle for good reasons. Let's say I'm SL1, and SL2 got shot out of a logi before he got the chance to drop the supplies on a FOB I just dropped. You're telling me I can't use his logi to drop supplies and keep the fight going?

Sure you can but only by his approval through the map menu. Because its his vehicle, and he is taking care of it, its part of his unit.
Another small feature much needed.

Edited by Rainmaker

Vehicles should be requested by squads, and access to them decided or ceded by that squad. As long as they spawn all-access on the map, this problem will persist.

On 7/16/2017 at 3:13 PM, Tartantyco said:

Vehicles should be requested by squads, and access to them decided or ceded by that squad. As long as they spawn all-access on the map, this problem will persist.

Adding additional vehicles to all the maps would help immensely.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Adding additional vehicles to all the maps would help immensely.

too many vehicles at the same time is obviously a mistake, if you give a team 6 strykers, you can guarantee all 6 will be active at the same time more often than not. Having too few infantry relative to the number of vehicles on the map ruins the combined arms aspect, and wouldn't represent realistic or fun combat. Infantry are needed to cap most points, without enough infantry flags can be neglected and the responsibility of the few infantry is too much. You could also have shorter respawn times on vehicles, but that would take away part of the punishment associated with losing vehicles, the downtime.

Really I think claimed assets that are locked to certain squads is the best way to go very soon. It's just asinine that you can take a BTR-82, drive around with it for 30 minutes as the squad named "BTR-82", lose it, then johnny rando can solo it around 8 minutes later. It's like if you died and someone got to take squad leader role from you or something. It totally disrupts any semblance of organization, which just makes the game play less enjoyably. Squad thrives on organization, when players do not listen to squad leaders the game is a trash heap, when they do, it's brilliant.

Edited by 40mmrain