Gatzby

Release: Alpha Version 9.6

140 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Totally agree with this one... I would much rather see the basic rifleman carry ammo if the problem was lack of ammo in the field. I'm assuming it's a placeholder for now, so not a huge deal, but I will feel kind of weird deploying a radio (instant) then deploying ammo (instant), rearming 3-4 people, digging both up, doing it again, then making our way to the next objective... 

Aside from that though, great changes!

On the subject of ammo (and realism), why not implement drop ammo feature and take ammo from fallen compadre's? 

Great wörk, thank you Devs. I can't wait to play the new version, squad locking finally!

Hey we have 3 problems at the Sever  1  You cant Claim a Truck withe 1 Person  .    2  The Rifelman have no Sandback´s     3 we cant place a Fob

Edited by Tendor

7 hours ago, Arduras said:

That's the point, it takes time, lowers situational awareness and generally leaves you exposed and noisy. It's fine how it is. Besides, the majority of players aren't competent or organized enough to keep everything supplied they barely manage to do it on a few servers as is lol.

Players were able to survive without it so far, so the "competent or organized enough" excuse is worthless. And I'm not going to be "exposed" when I drive my LAT gunner into the woods and quickly dump a FOB for him to rearm on. And I will do this, because I already do this in 9.5. The devs have practically given me unlimited and on-demand ammunition.

Yo guys, did you fix that super annoying Squad menu bug where you couldn't kick anyone  because of the map that overlaps that option?

EDIT: Seriously, how is this still not fixed? It has been years. >.> UabNxhk.png

can't even lock the squad, end me now, not everyone is baging with a huge-ass monitors, what about the laptop gamers etc?

Edited by Marijuanoz

This will do until "The Mother Of All Updates" V10.

I must agree with some,I would have preferred to see Rifleman carry ammo (Remember over a Year ago,this being talked about).

Lovely stufff chaps.

8 hours ago, Dls Samuel said:

In narva there is castle it says onaonaps wiki

Cheers, will look out for it.

I actually like the rifleman being able to put sandbags down.

Edited by Daytrader

1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

Players were able to survive without it so far, so the "competent or organized enough" excuse is worthless. And I'm not going to be "exposed" when I drive my LAT gunner into the woods and quickly dump a FOB for him to rearm on. And I will do this, because I already do this in 9.5. The devs have practically given me unlimited and on-demand ammunition.

They also had self arming FOBS, which is done. If you don't bother digging up that FOB it becomes a hindrance. No more dumping FOBs everywhere and waiting 5min for a bunch of emplaced spawns to pop up.

4 hours ago, ZachTheGunner said:

This update looks amazing. This is the kind of update I've been waiting for. More strategy and teamwork! And Narva looks to be a nice big map, my favorite.

Their be nobteam work with locked squads

Can't place FOB - No Sand bags - No Claim change. 4 Servers Squadfrance. Or are we doing something wrong?

Great update, OWI! I'm excited to see it in action!

10 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Should remove all resources from the FOB. Now you're going to have people dumping FOBs and ammo crates, then digging them up to rearm in the middle of nowhere with no logistical support.

Yeah, I second this. It sort of makes the kit resupply/request cost slightly redundant as well, since you can simply take down and establish new FOBs willy-nilly. It hasn't really eliminated the equipment spamming, just made it a bit more inconvenient (which I assume was partly the reason for implementing it).

To add, the FOB (and the RP) should also be a deployable that needs to be built. Those two are the only deployables which posits an entirely different placement rule from the rest. Why is that? I reckon simplicity and cooperation, but it could be argued that it rather complicates more. If you instead keep them part of the overall material placement rule (needs to be built), the logic would be more consistent and you wouldn't need an extra layer of rules to remember - except that only an SL can and is required to place it, and that it needs to be built. It would seem that it removes the artificial dependence of the in-proximity rule, and raises a more essential, physical, and vulnerable dependence (between SLs and SMs). And, well, it's actually simpler. But hey, I might be wrong!

1 hour ago, Marijuanoz said:

Yo guys, did you fix that super annoying Squad menu bug where you couldn't kick anyone  because of the map that overlaps that option?

EDIT: Seriously, how is this still not fixed? It has been years. >.> UabNxhk.png

can't even lock the squad, end me now, not everyone is baging with a huge-ass monitors, what about the laptop gamers etc?

Good locked squads should be allowed its it team work you could however gave it so u have 12 members in a squad and after 6 it locked for fire team one then 6 more join as fire team b and sl selects a fire team leader

43 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Cheers, will look out for it.

I actually like the rifleman being able to put sandbags down.

Didn't see it in para plays look around tho

7 minutes ago, Lutz_Persn said:

Great update, OWI! I'm excited to see it in action!

Yeah, I second this. It sort of makes the kit resupply/request cost slightly redundant as well, since you can simply take down and establish new FOBs willy-nilly. It hasn't really eliminated the equipment spamming, just made it a bit more inconvenient (which I assume was partly the reason for implementing it).

To add, the FOB (and the RP) should also be a deployable that needs to be built. Those two are the only deployables which posits an entirely different placement rule from the rest. Why is that? I reckon simplicity and cooperation, but it could be argued that it rather complicates more. If you instead keep them part of the overall material placement rule (needs to be built), the logic would be more consistent and you wouldn't need an extra layer of rules to remember - except that only an SL can and is required to place it, and that it needs to be built. It would seem that it removes the artificial dependence of the in-proximity rule, and raises a more essential, physical, and vulnerable dependence (between SLs and SMs). And, well, it's actually simpler. But hey, I might be wrong!

They could make it so each squad leader has only one fob he can only replace it when it goes don't or after a 5 min cool down so each squad has the ability to place a fob and each squad would have to then team work together are squads defending and attacking and where each squads base is so if alpha had a fob in delta 5 only his squads and the brother squad bravo could respwan there this means that squads would be buddyed up as in real life 3 squads make a seciotn two sections make a platoon and in each squad you could have roreteams of 6 and 6 members leader by sl and ftl a ftl could place a FTP fireteam rally for 6 members could also improve rally points as they do now this was it is to USA and UK army standards of units and sub units of course for military and insurgents a minum if 3 members or 4 sl medic radier/fighter and rgp 

Then bigger squads as most forces like these attcke in waves of a partol then larger forces with ied at front and a new role could be add to be bomber in cars only adost maos have civilian cars empty could be used limited to one car bomber per squad and used once only this means ambush would be better and teamwork on both sides would have to be better on a first maps I have played on squad leaders don't talk to each other

4 minutes ago, Dls Samuel said:

They could make it so each squad leader has only one fob he can only replace it when it goes don't or after a 5 min cool down so each squad has the ability to place a fob and each squad would have to then team work together are squads defending and attacking and where each squads base is so if alpha had a fob in delta 5 only his squads and the brother squad bravo could respwan there this means that squads would be buddyed up as in real life 3 squads make a seciotn two sections make a platoon and in each squad you could have roreteams of 6 and 6 members leader by sl and ftl a ftl could place a FTP fireteam rally for 6 members could also improve rally points as they do now this was it is to USA and UK army standards of units and sub units of course for military and insurgents a minum if 3 members or 4 sl medic radier/fighter and rgp 

Then bigger squads as most forces like these attcke in waves of a partol then larger forces with ied at front and a new role could be add to be bomber in cars only adost maos have civilian cars empty could be used limited to one car bomber per squad and used once only this means ambush would be better and teamwork on both sides would have to be better on a first maps I have played on squad leaders don't talk to each other

Here you go, buddy. Those are for you:   .............................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can two riflemen stack their sandbags to make a pillbox wall with peaky holes? If not pls add that would be sick.

1 hour ago, Arduras said:

They also had self arming FOBS, which is done. If you don't bother digging up that FOB it becomes a hindrance. No more dumping FOBs everywhere and waiting 5min for a bunch of emplaced spawns to pop up.

Arduras, your argument here only makes sense if I was arguing for auto-generating resources, which I am obviously not. I have no idea why you're even arguing this, it sounds like you're in favor of exactly the same thing I am.

This is the fact: It is now easier for player far away from any logistical support to resupply. It is actually easier to do in 9.6 than in 9.5. I can place a FOB, drop an ammo crate, and resupply a LAT in less time than it would take in 9.5 to drop a FOB and wait for enough supplies for an infinite ammo crate. And I can repeat this process over and over in the same spot or on the move.

In 9.5 I had to actually drop a FOB, either wait for 300 supplies or come back later. Then I'd have to travel to and from that FOB to resupply. Now, I can just stop in the middle of nowhere and drop/takedown/drop/etc. until resupplied. I don't have to travel to and from a fixed location, risking detection and destruction while low on ammo. I can just do it right then and there.

Right now, if you have no logistics available to you, there's literally no harm in you doing the same thing on an objective, either. You'll set up a FOB there eventually so you're not blocking anything, you're not losing any tickets by setting up and taking down FOBs, so you have instant resupply anywhere there's no logistical support(And where you have logistical support, you have supplies anyway). Not as helpful as the infinite ammo crates in 9.5, but hardly a crippling situation.

This was just a poorly thought out decision by the devs, and I hope they remove ALL resources from placed FOBs in a hotfix soon.

5 hours ago, Pvt. Lewis said:

Thanks for the update. The only thing that really bothers me is the new hud icon showing your stance. Seems pretty unnecessary and not worth breaking immersion by having another thing on the hud. The best option would be for us to have the option to toggle all hud aspects via the options screen. Darkest hour/red orchestra did this well. If you wanted you could remove all hud in that game and even select certain hud features to toggle. 

Thanks for the hard work.  

Yes do not add anymore shit to the HUD! Or if you are going to add something make it smaller and temporary so it fades away after a while

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Here you go, buddy. Those are for you:   .............................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have delxesria

hideable HUD elements should hopefully come - I dont need to have a icon telling me if im stood up or not, id rather have the option to turn it off. If you need/want it thats totally cool, but hopefully give us options as to how much information we are spoonfed. 

Just now, IINAYDOGII said:

hideable HUD elements should hopefully come

I'm with you, man! A more dynamic and customizable HUD seems appropriate. And there really is no reason to not implement flexible HUD customization options, if there are enough resources to do so, of course.

14 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Should remove all resources from the FOB. Now you're going to have people dumping FOBs and ammo crates, then digging them up to rearm in the middle of nowhere with no logistical support.

I was much easier in previous versions with FOB points generation and free rearming, and pretty much nobody was doing that even back then. Non-issue.

2 hours ago, Tartantyco said:

Arduras, your argument here only makes sense if I was arguing for auto-generating resources, which I am obviously not. I have no idea why you're even arguing this, it sounds like you're in favor of exactly the same thing I am.

This is the fact: It is now easier for player far away from any logistical support to resupply. It is actually easier to do in 9.6 than in 9.5. I can place a FOB, drop an ammo crate, and resupply a LAT in less time than it would take in 9.5 to drop a FOB and wait for enough supplies for an infinite ammo crate. And I can repeat this process over and over in the same spot or on the move.

In 9.5 I had to actually drop a FOB, either wait for 300 supplies or come back later. Then I'd have to travel to and from that FOB to resupply. Now, I can just stop in the middle of nowhere and drop/takedown/drop/etc. until resupplied. I don't have to travel to and from a fixed location, risking detection and destruction while low on ammo. I can just do it right then and there.

Right now, if you have no logistics available to you, there's literally no harm in you doing the same thing on an objective, either. You'll set up a FOB there eventually so you're not blocking anything, you're not losing any tickets by setting up and taking down FOBs, so you have instant resupply anywhere there's no logistical support(And where you have logistical support, you have supplies anyway). Not as helpful as the infinite ammo crates in 9.5, but hardly a crippling situation.

This was just a poorly thought out decision by the devs, and I hope they remove ALL resources from placed FOBs in a hotfix soon.

If I'm reading the patch notes correctly, you only get one LAT resupply from a FOB like that (100 ammo points per FOB).
So, at least 3 people working together and spending a couple minutes to get a a few rockets for one guy while blocking friendly FOBs in vicinity and risking ticket loss? Non-issue.

Not to mention any relevant objective will likely already have a FOB on it, meaning that this tactic is impossible anywhere but the non-contested areas of the map. I'd say the on-demand HMG would be a bigger issue than the low-supply ammo crate, but even that was far easier in 9.5 and people still didn't do it.

Edited by tatzhit