Grimesy

High Network Usage/Throughput

Grimesy   

Hi There,

We have recently been approved to be a licensed server which is awesome, thank you very much! What comes with that, instantly, is lots of players (which is great!) One thing I have noticed is that when the server is busy, the network throughput is very high. Now some of you may say thats normal but the amount of transferred data in and out seems a lot. attached is a screenshot of the last 24 hours for my server which was fairly busy (64 slots). What are your thoughts?

oAjqboC.png

Psyrus   

Each dot represents an hour, so the max was 2.2gb out per hour, that's around 5Mbps sustained at 64 players. Therefore replication is roughly 64-80Kbps per player. My old bf2 pr server took an average of 85 Kbps without voip, so I'd say squad is pretty lightweight by comparison since that figure includes the voip I assume?

Grimesy   

Does include VoIP yes.

This is my first time hosting a game server of this size so I just wanted to check. You explained it clearly and as you say it seems lightweight/normal.

Thanks for the reply.

char0n   

People have reported something around 7TB per month on a rather steadily populated 80 slot.

Mine aren't 24/7 populated, but something between 50 and 80GB per day and server are to be expected.