Sign in to follow this  
FunkAngel

What screen capture program to use?

The fps in Squad is low, just 30fps after the land battle version came. But I want to record my game video with at least 720p to upload to YouTube. I tried FRAPS but it decrease the fps to aroud 20 especially in those villages where there are a lot of buildings. But in that night map the fps is okay around 40 fps.  So, is there any screen capture software i can use to keep a stable fps?

The critical issue is the bad optimization. BF4 has a better output frame rate and physical destroy effect with the same number of players which is 64 as in Squad. However, I can get around 70 to 90 fps in most BF4 map with 100% resolution and default setting of high graphics. Squad's fps the half of BF4's.

On 11.07.2017 at 4:28 AM, Fullynuts said:

The critical issue is the bad optimization. BF4 has a better output frame rate and physical destroy effect with the same number of players which is 64 as in Squad. However, I can get around 70 to 90 fps in most BF4 map with 100% resolution and default setting of high graphics. Squad's fps the half of BF4's.

It's just squad engine optimalisation fault. It works like prehistoric tool, using 1 (?) core in 2017? I have no idea how bad it is as squad looks like Ghost Recon 1 ... I would be delighted if at any point devs manage to get such performance and good looking graph as Battlefield provides. 

4 hours ago, PadrePadre said:

It's just squad engine optimalisation fault. It works like prehistoric tool, using 1 (?) core in 2017? I have no idea how bad it is as squad looks like Ghost Recon 1 ... I would be delighted if at any point devs manage to get such performance and good looking graph as Battlefield provides. 

It's using UE4 if you haven't checked or don't have a clue what it is.  UE4 is being used for tons of triple AAA titles in 2017, and will be used in the coming years. Also the frostbite engine that bf4 uses is not a nice engine to work with, and if the devs would have chosen that engine nothing would of gotten done. Please do a little research before saying things.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:12 PM, FunkAngel said:

The fps in Squad is low, just 30fps after the land battle version came. But I want to record my game video with at least 720p to upload to YouTube. I tried FRAPS but it decrease the fps to aroud 20 especially in those villages where there are a lot of buildings. But in that night map the fps is okay around 40 fps.  So, is there any screen capture software i can use to keep a stable fps?

If you have an nvidia card i highly reccommend Shadowplay. It's a recording software that runs really smooth and has very low usage. If you have an AMD card they have there own software, it isn't as nice as Nvidia. If none of those options are usable, you can try OBS with a low encoder settings, but it will definitely use a lot of resources.

Edited by godamntwitch

@godamntwitch - I've did research, I know what UT4 can offer and I still think that for such looking game as Squad its performance and especially how it uses multicore CPUs is far behind expectations of what it should run. 

Two of my friends refunded Squad on steam, just because of its engine performance.

If you can play BF4 with 64 players on map in 80-100 fps, the performance of Squad engine can be a shock.

Sad but true. 

CptDirty   

I'm using shadowplay with my GTX 1060 (6GB). No performance hit, or very little, and I record 1080p/60fps. I also have an avermedia capture card but it's defective :(  

1 hour ago, PadrePadre said:

@godamntwitch - I've did research, I know what UT4 can offer and I still think that for such looking game as Squad its performance and especially how it uses multicore CPUs is far behind expectations of what it should run. 

Two of my friends refunded Squad on steam, just because of its engine performance.

If you can play BF4 with 64 players on map in 80-100 fps, the performance of Squad engine can be a shock.

Sad but true. 

That doesn't mean anything. Just because a studio like Dice can use an engine like frostbite to achieve 100fps it DOESN'T MEAN the engine is good. It means they poured a lot of work on top of the base engine to get to where there at. What UE4 provides is a great baseline and tools to work off of. It's up to the devs to multithread there code and work. It's NOT THE ENGINE.Also there's no way to multithread the game thread without using new api's like dx12 or vulkan. But still a lot of things can. Also UE4 is one of the only engines that is "USED" by AAA studios and at the same time provides its source code for free. Could you find me an engine that does that? Even if we compare games we have to compare it to studios that are remotely close in size. SO lets compare the performance of Gears of war 4 to Bf1/bf4. . You will see Gears of war 4 run amazing, and maybe even better. Please stop  posting on the forums without researching a little bit. Thanks <3

Edited by godamntwitch

On 2017/7/11 at 10:28 AM, Fullynuts said:

I searched a lot and compare some i have ever used these days. Until now I think fraps http://www.fraps.com/ and Camtasia ( whose output is camproj http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/camproj-to-mp4.html) are the top 2 best screen capturer. Fraps generated far bigger video size which is bad but the frame rate is stable no matter in the video or during gamplay. Camtasia is better at video editing after you capture a segment of gameplay.

On 2017/7/14 at 2:50 AM, godamntwitch said:

It's using UE4 if you haven't checked or don't have a clue what it is.  UE4 is being used for tons of triple AAA titles in 2017, and will be used in the coming years. Also the frostbite engine that bf4 uses is not a nice engine to work with, and if the devs would have chosen that engine nothing would of gotten done. Please do a little research before saying things.

If you have an nvidia card i highly reccommend Shadowplay. It's a recording software that runs really smooth and has very low usage. If you have an AMD card they have there own software, it isn't as nice as Nvidia. If none of those options are usable, you can try OBS with a low encoder settings, but it will definitely use a lot of resources.

no, mine is nvidia 970m but as far as i know the shadowplay does not support laptop

7 hours ago, Fullynuts said:

I searched a lot and compare some i have ever used these days. Until now I think fraps http://www.fraps.com/ and Camtasia ( whose output is camproj http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/camproj-to-mp4.html) are the top 2 best screen capturer. Fraps generated far bigger video size which is bad but the frame rate is stable no matter in the video or during gamplay. Camtasia is better at video editing after you capture a segment of gameplay.

no, mine is nvidia 970m but as far as i know the shadowplay does not support laptop

Under the nvidia page  it says it does. 

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-970m/specifications