ACrispyTaco

Suggestion - Objectives & Rushing

I've been suffering through a lot of games lately where 1 side rushes Base #1 or #2 on the enemy side and completely ruins up the match. Win or lose the match isn't fun. The main problem I feel is that you can see where the enemy objectives are so you know where the enemy are going to be. If you can remove a team's ability to see where ALL the enemy objectives are you remove that teams ability to Rush and "cheese" the enemy and ruin the match. These 2 suggestions below should fix this entirely. You can still rush and make aggressive forward FOBs, however you just won't know exactly where the enemy objectives are in relation to where you're placing it. 

1.) Random Objective locations every map. 

2.) You cannot see any objective past the one your team must Capture.

Edited by ACrispyTaco
a word

CptDirty   

There are "no rush" servers you can play on.

Also, revealing the objectives one at a time in hopes of preventing a rush will make the game linear which is what a lot of people are against. I doubt if it would be even possible to accomplish such a thing without a performance hit on the server.

It sounds to me like you got handed the short straw several times where the enemy rushed you. It sucks man I've been there and did it too lol. In my opinion it has to do with poor Squad Leaders. 

10 hours ago, CptDirty said:

There are "no rush" servers you can play on.

---- That is a bandaid for a larger issue

Also, revealing the objectives one at a time in hopes of preventing a rush will make the game linear which is what a lot of people are against. I doubt if it would be even possible to accomplish such a thing without a performance hit on the server.

---- You can still rush all you want. You just wont know exactly where to place the FOB to cheese your enemy.

It sounds to me like you got handed the short straw several times where the enemy rushed you. It sucks man I've been there and did it too lol. In my opinion it has to do with poor Squad Leaders. 

---- It has to do with a lot of things. Mainly 1.) knowing where your enemy will be going 2.) Asymmetrical maps/factions that lead to unforeseeable game breaking imbalances. Your options at this point are either Rush them back and sit with your dicks in your hand in a boring drawn out slow game or you Death ball around together hoping that you can beat their defence when you finally find where they FOB rushed. 

My suggestions do not make anything "linear" though, all it does is remove most of the ability to cheese the enemy and ruin the match. You can still rush and make aggressive FOBs, you just won't know where the enemy objectives are unless you're connected to it directly with your Objective. Also there would be 0 performance hit to the server. All you need to do is add an Alpha Layer to the Enemy Objectives that you are not connected to. That way they are invisible then you can remove that Alpha Layer once your team connects the Objectives together.

Edited by ACrispyTaco

I like this idea. And it's not a linear game then. Sure it has to be an additional gamemode but it sounds cool. And BTW even on that "no rush server's" the rush happen. Also randomize flags/objectives is pretty cool and gives the game more variations and more tactical awareness. It's not a "who rush better wins the game" then.

And about the poor SL's saying, this is just the half story. On the other hand I saw some kind of teamstacking where a whole clan is dominating one team.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk

CptDirty   

@Jaghammer I think it should be added as another game mode. The current modes (AAS/INV) work just fine for me and help contribute to a better cohesive gameplay as you I get to learn from my mistakes. Also when something works I can re-apply the same tactic and methods to the next time I will be playing on that map.

58 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

@Jaghammer I think it should be added as another game mode. The current modes (AAS/INV) work just fine for me and help contribute to a better cohesive gameplay as you I get to learn from my mistakes. Also when something works I can re-apply the same tactic and methods to the next time I will be playing on that map.

The only thing you gain from the current system is you get to cheese your enemy. Everything you mentioned, better cohesion, learning from mistakes all can be achieved through the changes I suggested as well. It's not like you will never have better cohesion or learn from mistakes simply because you can't rush an enemy base to cheese the enemy team. Seeing where enemy bases are before they are even relevant to your team does nothing but allow these kind of match breaking tactics to exist in the first place. The only objective your team should know or care about are the ones directly connected to your Defensive Objective. 

I've played several Al Basrah rounds where Americans never capped Village and INS couldn't take Refinery either. Those were fun rounds so I don't understand what all the fuss is about with rushing. As far as I'm concerned gameplay is permitted anywhere on the map at any time otherwise it's simply just another linear FPS where you are in a virtual cattle corral being herded from one objective to another. Dumb.

It's this unpredictability combined with the opportunity for long flanking that separates Squad from every other garbage shooter like Insurgency for example. This is why I take a real dim view of servers imposing this contrived "no rush" rule because its counter to the intentions of the devs.

You could have a game mode where you have to take the first objective then after that it's up to the players what flag/ point to take if team a has more points b team then thatbteam bleedabtickets that way all squads have to take and hold a point

embecmom   

agree with Zylfrax its part of the game.. being rushed on a flag is not as bad as it seems.. a) they have no fob to speak off so they are only relying on rally points.. so cover routes into them to stop supply, b) there is at least one or two squads from the other side now pushed onto a rush.. means that they are vulnerable elsewhere eon the map... it also makes for intense fire fights...   the main issue is that the team that has been rushed tried to do the same thing and left 1 or 2 men to capture a single flag and then no one backs up.. infact if you actually capture the flags in a linear manner with two squads at a time it tends to stop a rush in its tracks.

CptDirty   

Also, if an enemy team rushes your first objective and you kill them all it's a pretty big blow. Considering they probably used vehicles and a logi that's huge!