I would like to initiate a discussion of specific infantry and combined arms tactics. There are so many different topics to discuss, and I don't really know where to start, so I'm just gonna dive right in (I am fairly new, I am looking for your insights). I would love to see a full treatment of most tactical situations in order to better the knowledge base of all players, so I'm just gonna list some.

After each situation, the question I am asking is essentially what do you do?

1. Your squad has moved into a small village with sparse forest and hills surrounding it. You start taking light fire from the treeline and hills. There isn't much danger of a full wipe, but people will get hit.

2. Your squad is moving through a sparse forest/hills area and starts taking light fire from an unknown source. Once again, not much danger of a full wipe, but people will get hit.

3. The last two situations, however this time it is heavy fire. There is serious danger of a full wipe.

4. Your squad has successfully made it to a village/compound where you believe enemies are inside. No contact has been made yet.

5. Number 4 but light contact has been made.

6. Number 4 but heavy contact.

7. You are holding a village/compound with no contact.

8. 7 but with light contact.

9. 7 but with heavy contact.

There's many more I can think of but I'm getting tired of typing.

darricks   

hello,

our team is working with combat group of 6 men (sometimes 8) who work in 3x3 (25-50-100m spread between each team depending of the map) 

we dont often defend position without reason (we dont stay on flag without shield/sword on it) 

Case 1 : 

If there is some house, we will be inside them. 

We have always 1 team in one building covering a specific direction (South east west) and an other one covering the over side and crossing fire with them (north east west) 

Considering if we are not moving, it means we are on a shield/sword flag, nothing is going to move, we will stay and supress ligthly 

I dont pratice "defense from outisde", i want my men to have the less death possible, so i will put no one too far so it wont be reach by my medics, i want to save as many tickets as i can for my team 

Case 2 :

It will depend of the mission

If we are moving to attack a flag, i will screen with smoke and move back, my position is now know, so even if i deal with this danger, the ennemy on the flag will know my attack side and it will be stupid to keep pushing

if we are moving to defend a flag, it doesnt matter the ennmy know my direction, u are moving to a defensive flag for two reason :

-in early to defend it from the start until u can move to the next attack flag (so you are not going to meet a lot of ennemies :))

-when u have to fallback cause the defending allied have been wiped 

So i will deal with this danger at any cost using on of my team for fixing the threat and one for flanking (which is our basic automatised move) 

Case 1 with Heavy fire :

same story 

Case 2 with Heavy fire : 

Will defenitively leave one team to hold and one to fall back, so i can set a new rally point to completly change my attack side and let the ennemy think they have cleaned us

If by miracle my 3 men are able to deal with the threat, i order them to keep moving until they die, so the ennemy will still focus on this side and offer me to flank from a different direction

Case 4 :

Well, if its not a defending / attacking flag, I wont really give a shit about it except if we know there is an FOB inside 
If i have to attack or defend it cause its the area of a flag, no choice, i must enter, so it will be a supress fire from one team and a grenade + breach from the other one during the shot are attracting the ennemy in the wrong direction. 

We are playing milsim, but we dont go too far, so no "realistic building cleaning", we just do it the CSGO way with more serious 

Case 5 : 

Same story, but if i can offer some support from mortar or APC, will take it 

I dont negotiate flag anyway, my team got it or we all die trying until we made it 

The only execption is, if ennemies are spawning like retard cause they made an FOB on it and if its not a flag who will give ticket bleed to ennemies, i will prefer hold it from outside and farm all the no head chiken leaving it

Case 6 : 

Same story 

Case 7 : 

The FSP will hold anyway

Case 8 : 

so

Well, no much to do, same story than case 1 

Case 8 : 

We tend to sing, we always reach a point where we have no bullet and i must defend myself with my ****ing makarov, so we sing until the last of us die

Here a very old video i've made where i barely answer several of your question : 

Edited by darricks

Awesome response! I think I could definitely benefit a whole lot from thinking more about flanking as well as remembering that the squad is highly mobile and does not need to (nor should) engage threats unless it is for cap/defense purposes.

darricks   
13 minutes ago, Legalize Gluten said:

Awesome response! I think I could definitely benefit a whole lot from thinking more about flanking as well as remembering that the squad is highly mobile and does not need to (nor should) engage threats unless it is for cap/defense purposes.

I have some over video, i only made it for myself so u cant find them by yourself, but they show what i'm explaining : 

On the 2nd video u can clearly see the 2 team doing what i've said just before, and its always funny moving past ennemies who dont notice you 

Edited by darricks