so right now i'm running on

processor: core i3 6100

Gpu :Asus 1050ti oc 4gb gddr 5

psu: NZXT HALE82 750W

mobo:asus h110m-k

ram:hyper x ddr4 2133 mhz

im planning to upgrade to

processor: core i7 6700k

mobo: asus h110m-k (which is LGA-1151 ATX)

ram:G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

are these compatible? like can the mobo take the ram and the processor?

(if not ineed your suggestions! thanks)

RAM and motherboard aren't compatible, but RAM isn't the issue - your motherboard is. With H110 you can't overlock your CPU at all, you should buy a Z170 motherboard which will be compatible with that RAM and you can overclock your CPU on it. You'll also need to buy a CPU cooler as the 6700k doesn't come with a stock one.

1 hour ago, banOkay said:

RAM and motherboard aren't compatible, but RAM isn't the issue - your motherboard is. With H110 you can't overlock your CPU at all, you should buy a Z170 motherboard which will be compatible with that RAM and you can overclock your CPU on it. You'll also need to buy a CPU cooler as the 6700k doesn't come with a stock one.

Sorry i copy pasted the wrong mobo on my upgrade list

Im planning to buy rog strix z270-g lga 1151 is it compatible? And alse can i use my standard cpu fan that im using right now on my i3 6100 for the i7?

Thank great info

15 minutes ago, tweak by one said:

Sorry i copy pasted the wrong mobo on my upgrade list

Im planning to buy rog strix z270-g lga 1151 is it compatible? And alse can i use my standard cpu fan that im using right now on my i3 6100 for the i7?

Thank great info

it's compatible with that motherboard yes. Your CPU fan should also work. You'll need a better cooler when you overclock, but stock should work somewhat fine.

On 7/6/2017 at 11:09 PM, banOkay said:

it's compatible with that motherboard yes. Your CPU fan should also work. You'll need a better cooler when you overclock, but stock should work somewhat fine.

So if buy the ram that iwanr two of that it would work fine?