Wagners

SQUAD - Gaming PC Build Help!

Hey folks, 

I have been playing Squad for some time on my absolute shocking laptop - I achieve about 10fps at best on absolutely pathetic settings. Love the game and the team work which is why I persist - despite my laptop crashing and overheating sometimes. 

However, the reason for my post is that I am looking to finally put my money where my mouth is and build a system specifically for this game, I am trying to do it on a budget (who isn't these days). 

I have put this together - can any of you savvy folks help me to know where I can save some money and still achieve 60FPS and proof it for future updates. I have been playing with it and knocked off some money already, want to try and get sub £1k if I can but without compromising performance. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jNRjM8

Looking forward to hearing from you all! Also, if anyone knows of a PC for sale that will smash this game for sub £800 second hand, link me. I live in Bournemouth, UK. 

Peace. :D

Why get all these nice parts and then get a £20 cooler for your cpu and a 550w corsair psu. Try looking at 700+ from EVGA, be quiet or Thermaltake 

27 minutes ago, MINTY said:

Why get all these nice parts and then get a £20 cooler for your cpu and a 550w corsair psu. Try looking at 700+ from EVGA, be quiet or Thermaltake 

Why would he get a 700+W PSU when he clearly doesn't need one?

@Wagners why get a 7700K if you can't overclock it with that motherboard?

Unless you're desperate for a new PC right now I'd wait for Coffee Lake. Intel have to counter AMD's surprise attack.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/intel-8th-gen-core-specs-technology-explained

If you do go ahead most of the suggestion above are good imho. Get a board you can overclock with and can take a m.2 SSD (500gb). I'd possibly get the 3200mhz ram as it's at that point of diminishing returns for your money. I've had Corsair PSU's (4 different PCs - still running) for the last 12 years and never had a problem with any of them. And you most certainly don't need 700w. 600w would be plenty even if overclocking.