DictatorWomble

What happened to the british units

Back in september of 2016 the british player model was released, what ever happened to it? it has been all most a year.

There is a lot more that goes into releasing a faction than just modeling a few characters...

• Vehicles
  • Full Armament (weapons)
  • Animations
  • Maps

Perhaps because the animation overhaul is planned, they are holding off on the british faction for a little more time, or perhaps other assets are still WIP (the currently in-game factions aren't even 100% yet with vehicles and emplacements). 

The British units dropped out of the EU they had to change uniforms!  Maybe, I think, maybe this is just sarcasm.... :) Yeah where are the British? What happen?

I'm sure it's because they didn't want to animate the models just to have to re-animate them when they implement the new animation system.

11 hours ago, DictatorWomble said:

Back in september of 2016 the british player model was released, what ever happened to it? it has been all most a year.

I heard the delay was the devs are still painstakingly watching old episodes of Monty Python whilst wearing motion capture suits in an effort to really nail down the nuances of how the British Army marches etc...

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I heard the delay was the devs are still painstakingly watching old episodes of Monty Python whilst wearing motion capture suits in an effort to really nail down the nuances of how the British Army marches etc...

You would not believe how hard it is to get a dead parrot to do mocap.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

You would not believe how hard it is to get a dead parrot to do mocap.

The Norwegian Blue is very rare these days. Beautiful plumage though.

31 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

The Norwegian Blue is very rare these days. Beautiful plumage though.

Fresh out of the Danish Blue though!

I bet you all that the british faction is mostly complete and they are holding it before A10, because they mentioned coreinventory and animations for A10 but nothing about brits. So they will release them soon (i hope) or they´ll release them after A10 (that would be disappointing for me). The last vehicle they did was the MVT (or whatever it´s called) and they have showed us the blackhawk in the last recap......other ground vehicles have priority over helos.....so if they showed the helo other unreleased vehicles should be done.....i guess. What a random  theory i have write xD

My bet would be, they'd have to animate for the current system and then animate for the new system coming with V10. Double the work and a waste of resources. Better off holding them back and releasing them on v10 or post v10 with the new animation system.

It would make sense to release a new faction along with new animations from the salesman standpoint. 

think the delay is due to them having to add mops to clean up the mess their US counterparts always leave behind ;)

I thought it was coming in v10.

"We will absolutely continue to pull in relevant features into Squad as we go forward, but we want to dedicate more resources to performance and stability in an effort to bring everyone a better playing experience."

-Squad development update June 2017
Edited by Mister Skippy