b3n556

Sangin District, Afghanistan map idea

http://www.maphill.com/search/sangin/detailed-satellite-map/

The link above is a satellite view of Sangin, Afghanistan. Sangin was a place of heavy fighting during the war in Afghanistan against the Taliban and various Islamic groups. What I'm thinking is it has a large "Green Zone" that hugs the Helmand River. The "Green Zone" and desert zones are divided by a road that was called "Route Red" and has district centers, market strips, patrol bases, and local mud houses/compounds. The map could be 60% green zone and 40% desert (or whatever the devs deem appropriate) with the Insurgents starting in the "Green Zone" and Americans starting in the desert zone. When I was there, the green zone was where Taliban would hide and fight. I know the devs are working hard on a lot of other maps and I can hear it now, "we don't need another desert map". But, This desert map would be different being the ratio to dense green foliage to desert as it would take up over half the map compared to maps having relatively small areas of green zones in the map. Tell me what you guy's think! Again, this is just an idea I'm throwing out there that I would love to see get developed and added.