Gatzby

June 2017 Monthly Recap

Surg30n   

So how do we name new update 9.6 or 9.8 B| ?. And most important when come out  9_9 ?..

Edited by Surg30n

Disco   
On 4.7.2017. at 6:46 AM, Rhino said:

Awesome stuff guys, loving the new weapons, map and animations + motion capture as always, no one better than master Chuc when it comes to animations! :D

Hope that helps :)

+1!

If there will be no PR layout, I would like it more to see a smaller but real layout than some city-mixedup-jigsaw that won't feel realistic anyway.

BuLL   

Awesome TOW model @ Cr4sh. Obviously your work dude. Epic stuff as usual. Kudos m8.

StukaAss   
On 4.7.2017 at 10:32 PM, dewi316 said:

Just a small critic suggestion, could we get some street signs and stop signs, chevrons on roundabouts, barriers on roundabouts, speed limits, traffic lights, bus stops pull ins, bus shelters along the roads,  if these maps are to represent a war torn city, would also like to see more abandoned vehicles, destroyed vehicles and buses, lorry's and cars, just more general road clutter they look a little clinical. 

same thought, or is it an performance thing? more level of deteils would be very very nice Many that I know miss it too.

On 2017/7/12 at 4:59 PM, StukaAss said:

same thought, or is it an performance thing? more level of deteils would be very very nice Many that I know miss it too.

There was an interview with the mapper and he said that more details may be added depending on performance and gameplay (interior props like tables can get in the way of movement sometimes, I'm guessing). In any case, he made it clear that the map still needs a few more months of work.

Edited by fatalsushi

Will there ever be an animation for entering/exiting vehicles, instead of just simply teleporting? And will there be an alternate exit of the vehicle when it's moving, if there are animations to come? Say you open the door, and dive out, or if you're in a gunner position in a Humvee with an open-top, so you can shoot, you just pull yourself out and roll off the vehicle. Just ideas, if you really do plan on making animations.

Nikko B   
23 minutes ago, [SFW]baiter said:

july update when? urgent to check on the progress of development. :P

The team went on vacation apparently, so there's little hope for a recap of last month. I don't mind, they've been busy and are working hard on v10. Can't wait!

On 7/5/2017 at 3:27 PM, BlackDog1247 said:

I am SOOO excited for these upcomming updates! Shotguns, new animations, FALLUJAH!! Fallujah was my favorite map in Project Reality!

"We are excited to announce that production on Fallujah is in full force. We took some time revisiting our workflow and production pipeline before jumping into this map and we really think it will pay off. As you can see we are planning to pay homage to the original map from Project Reality, created by Duckhunt. Production is underway and we will have more to show you in an upcoming dev blog series called "The Road to Fallujah" which will give you a look into our workflow and thought process." - OWI

also Fallujah was stated that it will be the "diamond of squad" that alone makes youu jizz.

Edited by Kalbouneh

Frinz   
On 6.8.2017 at 4:04 AM, [SFW]baiter said:

july update when? urgent to check on the progress of development. :P

There won't be a july recap, confirmed by the community manager

On 7/31/2017 at 9:18 PM, HenryHidden said:

Will there ever be an animation for entering/exiting vehicles, instead of just simply teleporting? And will there be an alternate exit of the vehicle when it's moving, if there are animations to come? Say you open the door, and dive out, or if you're in a gunner position in a Humvee with an open-top, so you can shoot, you just pull yourself out and roll off the vehicle. Just ideas, if you really do plan on making animations.

Oh yeah that sounds cool, kinda like how they are in Star Citizen, it would fit the mil-sim vibe. Maybe have a faster animation for bailing out with speed but you take damage?

10 hours ago, CornerCarton042 said:

Oh yeah that sounds cool, kinda like how they are in Star Citizen, it would fit the mil-sim vibe. Maybe have a faster animation for bailing out with speed but you take damage?

It's been suggested but a few months ago one of the programmers said it would be too time consuming.