Gatzby

June 2017 Monthly Recap

I support what Rhino is talking about. I'd rather see an actual part of the map than a bunch of stuff cobbled together from different areas. Also the PR layout was pretty much perfect and I'd rather keep the same layout and just change the statics like was done with Al Basrah and if you want to make it a bigger map, extend it at the sides to include the train station and more parts of the city.

[Fr]ag   

Adjustable sights! And the motion capture of someone draging a body... Can't wait for this epic moment!

Good job guys !

Smee   

so shotgun , ied , just need grapple and we have engineer

SgtRoss   
7 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

Dragging bodies confirmed?!

Has been planned for awhile, we've talked about it a lot.

And yes, this is, in fact, MOCAP for dragging bodies. The final cut was actually Norby laying on the bag while I dragged him. Got some nice busted capillaries along the width of my hand too, immershun! 

Monk   

Whoever wrote this month's recap has to learn English grammar, syntax and punctuation.

RaTzo   

Beautiful stuff OWI. We need a snowy location. Europe has lots of snow and I want to look at my enemy's bloody tracks as he runs away from my advance.

Qaiex   

I'm looking forward to some sick shotguns. It'll be a nice change of pace from all the arcadey games where they're basically blunderbusses that can't kill shit beyond 10m.

dewi316   

Just a small critic suggestion, could we get some street signs and stop signs, chevrons on roundabouts, barriers on roundabouts, speed limits, traffic lights, bus stops pull ins, bus shelters along the roads,  if these maps are to represent a war torn city, would also like to see more abandoned vehicles, destroyed vehicles and buses, lorry's and cars, just more general road clutter they look a little clinical. 

Nikko B   
8 minutes ago, FIXXXER said:

dysfluent

That's not a word. And disfluent is a disfluency in speech.

If you mean they aren't fluent, then I would have to argue. Looks fine to me.

4 hours ago, Monk said:

Whoever wrote this month's recap has to learn English grammar, syntax and punctuation.

Sir, that one phrase you wrote has several grammatical errors. First of all, your word choice is incorrect. Instead of using, "has", you need to use the word, "needs". Also, you need to put commas after, "Whoever wrote this month's recap," and before "and". 

Edited by NeverSkipLegDay

FIXXXER   
6 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

That's not a word. And disfluent is a disfluency in speech.

If you mean they aren't fluent, then I would have to argue. Looks fine to me.

dysfluent is an alternative notation, though you are absolutely right that disfluent/dysfluent is particularly used to describe speech disorder,

however i do not see why this term can not be used to describe something that's "not fluent" in general.

as for the animations, take a closer look, it's very robotic, maybe that's a bit more suitable description...

49 minutes ago, FIXXXER said:

dysfluent is an alternative notation, though you are absolutely right that disfluent/dysfluent is particularly used to describe speech disorder,

however i do not see why this term can not be used to describe something that's "not fluent" in general.

as for the animations, take a closer look, it's very robotic, maybe that's a bit more suitable description...

Which animations? I think the m4 reload and the shotgun animations look robotic with not enough feeling of weight. The m4 recoil and sight misalignment looks great though, as do the vehicle-mounted weapons.

Edited by fatalsushi

FIXXXER   

"weight" is a mayor keyword here! :)

the M4 and the shotgun animations look very overemphasized.

the wehicle mounted guns animations are better but stillit looks very strange and absolutely not natural

4 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

"weight" is a mayor keyword here! :)

the M4 and the shotgun animations look very overemphasized.

the wehicle mounted guns animations are better but stillit looks very strange and absolutely not natural

It's probably just because it's all work in progress. I'm just glad that they changed the recoil and sight misalignment mechanics.

18 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

Has been planned for awhile, we've talked about it a lot.

And yes, this is, in fact, MOCAP for dragging bodies. The final cut was actually Norby laying on the bag while I dragged him. Got some nice busted capillaries along the width of my hand too, immershun! 

Punching bag + Norby = weight of infantryman with gear?

Icedeath   

Interesting you showed TOW and RPG-26, one being ATGM and another a simple tube launcher.

I would have expected to see Kornet instead of RPG-26.

Also it would have been great when we get russian ATGMs to see all the rocket types that comes with it 

For example for Kornet there is:

HE

Tandem HEAT 

Thermobaric