Jump to content
Gatzby

June 2017 Monthly Recap

Recommended Posts

I support what Rhino is talking about. I'd rather see an actual part of the map than a bunch of stuff cobbled together from different areas. Also the PR layout was pretty much perfect and I'd rather keep the same layout and just change the statics like was done with Al Basrah and if you want to make it a bigger map, extend it at the sides to include the train station and more parts of the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[Fr]ag   

Adjustable sights! And the motion capture of someone draging a body... Can't wait for this epic moment!

 

Good job guys !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee   

so shotgun , ied , just need grapple and we have engineer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SgtRoss   
7 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

Dragging bodies confirmed?!

 

 

Has been planned for awhile, we've talked about it a lot.

 

And yes, this is, in fact, MOCAP for dragging bodies. The final cut was actually Norby laying on the bag while I dragged him. Got some nice busted capillaries along the width of my hand too, immershun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monk   

Whoever wrote this month's recap has to learn English grammar, syntax and punctuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaTzo   

Beautiful stuff OWI. We need a snowy location. Europe has lots of snow and I want to look at my enemy's bloody tracks as he runs away from my advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Qaiex   

I'm looking forward to some sick shotguns. It'll be a nice change of pace from all the arcadey games where they're basically blunderbusses that can't kill shit beyond 10m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dewi316   

Just a small critic suggestion, could we get some street signs and stop signs, chevrons on roundabouts, barriers on roundabouts, speed limits, traffic lights, bus stops pull ins, bus shelters along the roads,  if these maps are to represent a war torn city, would also like to see more abandoned vehicles, destroyed vehicles and buses, lorry's and cars, just more general road clutter they look a little clinical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikko B   
8 minutes ago, FIXXXER said:

dysfluent

That's not a word. And disfluent is a disfluency in speech.

 

If you mean they aren't fluent, then I would have to argue. Looks fine to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monk said:

Whoever wrote this month's recap has to learn English grammar, syntax and punctuation.

Sir, that one phrase you wrote has several grammatical errors. First of all, your word choice is incorrect. Instead of using, "has", you need to use the word, "needs". Also, you need to put commas after, "Whoever wrote this month's recap," and before "and". 

Edited by NeverSkipLegDay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FIXXXER   
6 minutes ago, Nikko B said:

That's not a word. And disfluent is a disfluency in speech.

 

If you mean they aren't fluent, then I would have to argue. Looks fine to me.

 

dysfluent is an alternative notation, though you are absolutely right that disfluent/dysfluent is particularly used to describe speech disorder,

however i do not see why this term can not be used to describe something that's "not fluent" in general.

 

as for the animations, take a closer look, it's very robotic, maybe that's a bit more suitable description...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, FIXXXER said:

 

dysfluent is an alternative notation, though you are absolutely right that disfluent/dysfluent is particularly used to describe speech disorder,

however i do not see why this term can not be used to describe something that's "not fluent" in general.

 

as for the animations, take a closer look, it's very robotic, maybe that's a bit more suitable description...

Which animations? I think the m4 reload and the shotgun animations look robotic with not enough feeling of weight. The m4 recoil and sight misalignment looks great though, as do the vehicle-mounted weapons.

Edited by fatalsushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FIXXXER   

"weight" is a mayor keyword here! :)

 

 the M4 and the shotgun animations look very overemphasized.

the wehicle mounted guns animations are better but stillit looks very strange and absolutely not natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

"weight" is a mayor keyword here! :)

 

 the M4 and the shotgun animations look very overemphasized.

the wehicle mounted guns animations are better but stillit looks very strange and absolutely not natural

It's probably just because it's all work in progress. I'm just glad that they changed the recoil and sight misalignment mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SgtRoss said:

 

Has been planned for awhile, we've talked about it a lot.

 

And yes, this is, in fact, MOCAP for dragging bodies. The final cut was actually Norby laying on the bag while I dragged him. Got some nice busted capillaries along the width of my hand too, immershun! 

Punching bag + Norby = weight of infantryman with gear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icedeath   

Interesting you showed TOW and RPG-26, one being ATGM and another a simple tube launcher.

I would have expected to see Kornet instead of RPG-26.

Also it would have been great when we get russian ATGMs to see all the rocket types that comes with it 

For example for Kornet there is:

HE

Tandem HEAT 

Thermobaric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×