Mister Skippy

Teamkillers and 1-man squads

See for yourself this is a perfect example of what i'm going through i was playing on Fools road my team took Fortress,village and hilltop.We had 2 FOB's we were doing good we have 200 tickets i thought the game is going to be overs oon .Ok the game flips they take village and start attacking hilltop i spawn back at main to bring a BTR...

I didn't take a screenshot but squad 5 which has the following score and was created since the beginning started killing each other:

w4eCet6.jpg

I don't know why but afterwards they took a scout car and blocked the main and only entrance of Militia camp,me and my squad couldn't get the logi truck out of there.

Then more people are joining squad 9 and are laughing around in base together with squad 8,7,6 and they didn't leave the base at all

rEsRGGS.jpg

Squad 5 starts killing these other 4 squads who were trolling so the members of squad 9 leave the game and the other squad leaders return fire

At the end all useless squad leaders stay at base waiting for more squad 5 members to join so they can kill them back

dqW5xDQ.jpg  bSwjE5f.jpg

It turns out that the Russians flipped the game captured both objectives and won the game by 99 tickets

AUwAFsn.jpg

I guess everyone will start telling me switch server and it's the admins fault or some of you will also say stop crying you have to accept it as we all do.Seriously i play 10-8 hours a day and  from 10 games 6 of them have useless 2-man squads and team killers who cannot be banned when admins are there.

Can't you like put a system which detects team-killing? Removing xp from the players total score is not really useful you know,don't mention the 2-man squads who are wasting vehicles every 2 minutes

Edited by Mister Skippy

There is one in place already. If you TK 7+ times, regardless of intent, you are given a kick/ban from the server. The length of time of which is variable and up to the admins of the server.

So far a lot of effort has went into Squad. Each version is a vast improvement over the previous one and the devs actually listen to players opinions and consider their viability for inclusion into the game.

So yeah, maybe Skippy you should read the Wiki and dev notes plus put more than 89 hours into Squad before you form so many opinions about the game and how it's played etc... just saying maybe you should sort of watch, learn and adapt a little. Also I'm a little confused how you play 8-10 hours a day and have only 89 hours in your profile? 

57 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

So far a lot of effort has went into Squad. Each version is a vast improvement over the previous one and the devs actually listen to players opinions and consider their viability for inclusion into the game.

So yeah, maybe Skippy you should read the Wiki and dev notes plus put more than 89 hours into Squad before you form so many opinions about the game and how it's played etc... just saying maybe you should sort of watch, learn and adapt a little. Also I'm a little confused how you play 8-10 hours a day and have only 89 hours in your profile? 

Seeing how you did answer to this thread "very politely" i can only say that you are one of these people who are actually team killing because you just lost your nerves very fast.I played my first game on 24th of June that's 9 days of now and i have been following this game since the kick starter . Well it's true i didn't play it back then but i'm pretty sure i have the right to speak about the game and btw i don't care if you have 1600 hours and if you did open your eyes clearly which you clearly didn't i was talking about "Team killing and 2-man squads" and didn't give my opinion of the game.

The funny thing is you didn't even respond to what I've wrote and you attacked me like i already knew you

I've been playing since Kickstarter and I've never seen as many one man squads in game as you've posted.  IME, most squads fill up unless they specify their squad role which is specifically small. Since you've been playing through the Steam sale as well as the usual influx of summer silliness, I'd venture you are experiencing an anomaly. The majority of the player base generally plays properly, maybe not well, but more or less as the game intends. You'll always see RnG gamers flood into Squad during and after sales, some act like idiots, then get bored and leave, a few get it and stick around and you'll get a good sized percentage of players who come from other tactical shooter type games and they'll learn quickly. This will often drive experienced players to take a break since it's annoying and we've all been through it before and they'll come back once things calm down. 

So, fear not, it's just a wave of noobs. 

2 minutes ago, LugNut said:

I've been playing since Kickstarter and I've never seen as many one man squads in game as you've posted.  IME, most squads fill up unless they specify their squad role which is specifically small. Since you've been playing through the Steam sale as well as the usual influx of summer silliness, I'd venture you are experiencing an anomaly. The majority of the player base generally plays properly, maybe not well, but more or less as the game intends. You'll always see RnG gamers flood into Squad during and after sales, some act like idiots, then get bored and leave, a few get it and stick around and you'll get a good sized percentage of players who come from other tactical shooter type games and they'll learn quickly. This will often drive experienced players to take a break since it's annoying and we've all been through it before and they'll come back once things calm down. 

So, fear not, it's just a wave of noobs. 

I guess i acted quickly maybe i have bad luck encountering too many people like this.But for real this game is going in a good path i hope it's just steam summer sale as you said

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Mister Skippy said:

I guess i acted quickly maybe i have bad luck encountering too many people like this.But for real this game is going in a good path i hope it's just steam summer sale as you said

It is man, the game always gets like this during a sale or free weekend. Its worse right now due to it being the steam summer sale. Give it a few days and things will begin to calm down and go back to normal.

49 minutes ago, hackeye8236 said:

It is man, the game always gets like this during a sale or free weekend. Its worse right now due to it being the steam summer sale. Give it a few days and things will begin to calm down and go back to normal.

If by "normal" you mean sitting on an empty capturable enemy point with a fresh rally and nobody will switch over to your squad in order to cap the point for fear they'll lose their precious role & weapon? That normal? Lmfao... 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

If by "normal" you mean sitting on an empty capturable enemy point with a fresh rally and nobody will switch over to your squad in order to cap the point for fear they'll lose their precious role & weapon? That normal? Lmfao... 

Well first off why would you attack a enemy point when you don't have the people required to cap it in the first place? Seems like a bad move. Secondly when people join a squad with a SL they like/ can tolerate they normally wont leave the squad it has very little to do with kits or weapons. At least in my experience.  Third that's not the "normal" state of the game. When I play I normaly find people that are willing to do there best to help the squad. They may act disruptive at first but once I make it clear that I'm the SL they calm down.

13 minutes ago, hackeye8236 said:

Well first off why would you attack a enemy point when you don't have the people required to cap it in the first place? Seems like a bad move. Secondly when people join a squad with a SL they like/ can tolerate they normally wont leave the squad it has very little to do with kits or weapons. At least in my experience.  Third that's not the "normal" state of the game. When I play I normaly find people that are willing to do there best to help the squad. They may act disruptive at first but once I make it clear that I'm the SL they calm down.

I think you missed my point. A squad of only two people can claim a vehicle and quickly be in the cap zone of an empty enemy point that is just about to kick over or has become capturable seconds ago. They quickly establish a rally point and logically dead people on other squads should see this, switch squads and waterfall on the point thus quickly capturing the point.

Instead, players continue respawning back into the defense point in their respective squads and milling around aimlessly because they just established victory at that point which then allows the enemy time to re-establish control of their defense point.

I surmise why players don't play the point  and join a different squad for the victory is because of the hierarchical nature of the more desirable weapon distribution makes them reluctant to switch and blitzkrieg the point which is how you should be playing by a simple analysis of the game mode.

2 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I think you missed my point. A squad of only two people can claim a vehicle and quickly be in the cap zone of an empty enemy point that is just about to kick over or has become capturable seconds ago. They quickly establish a rally point and logically dead people on other squads should see this, switch squads and waterfall on the point thus quickly capturing the point.

Instead, players continue respawning back into the defense point in their respective squads and milling around aimlessly because they just established victory at that point which then allows the enemy time to re-establish control of their defense point.

I surmise why players don't play the point  and join a different squad for the victory is because of the hierarchical nature of the more desirable weapon distribution makes them reluctant to switch and blitzkrieg the point which is how you should be playing by a simple analysis of the game mode.

I get it, its a smart strategy. But there is one flaw most of your standard players who are not SL's will not pay attention and stick with there squad and trusting that there squad leader is doing what is needed to win. I'm not trying to be a *** but it just doesn't seem realistic when playing with random people.

16 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This is not how the game is supposed to be played. And if people seriously started playing like this I'd be the first to argue for the devs to implement a timer to prevent people from switching back and forth between squads.

Rally points are not supposed to be used like some sort of manually placed teleporter.

The only thing i want to say is that there is a problem with certain main bases only having one way out. all it takes a troll squad of two people to take a light vehicle and put it in the exit and blow it up and leave the server. We've had that happen a lot on Fools road v1, Sumari, Kokan and some other map. But honestly, its a wait it out thing, the sales brings lots of people that probably aren't ready to play the game, so they mess around not realizing how much impact they have

On 08/07/2017 at 1:08 PM, homfri said:

The only thing i want to say is that there is a problem with certain main bases only having one way out. all it takes a troll squad of two people to take a light vehicle and put it in the exit and blow it up and leave the server. We've had that happen a lot on Fools road v1, Sumari, Kokan and some other map. But honestly, its a wait it out thing, the sales brings lots of people that probably aren't ready to play the game, so they mess around not realizing how much impact they have

Easy fix if you make it possible to remove debris by digging it out or blowing it up with a grenade or something.