Imadber

Am I going to have issues?

Hello, 

I've been a fan of SQUAD ever since it was still just an IDEA and video trailers.
I really want to purchase the game, but the problem is, I have an AMD CPU
My configuration is 
8GB Ram
G1 Gaming RX480 8GB OC
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition..
I would not mind playing at 30-40FPS, am I going to be able to play at those frame rates?

8 hours ago, Imadber said:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition

There's not alot of feedback on that specific CPU, but I would say your going to struggle.

Sorry I don't know anything about AMD CPU's really, apart from they don't play well on the engine Squad runs on, with the exception of Ryzen which runs ok.

Get the game, try it and if your not happy refund it I guess?

After getting the game, and playing for 30 minutes, I've not had problems at all, running the game at high, and the frame rate seemed to be good, no drops whatsoever

1 hour ago, Imadber said:

After getting the game, and playing for 30 minutes, I've not had problems at all, running the game at high, and the frame rate seemed to be good, no drops whatsoever

ah great what sort of FPS are you getting on full servers? be interested to know.

On 2.07.2017 at 5:11 PM, Imadber said:

Hello, 

I've been a fan of SQUAD ever since it was still just an IDEA and video trailers.
I really want to purchase the game, but the problem is, I have an AMD CPU
My configuration is 
8GB Ram
G1 Gaming RX480 8GB OC
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t Black Edition..
I would not mind playing at 30-40FPS, am I going to be able to play at those frame rates?

Although your Phenom is quite old, it's single core performance is not as that bad (similar to FX CPUs) and can be OCd a lot and it should handle SQUAD. On top of that your GPU is making a good work here - so for sure you can run SQUAD.

Smart and cheap setup I must say B| See you on battlefields, regards.

Edited by PadrePadre

53 minutes ago, bilal said:

squad perfer intel cpus

Nah, it simple can't use multicores effectively. It's just a bad design/engine efficiency. At current state there is no optimalisation at all, even very strong PCs have issues running squad at decent FPS. That's strange as Squad is closer to 2001 ghost recon than BF4. 

But on the other hand it's just alpha and I'm sure devs want to make their game more modern in terms of engine design - just to attract more players. So fingers crossed!